Sign in to follow this  
cyclone24

What do we do with Fantasy Final now?

I didn’t see anything on this, but what are we supposed to do with fantasy final week that had that game from last night?

I mean they have to play that game at some point right? Are we just delaying the final until that game gets played? And what if it doesn’t get played?

It is very very simple...

1) Wait to see if the game is resumed.  If so thats the answer.

2) If game is cancelled and the game would have been in question.  There is only one gentlemen's solution.  Since FF is all about skill, you should have Week 18 kicker's only duel. Winner of that is truly the league champion.

3) If Trial by Kicker is too much for the weak of heart, Split dat Pot.

7 minutes ago, Superdude said:

It is very very simple...

1) Wait to see if the game is resumed.  If so thats the answer.

2) If game is cancelled and the game would have been in question.  There is only one gentlemen's solution.  Since FF is all about skill, you should have Week 18 kicker's only duel. Winner of that is truly the league champion.

3) If Trial by Kicker is too much for the weak of heart, Split dat Pot.

Screw that. Pick a punter week. Highest average wins.

They will play the game this week I am sure.  Hamlin, surrounded by his teammates, will give the Adrian Balboa speech... 

Sean McDermott:  Well, what are we waitin' for?? 

:pointstosky:

• Like 1

Are you treating MNF like all players suffered an in-game injury and that's that? Players don't finish all the time. That's the breaks.

I've heard other alternatives like take the players from Cincy and Buff, take their week 18 scores and apply them to week 17 to decide scores.

I've head replaying the full championship match up over using week 18.

What are your thoughts? What is your league doing?

Ummmm, still kind of waiting on word from the nfl.

Still waiting on word from the nfl

Still waiting for word other than this:

The NFL has announced Buffalo and Cincinnati's postponed Week 17 game will not be resumed this week. 

In a statement, the league said it has "made no decision regarding the possible resumption of the game at a later date." Perhaps the league is reserving the right to continue to contest if there is AFC seeding implications following Cincinnati's Week 18 game against the Ravens and Buffalo's date with the Patriots (which there will be), but it is certainly seeming like this game will eventually be declared a no contest. That would mean all Week 17 fantasy results are final. The only alternative would be creating a "Week 19," bumping back the playoffs by a week and eliminating the pre-Super Bowl bye week. The league has no good choices as the football world waits for more news on Damar Hamlin's status. Our thoughts remain with Hamlin, his family and teammates. 

3 out of 4 playoff matches were not close so the full winnings went to the team that’s ahead.

1 match had a 80/20 favorite so we allocated the winnings 75/25% when both of them agreed. 

• Like 2

Definitely don’t like the idea of playing the championships over in week 18.  15/16 games completed this week.

Yahoo just emailed guidance.   Basically be patient. 

Yahoo, whether intentional or not, has now declared winners - announced the champions. That's not to say they can't change course, but for now they have week 17 as finished, done.

5 hours ago, Law said:

Yahoo, whether intentional or not, has now declared winners - announced the champions. That's not to say they can't change course, but for now they have week 17 as finished, done.

They also have a notice up at the top of every page that the Week 17 scoring could change if the game is still played.  It seems to be trending towards not being played, however.

39 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

They also have a notice up at the top of every page that the Week 17 scoring could change if the game is still played.  It seems to be trending towards not being played, however.

Do you have a link ?  Our Superbowl has/had Burrow/Allen/Diggs/Hurst, with $1,000 and a 70/30 split.

Just read possibility….

week 19

Bengals/Bills

NFC Wildcard playoffs 

AFC playoff bye week

week 20

AFC wildcard playoffs 

NFC playoff bye week 

They can't have an AFC bye week, week 19 because they won't know if the Chiefs earn the bye or not until the Bills play the Bengals.

5 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

They can't have an AFC bye week, week 19 because they won't know if the Chiefs earn the bye or not until the Bills play the Bengals.

There won’t be any AFC playoff games that week 

AFC won’t start til the following week

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, plasma george said:

There won’t be any AFC playoff games that week 

AFC won’t start til the following week

Does that mean if the Chiefs win the AFC they will essentially get two weeks off?  I think that's what that would mean.  

4 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

Does that mean if the Chiefs win the AFC they will essentially get two weeks off?  I think that's what that would mean.  

I guess so

and Eagles would have 2 bye weeks 

source was @profootballtalk 

Yahoo, ESPN, and NFL.com have declared winners in leagues hosted on their sites. That means, for now, they have deemed week 17 done. But they still show a disclaimer that week 17 can still be changed if the NFL decides to replay Buff/Cin. If the NFL doesn't, it seems it's over. Unless an individual FF league decides to do something different.

