Sign in to follow this  
cavern

So, who are the backups and/or free agents

that are likely to not be rostered now but might play prominent roles next year?

wondering who to stash on my bench in keeper leagues

I picked up Chigoziem Okonkwo.  Austin Hooper is a free agent and Chiggy came on late in the season.

• Thanks 1

Alexander Mattison is a free agent.  I could see him signing somewhere and getting more touches.

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2023 at 4:57 PM, nobody said:

Alexander Mattison is a free agent.  I could see him signing somewhere and getting more touches.

thanks - yeah, i like the zamir white idea.  he had flown under the radar in my 2 keeper leagues.  mattison not so much (already rostered)

On 1/9/2023 at 9:44 AM, cavern said:

that are likely to not be rostered now but might play prominent roles next year?

wondering who to stash on my bench in keeper leagues

sorry i'm not answering the question you asked, but there is this thing called free agency, wow, that really requires some research!

8 minutes ago, League Champion said:

sorry i'm not answering the question you asked, but there is this thing called free agency, wow, that really requires some research!

It’s a bonus for the OP that you don’t give an answer. 

On 1/12/2023 at 2:51 PM, nobody said:

Zamir White might be worth a look.

yeah.   especially if the raiders move on from Jacobs.   

if they keep Jacobs, its hard to say what his value will be.   his usage when jacobs was in the lineup was quite minimal and the small sample size is a bit concerning but likely also means you will get him pretty cheap at the draft table.

my guess is they have had a year to evaluate him and decide if he has what it takes to be a starter.  Hes also had a year to get his pass protections down for the offensive system they are running, so if they do make him the starter, the learning curve wont be what is usually is for a rookie RB.

if they keep Jacobs I'd probably hold off on taking him as anything other than a late round handcuff.   Nobody is gonna replace the leagues rushing leader if he remains on the roster and is healthy.

either way we will soon know what direction the raiders want to take.

Just now, weepaws said:

It’s a bonus for the OP that you don’t give an answer. 

I was busting his chops. That was his reply to my last question. I just copied it 

On 1/12/2023 at 2:57 PM, nobody said:

yes.  hes shown well when Cook has been injured and put up comparable numbers.

I dont see why he would stay there and get a backup salary when a team may throw starters money at him and get a RB with lots of tread left on the tires.

40 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah.   especially if the raiders move on from Jacobs.   

if they keep Jacobs, its hard to say what his value will be.   his usage when jacobs was in the lineup was quite minimal and the small sample size is a bit concerning but likely also means you will get him pretty cheap at the draft table.

my guess is they have had a year to evaluate him and decide if he has what it takes to be a starter.  Hes also had a year to get his pass protections down for the offensive system they are running, so if they do make him the starter, the learning curve wont be what is usually is for a rookie RB.

if they keep Jacobs I'd probably hold off on taking him as anything other than a late round handcuff.   Nobody is gonna replace the leagues rushing leader if he remains on the roster and is healthy.

either way we will soon know what direction the raiders want to take.

thanks for the comments - yes, I managed to stash Zamir at the end of my bench in a keeper league.  if they keep/re-sign Jacobs then I'll likely not protect Zamir at draft time.  If Jacobs goes elsewhere and it looks like the job may fall to Zamir, I may have a valuable keeper.

yes - the lack of use....could be that he wasn't impressive - although the raiders were one of the few teams that really rode their starter with tons of touches

44 minutes ago, cavern said:

thanks for the comments - yes, I managed to stash Zamir at the end of my bench in a keeper league.  if they keep/re-sign Jacobs then I'll likely not protect Zamir at draft time.  If Jacobs goes elsewhere and it looks like the job may fall to Zamir, I may have a valuable keeper.

yes - the lack of use....could be that he wasn't impressive - although the raiders were one of the few teams that really rode their starter with tons of touches

my bet is that the plan was to replace Jacobs all along.   They just didnt count on him being THIS good.

and because they had no plans to keep him, the rode him hard knowing there is no future value for them there.   This allowed Zamir to work on the deficiencies in his game without being under the microscope.

honestly its a nice way to develop a player.  too many young players have their game over analyzed and they become starters before they are truly ready for the role.

so this could easily go either direction.  if the Raiders make no attempt to sign Jacobs, we will then know they think Zamir is the man.

• Like 1

Not a FA or a backup (at least not right now), but that kid Hodgins from the NYG looks like a keeper for next season.  Of course I am a bit biased. 😉

15 hours ago, League Champion said:

I was busting his chops. That was his reply to my last question. I just copied it 

You seem familiar, do I know you from somewhere? 🤔

28 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

You seem familiar, do I know you from somewhere? 🤔

There he is! The only Giants fan that I actually like. Not true, I have several but welcome aboard. It's good to see a familiar face. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

There he is! The only Giants fan that I actually like. Not true, I have several but welcome aboard. It's good to see a familiar face. 

LOL.  I'm still trying to figure out how to upload my NY helmet.  Not sure why it's giving me a hard time.

Happy to be here, let's have some fun!

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

At the end of the day, how about the NFC EAST huh?

Even the Commanders deserve respect. 

5 minutes ago, League Champion said:

No longer the NFC Least 😂

Far from it.

At the start of the season all the talk was about how incredibly competitive the AFC WEST would be, and I bought into it.  Turns out that division fell far short of expectations.  Only KC and LAC made the playoffs, but everybody knew the Chargers were pretenders.

With the Giants turnaround, and Washington only needing a viable QB to get back on the map, the NFC EAST should be formidable for the foreseeable future.

Super impressed by the Giants and quite nervous as an Eagles fan. I said it before, the Giants are red hot and playing with house money. The Eagles are ice cold with everything to lose. I'm not looking forward to this matchup. I'd much rather whip up on Dallas or Minn. 

ive got a comprehensive list compiled of breakout players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

ive got a comprehensive list compiled of breakout players.

cant wait to see them