Sign in to follow this  
RareN64Dream

Players that won't play whole game, last week of regular season

I was wondering if anybody had any opinions this year on teams that might sit certain players who are still healthy. Due to already clinching certain playoff spot or things like that that would affect players playing time abnormally. Or for 2nd half, sit them after 1st quarter; type of thing.

Looks like LA Chargers are one of those teams.

Thanks!

Deebo Samuel might play, Jalen Hurts might play, Teddy Bridgewater too. Brock Purdy and Jimmy G are questionable.

Derek Carr out, Lamar Jackson out, Kyler Murray out, Ryan Tannehill out, Marcus Mariota out, Justin Fields out, Matt Ryan out, Carson Wentz out, Matthew Stafford out.

Go ahead and start them.  If they end up not playing, you now have precedent to cry about it and get to use their weekly average points instead or something.

• Haha 1

Three championships on the line this weekend, I love this weekend, it’s when one needs to do a lot of team management. 

Week two of round two, I’m up by a lot in one of them , I’m going to be getting a very good pay check. I owe Henry on that team , and he’s playing, and have you seen how he owns the Jags def . 

I’m up 8 in another one, with D Cook and Jefferson on that team, not to sure if or how much they will be playing. 

Another I’m down six , but I’m looking real good, so I can see a good payout this season. 

But yeah OP to some it’s a big bother, but this is another reason why I draft double digit round qbs and te to build up that depth, and why I only roster one Qb and Te  through out the season.  I’m ready for victory and a nice payday.  

Good luck OP.  

God Bless. 

• Thanks 1

Good thread OP. 

I have to get to work on my 2 quarterback points only league. Justin Herbert is one of my QBs & a huge concern. He may only play the first 1/2. As I understand it, if Cincinnati beats the ravens at home in an early game, the chargers would have nothing to gain, & might rest their starters. 

Was hoping for a article similar to the following here @ FFtoday but no luck

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/article/football-daily-dose/week-18-nfl-motivation-tracker-january-03-2023

• Thanks 1

If I was Houston, I'd make damn sure I lose this game to the Colts.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

If I was Houston, I'd make damn sure I lose this game to the Colts.

The Colts may be thinking that they damn sure better lose this game to the Texans.

It may end up looking like a Pro Bowl, with both teams walking through plays slower and slower until neither team is moving and they both forfeit to a tie.

14 hours ago, AxeElf said:

The Colts may be thinking that they damn sure better lose this game to the Texans.

It may end up looking like a Pro Bowl, with both teams walking through plays slower and slower until neither team is moving and they both forfeit to a tie.

Need to go full Chinese Badminton at the 2012 Olympics, just to be sure.

Looks like Davis Mills might not be so bad of a QB start for me in a championship game! Haha, if Colts are trying to lose to Texans; pretty much. I thought Zack Moss might have a big game for Colts; but maybe not anymore.

I had Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson; my other QB is Kirk Cousins for 2 QB start. I had Russell Wilson for a couple weeks; he got picked up after I dropped him.

I got a few other options like Sam Howell, Skyler Thompson, besides Mills; but I think that Davis Mills will score the most somehow.

1 hour ago, RareN64Dream said:

Looks like Davis Mills might not be so bad of a QB start for me in a championship game! Haha, if Colts are trying to lose to Texans; pretty much. I thought Zack Moss might have a big game for Colts; but maybe not anymore.

I had Kyler Murray and Lamar Jackson; my other QB is Kirk Cousins for 2 QB start. I had Russell Wilson for a couple weeks; he got picked up after I dropped him.

I got a few other options like Sam Howell, Skyler Thompson, besides Mills; but I think that Davis Mills will score the most somehow.

In my 2 QB league, I have Josh Allen (starting) & Justin Herbert. I'm actually considering Jarrett Stidham over Herbert. It was only one game & could have been a total fluke, but he went 23 - 34 - 365 yds & 3 tds against the Niners last week, & has the Chiefs at home this week.  

