Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

BUF / CIN implications after Week 18

22 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Thanks for the info, but what a cluster ****. They could've finished the game Tuesday or Wednesday night and avoided all this unnecessary complexity. 

37 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Thanks for the info, but what a cluster ****. They could've finished the game Tuesday or Wednesday night and avoided all this unnecessary complexity. 

Fortunately they asked themselves what would be best for Axe Elf first.

1 hour ago, easilyscan said:

No reason why they couldn’t have played the game Tuesday.  

The NFL just kissed KC arse imo.   

They came up with a great way by using a horrible situation to make it clear that they want Mahomes at home for the playoffs, to make it easier for him to make it to the super bowl.  Yet Mahomes lost to both the Bengals and Buffalo, and the Buffalo lost was at home for KC.  

The AFC side of the playoffs is now simply bs if KC makes the super bowl.  

15 minutes ago, weepaws said:

The NFL just kissed KC arse imo.   

They came up with a great way by using a horrible situation to make it clear that they want Mahomes at home for the playoffs, to make it easier for him to make it to the super bowl.  Yet Mahomes lost to both the Bengals and Buffalo, and the Buffalo lost was at home for KC.  

The AFC side of the playoffs is now simply bs if KC makes the super bowl.  

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Good job Joe.  NFL needs to sale tickets, no bigger draw than Mahomes.   

I think it’s awful how they the NFL has used this situation to help pave a much easier why for Mahomes to make it to the super bowl.  

Shame.  

26 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Good job Joe.  NFL needs to sale tickets, no bigger draw than Mahomes.   

I think it’s awful how they the NFL has used this situation to help pave a much easier why for Mahomes to make it to the super bowl.  

Shame.  

If they follow what Joe is saying, chiefs are the no. 1.  Not this neutral field bs.

24 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

If they follow what Joe is saying, chiefs are the no. 1.  Not this neutral field bs.

The neutral field talk is bs.  But so is handing over the number one ranking to KC because of a incomplete regular season. 

Now I don’t follow the game as intensely like you do, because it’s not worth it, but I don’t, but it’s my understanding that if Buffalo had won out they would be number 1, is that right, and if the Bengals had won out they would be number one if the Raiders beat KC? 

Now I’m asking you this because you are intense. 

Thanks for the return  

Just now, weepaws said:

The neutral field talk is bs.  But so is handing over the number one ranking to KC because of a incomplete regular season. 

Now I don’t follow the game as intensely like you do, because it’s not worth it, but I don’t, but it’s my understanding that if Buffalo had won out they would be number 1, is that right, and if the Bengals had won out they would be number one if the Raiders beat KC? 

Now I’m asking you this because you are intense. 

Thanks for the return  

Those are correct hypotheticals, but it's still just hypothetical scenarios.

47 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Those are correct hypotheticals, but it's still just hypothetical scenarios.

Really, mmm so the Bengals and Bills will be allowed to play a full complete season?

10 minutes ago, NelsonAlgren said:

I just need Miami to lose. And now Flacco is starting..

Could be worse, the Jets could start Wilson. 

Even with Flacco the Dolphins are still only a 3 point favorite.. I could have got the Dolphins +1 two days ago and hedged but I got distracted.. Oh well..

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Really, mmm so the Bengals and Bills will be allowed to play a full complete season?

no, but as it stands with record percentage (assuming all win this week), Chiefs are #1, Bills are #2 and Bengals are #3 and there is no denying this.  Any other efforts agreed upon by the league are simply adjustments away from this, in the sense of "competitive balance" in that those two teams weren't able to get their full slate of games in.

7 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

no, but as it stands with record percentage (assuming all win this week), Chiefs are #1, Bills are #2 and Bengals are #3 and there is no denying this.  Any other efforts agreed upon by the league are simply adjustments away from this, in the sense of "competitive balance" in that those two teams weren't able to get their full slate of games in.

As it should be. Why should the chiefs be punished for this? The whole thing is a mess and that game should have been played. But, since they nuked it…..ya can’t screw the chiefs over. 

who dey (the Bengals get it)

I'm not sure what rule they think is not being followed--are they not seeding the playoffs by win percentage according to the rules?

Just now, AxeElf said:

I'm not sure what rule they think is not being followed--are they not seeding the playoffs by win percentage according to the rules?

no they are not.  They are proposing a coin flip between Baltimore and Cincinnati for who host their wild card game, and the bs related to the neutral sites even though a team should have a tiebreaker based on win percentages.

Just now, cmh6476 said:

no they are not.  They are proposing a coin flip between Baltimore and Cincinnati for who host their wild card game, and the bs related to the neutral sites even though a team should have a tiebreaker based on win percentages.