1 hour ago, Law said:

Yahoo, ESPN, and NFL.com have declared winners in leagues hosted on their sites. That means, for now, they have deemed week 17 done. But they still show a disclaimer that week 17 can still be changed if the NFL decides to replay Buff/Cin. If the NFL doesn't, it seems it's over. Unless an individual FF league decides to do something different.

CBS isn't going that route.   They won't go back and change anything they have said. 

I'm getting screwed. Was down going into Monday but had Diggs, Higgins, and Bass. When play was called, I had >80% chance of winning. If they don't continue the game, looks like league is now gonna give the title to my opponent just because ESPN defaults to whatever the stats were at the time.

45 minutes ago, browndelivers said:

I'm getting screwed. Was down going into Monday but had Diggs, Higgins, and Bass. When play was called, I had >80% chance of winning. If they don't continue the game, looks like league is now gonna give the title to my opponent just because ESPN defaults to whatever the stats were at the time.

so which guy in my league are you? :lol:

1 hour ago, browndelivers said:

I don't get how ESPN can do that, if the NFL cancels that 1/4 game, the stats are officially cancelled, they will not exist in any NFL game box score.

Games stats don't become "official" until Tuesdays, not Live.

CBS will follow the NFL rules/stats, and my League will too.  We're waiting.

info.gif close (x)

So, I play five teams in this league including $250 and $150 entry fees which makes for decent payouts. This is the proposed solution from the site administrator. It's pretty painful to digest. I would have preferred just splitting the championship between the two finalists but oh well. At least I'll win two of the leagues. Would have had a shot at four if the game was played but not under this proposal as I was trailing going into the game in two of the leagues.

Anyone in a league a different plan?

Update: FFF will update the status on fantasy championships as news transpires. Our thoughts are with Damar Hamlin, his family, friends and teammates. For now, FFF will wait until a final determination is made by the NFL to see if the game will be completed. 

If the Bills vs Bengals game is entirely postponed: Each fantasy championship will be decided by 2 playoff results.
1st result - is the current live scoring. The team with more points wins 1st result.
2nd result - is the combination of what players already scored in the game + 85% of season average. 15% of the game was completed so that is why 85% of season average will be used.
For example - Joe Burrow scored 8.3 points. His weekly season average through week 16 is 27.1 points per game and 85% of that is 23 points. Burrow scores 23 + 8.3 for 31.3 points.

If both results favor the same team, then the championship is won.
If the results are split 1 each, then the championship is split and both teams will split the winnings. 

3rd place games: the same will be done for 3rd place games for the leagues that have 3rd place games.

The request for payouts and ability to complete the address verification form will be available once a final determination has been made and ALL championship games are determined.

If ESPN does cancel out that person stats, he loses right.  So if the game isn’t played that person loses to matter if those stats count or not if they don’t finish that game.  

2 hours ago, browndelivers said:

Yeah, I got screwed a few times this year too when I was projected to win by some seemingly insurmountable margin, only to find that my players did not get all of the points they were projected to get (or my opponent's players got more points than they were projected to get), and I got stuck with an L when I should have had a W.

It does suck when your players don't get the points they were projected to get, but that's fantasy football.

Hopefully this incident will set a precedent where players can use next week's scores or a season average or weekly projections or something other than a player's actual stats, when that player's actual stats are unacceptable.  We need to turn our attention more towards what SHOULD have happened, rather than merely accepting what DID happen.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, wolves111 said:
info.gif close (x)

So, I play five teams in this league including $250 and $150 entry fees which makes for decent payouts. This is the proposed solution from the site administrator. It's pretty painful to digest. I would have preferred just splitting the championship between the two finalists but oh well. At least I'll win two of the leagues. Would have had a shot at four if the game was played but not under this proposal as I was trailing going into the game in two of the leagues.

Anyone in a league a different plan?

Update: FFF will update the status on fantasy championships as news transpires. Our thoughts are with Damar Hamlin, his family, friends and teammates. For now, FFF will wait until a final determination is made by the NFL to see if the game will be completed. 

If the Bills vs Bengals game is entirely postponed: Each fantasy championship will be decided by 2 playoff results.
1st result - is the current live scoring. The team with more points wins 1st result.
2nd result - is the combination of what players already scored in the game + 85% of season average. 15% of the game was completed so that is why 85% of season average will be used.
For example - Joe Burrow scored 8.3 points. His weekly season average through week 16 is 27.1 points per game and 85% of that is 23 points. Burrow scores 23 + 8.3 for 31.3 points.

If both results favor the same team, then the championship is won.
If the results are split 1 each, then the championship is split and both teams will split the winnings. 

3rd place games: the same will be done for 3rd place games for the leagues that have 3rd place games.

The request for payouts and ability to complete the address verification form will be available once a final determination has been made and ALL championship games are determined.

FF is just stupid, no one should be playing ff.  

14 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

The final score is the final score.