Sucks for me that the Raiders are playing on Saturday. It's one of those decisions that seems so obvious, it has to be wrong!

Herbert has only thrown 3 tds in the past 4 games, he's playing at Denver, & if the Bengals beat the ravens at home in one of the early games, the Chargers playoff position will be set. Giving them a strong incentive to set some of their starters instead of risking injury in a game that win or lose, won't change their playoff position.

1 hour ago, RareN64Dream said:

Houston has a bigger incentive to lose.  If they win and the beats lose, the Texans lose the #1 overall pick.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure the buffalo and Cincy games are going to matter if KC wins today.  The 2nd and 3rd seeds seem to be coming down to strength of victory between the two in a case where Cincy wins and Buffalo loses.  I guess Cincy gets that tie breaker?

3 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm not sure the buffalo and Cincy games are going to matter if KC wins today.  The 2nd and 3rd seeds seem to be coming down to strength of victory between the two in a case where Cincy wins and Buffalo loses.  I guess Cincy gets that tie breaker?

Thanks for this. 

The Chiefs just need a win on Saturday to secure the No. 1 seed. That would lock in Buffalo to the No. 2 seed, giving them not motivation to play their starters. As things stand right now, the Bengals still need a win on Sunday to earn the AFC North crown.

I'm having trouble with that last sentence involving the Bengals. According to yahoo sports, the Bengals have already clinched the AFC North crown ?

Here's another interesting link to help those who still have decisions to make this weekend.

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/betting/betting-nfl-week-18-how-motivated-will-each-team-be-this-week/

AFC North W L T Pct PF PA Net Pts Home Away Div Conf Last 5 Streak Win Championship
11 4 0 .733 391 306 85 5-1-0 6-3-0 2-3-0 7-3-0 4-1-0 W-7 +700
10 6 0 .625 334 288 46 5-3-0 5-3-0 3-2-0 6-5-0 4-1-0 L-1 +3000
8 8 0 .500 280 332 -52 3-4-0 5-4-0 2-3-0 4-7-0 2-3-0 W-3 +30000
7 9 0 .438 347 353 -6 4-4-0 3-5-0 3-2-0 4-7-0 2-3-0 W-1 -

I just put the Bills and pats schedules side by side and realized they have 4 common opponents, so the tie-breaker for those two should be record in common games.

If the Bills lose to the Pats, they would be 4-1 in common games.  If the Bengals beat the Ravens, they would be 2-3 in common games.  The way I see it, Bills are locked into the 2 seed if KC wins.

Bengals/Ravens still matters because if the Ravens beat the Bengals, then they'll have a coin flip to determine if a potential playoff game between the two is played in Cincy or Baltimore which would be the case if Baltimore remains the 6 seed and Cincy the 3 seed.

This is an absolute mess.  If the Ravens lose the morning game, then the Chargers become locked into the 5th seed and won't need to try against Denver.

Tampa is locked into the 4 seed so they shouldn't care about their game.

58 minutes ago, nobody said:

Tampa is locked into the 4 seed so they shouldn't care about their game.

That shows up in projected points on yahoo. Bradys have dropped by close to 1/2. 

I just realized that if buffalo wins, and if they end up meeting the Chiefs in the AFC championship, that game shifts to a neutral field, so buffalo should care about beating New England.

What a shìt show 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

I just realized that if buffalo wins, and if they end up meeting the Chiefs in the AFC championship, that game shifts to a neutral field, so buffalo should care about beating New England.

What a shìt show 

I hope the bills know that! 

Would make me feel a lot better about starting Josh Allen tomorrow.

I keep seeing that the Bengals could get the two seed with a win and bills loss on the basis of the strength of victory tie breaker.  I don't get why they skipped the common games tiebreaker.

Both the Bengals and Bills played the Steelers, Ravens, Browns, and Pats and the Bills should take that tie breaker.