Oh.  Well, those are just proposals.  Lots of ridiculous things have been proposed.  In the end, I expect the rules will be followed by those who are entrusted to enforce them.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Oh.  Well, those are just proposals.  Lots of ridiculous things have been proposed.  In the end, I expect the rules will be followed by those who are entrusted to enforce them.

the owners are in a meeting today.  What you're hearing is some opposition to what the NFL has proposed.  Rightfully so, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

And the ridiculous proposals are approved. 

7 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

That's weak. 

45 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

And the ridiculous proposals are approved. 

Hopefully according to the rules.

5 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Hopefully according to the rules.

No, it's not.   There is nothing about deciding home field by a coin flip or neutral field in playoffs. 

53 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

No, it's not.   There is nothing about deciding home field by a coin flip or neutral field in playoffs. 

But there may be something in the rules about the process to be taken when a rule needs to be changed or modified, as it did this year.  Hopefully they followed the rules involved to legally deviate from the rules.

Probably be the Chiefs with me posting this, but assuming those Chiefs win tomorrow, it's really close should Buffalo lose to New England, and Cincinnati beat the Ravens.

I believe the tiebreaker would go:

1. Conference Record - both would be 8-3

2. W/L/T % vs common opponents - I think you have common opponents of Tennessee, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, KC, NYJ, Cle, NE and Miami and both would have records of 8-3.

3. Strength of victory

The third one is what gets weird.  I really was just trying to figure this out if there'd be a scenario where either team might rest starters if this game didn't matter.  What I found was

Bengals victories came against NYJ, Mia, NO, Atl, Car, Pit, Ten, KC, Cle, TB, NE and Bal, and adding the week 18 win for New England and loss for Baltimore, you get a current total record of 96-98 for these teams.  

Bills victories came against LAR, Ten, Bal, Pit, KC, GB, Cle, Det, NE, NYJ, Mia and Chicago for a total record of 93-101 after adding the NE win and Bal week 18 outcomes.

Aside from the outcomes against Baltimore and New England for week 18, most of these games are common opponents for the Bengals and Bills, so a win or loss would effect either team in the same way.  For the Bengals, only other games they won included Carolina and New Orleans (who play each other), and TB and Atlanta who play each other.  So the total for Cincinnati in this scenario becomes 98-100, or a 0.494949 strength of victory.

For the Bills, it's the Packers and Lions who play each other, getting them to 94-102, or 0.47959 strength of victory.  There are two outcomes which could improve the percentage for the Bills; Bills beat the Rams who play Seattle, and Bears who play Minnesota.  If the Rams and Bears both would win that would take it to 96-102, or 0.484848.  Still not good enough and the Bengals would get the 2 seed.

:dunno:

5 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

Really hoping the Chiefs lose, mostly as Reid is a POS. 

Do you feel that way about Andy for something he did himself, or because of what his son did ?

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

In other words he has no opinion himself, he just reflects the media that passes through him.

Yeah, I mean nothing in this article says anything other than it's Andy's son.   And the team fired him :dunno:

11 hours ago, AxeElf said:

In other words he has no opinion himself, he just reflects the media that passes through him.

The case isn't really being debated in the media - Reid is guilty and severely impacted that childs life while he was a member of the team staff working for dad. 

I wouldn't expect you to understand these kinds of ethical dilemmas. You're the guy trying to take advantage of the BUF/CIN cancellation to steal fantasy football titles. 

8 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

The case isn't really being debated in the media - Reid is guilty and severely impacted that childs life while he was a member of the team staff working for dad. 

I wouldn't expect you to understand these kinds of ethical dilemmas. You're the guy trying to take advantage of the BUF/CIN cancellation to steal fantasy football titles. 

I've got a chilld who has made decisions I wouldn't want her to.  Hasn't always treated people great.   Hasn't been the ideal teenager.  There's a lot I've overlooked that others don't, because she is my daughter.   I'm not making an excuse here, but you don't always have to agree with your child's choices and can still be there to love and support them. 

Sorry about the wrong and hurtful decisions that cold has been making.  

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Phil Simms 11 said:

And so you hate his dad.  Makes sense.

I wouldn't expect you to understand these kinds of ethical dilemmas.

Good, because even God doesn't hold a father responsible for the sins of his son.

You're the guy trying to take advantage of the BUF/CIN cancellation to steal fantasy football titles.

Someone tried to take advantage of Justin Jefferson's 1/15 performance to steal a fantasy football title from me, so turnabout is fair play.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Sorry about the wrong and hurtful decisions that cold has been making.  

Your phone translated own to owe in the Chiefs raiders thread.   I fixed mine, go fix yours.

• Like 1