Well, I truly hate to agree with you but yeah, it's really ridiculous.

22 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Yeah, I got screwed a few times this year too when I was projected to win by some seemingly insurmountable margin, only to find that my players did not get all of the points they were projected to get (or my opponent's players got more points than they were projected to get), and I got stuck with an L when I should have had a W.

It does suck when your players don't get the points they were projected to get, but that's fantasy football.

Hopefully this incident will set a precedent where players can use next week's scores or a season average or weekly projections or something other than a player's actual stats, when that player's actual stats are unacceptable.  We need to turn our attention more towards what SHOULD have happened, rather than merely accepting what DID happen.

Bad management 

We did a 60-40 split, as that was the percentage of the time that the game halted. The guy who was ahead by 6 points but had no players left retains 60% split plus the yahoo title.. he was fine with the split at first, but wanted to go back on the agreement after yahoo posted their take... you're definitely not going to make everyone (or anyone) happy in this scenario.

2 minutes ago, rallo said:

We did a 60-40 split, as that was the percentage of the time that the game halted. The guy who was ahead by 6 points but had no players left retains 60% split plus the yahoo title.. he was fine with the split at first, but wanted to go back on the agreement after yahoo posted their take... you're definitely not going to make everyone (or anyone) happy in this scenario.

Agreed.  It’s a tough one, I think the NFL fumbled on this one big time.  I’m glad that Mr Hamlin seems to be getting stronger, I’m sorry that it happen, but the game should have continued, they could have easily played it on Tuesday.  

It’s really tainted the out come of both ff, and the regular nfl season.  

This is how my $ league is doing it:

2. For those matchups where all players in both lineups have completed their games and point totals are final and accurate, the winners will be awarded accordingly.

3. For those matchups in which there are BUF and CIN players in the lineup, but there is still a clear winner (i.e. the person with players left to play already has a lead and the opponent has no one left), the results will be final and payouts will be awarded accordingly.

4. For any matchups where it is too close to call or if impossible to determine whether the team(s) with CIN/BUF players remaining could/would score enough points to win, the Champion and Runner up pots will be split.  So for instance, if 1st place gets $1000, and second place gets $300, the 2 owners would split $1300 and receive $650 each. 

5. If a team has a 40 pt lead or more per QB, RB, WR, or TE that opponent has left, we will determine that team to be the winner. For instance, if Team A has a 45 pt lead and his opponent Team B has just Jamarr Chase left to play, we will award the win to Team A.  But if Team A has a 50 pt lead, with Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs left to play, then it will be a no decision and the teams will split the pot.

6. For instances where there is a K and/or DEF left, if there is a 20 pt or more lead per position left to play, we will award the win to the team with the lead. For example, if a team has K Bass and CIN DEF in their lineup, but they are down 42 points, we will award the win to the opponent. 

I was in the lead by ~ 17 points, and my opponent had CIN RB J. Mixon going.  We fit category 4.  So, instead of getting $316, I'll get $216 ($316 + $116 / 2).  Not bad for a $50 entry fee.

1 hour ago, Bills04 said:

This is how my $ league is doing it:

2. For those matchups where all players in both lineups have completed their games and point totals are final and accurate, the winners will be awarded accordingly.

3. For those matchups in which there are BUF and CIN players in the lineup, but there is still a clear winner (i.e. the person with players left to play already has a lead and the opponent has no one left), the results will be final and payouts will be awarded accordingly.

4. For any matchups where it is too close to call or if impossible to determine whether the team(s) with CIN/BUF players remaining could/would score enough points to win, the Champion and Runner up pots will be split.  So for instance, if 1st place gets $1000, and second place gets $300, the 2 owners would split $1300 and receive $650 each. 

5. If a team has a 40 pt lead or more per QB, RB, WR, or TE that opponent has left, we will determine that team to be the winner. For instance, if Team A has a 45 pt lead and his opponent Team B has just Jamarr Chase left to play, we will award the win to Team A.  But if Team A has a 50 pt lead, with Josh Allen and Stephon Diggs left to play, then it will be a no decision and the teams will split the pot.

6. For instances where there is a K and/or DEF left, if there is a 20 pt or more lead per position left to play, we will award the win to the team with the lead. For example, if a team has K Bass and CIN DEF in their lineup, but they are down 42 points, we will award the win to the opponent. 

I was in the lead by ~ 17 points, and my opponent had CIN RB J. Mixon going.  We fit category 4.  So, instead of getting $316, I'll get $216 ($316 + $116 / 2).  Not bad for a $50 entry fee.

It's about as convoluted as the NFL's solutions to use a coin flip to determine home field advantage and hold the AFC title game at a neutral site.  The game was cancelled - starters in that game should get a zero, same as if they had sprained an ankle in pre-game warm-up and didn't play.

• Thanks 1