Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

MLB 2023

Recommended Posts

Royals may not win 60 games

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are our resident Mets fans feeling about the Correa saga?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Royals have some great young talent. Pasqatino might hit 30-35. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think the Royals have some great young talent. Pasqatino might hit 30-35. 

I do too.  A lot of questions with the rotation, and there's just going to be some bumps with a very young team.  New management, new front office and it feels like they are just rolling with what they got and going to evaluate talent this year.  Projected rotation if we started the season today of something like Brady Singer, Jordan Lyles, Daniel Lynch, Kris Bubic and Ryan Yarbrough.

 

:mellow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was Trevor Bauer cancelled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was super optimistic about the BrewCrew last year just cause of the pitching --- they were above average but no where near as dominant as I hoped and they needed.  My optimism for this season is moderate, maybe the pitching rebounds somewhat, but I don't see where they have enough offense.  :(  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team I root for has had the two best players in all of baseball over the last 5 years: their names are Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout. Somehow despite this my team is never good enough to even sniff the postseason. That might change this year but I’m not holding my breath about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I was super optimistic about the BrewCrew last year just cause of the pitching --- they were above average but no where near as dominant as I hoped and they needed.  My optimism for this season is moderate, maybe the pitching rebounds somewhat, but I don't see where they have enough offense.  :(  

How much did they screw themselves just by moving Hader?  I thought they were getting close too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

The team I root for has had the two best players in all of baseball over the last 5 years: their names are Shohei Ohtani and Mike Trout. Somehow despite this my team is never good enough to even sniff the postseason. That might change this year but I’m not holding my breath about it. 

Still a team sport, and not a 2 stud sport. 

Wasn't their pitching pretty trash besides Ohtani? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

How much did they screw themselves just by moving Hader?  I thought they were getting close too. 

That one was a head scratcher. The team imploded immediately after that move. I'll always wonder about that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to figure out why the Red Sox signed Kenly Jansen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Royals may not win 60 games

This was going to happen anyway…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Sox sign Adam Duval.

WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME!!! :banana: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Padres team of the decade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2023 at 5:31 PM, Hardcore troubadour said:

Hard to figure out why the Red Sox signed Kenly Jansen 

You always want to sign the pitcher with the slowest delivery in the major leagues when a pitch clock is coming. 

That is just solid due diligence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edjr said:

Red Sox sign Adam Duval.

WORLD SERIES HERE WE COME!!! :banana: 

Game changer! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love to see the Tigers at least compete.  But they have made no real moves, are still saddled with Cabrera, who wants to play and isn't good anymore.   So it will be another season of blah here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in what would have been a baller move 5 years ago, royals sign aroldis chapman

 

:bench:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see how the Guardians youngsters do this year. If they hit a sophomore slump or continue to improve. Would love one more proven bat, say a Reynolds trade, but the asking price is ridiculous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

in what would have been a baller move 5 years ago, royals sign aroldis chapman

 

:bench:

He’s fat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly touted prospect aldaberto mondesi traded to the red Sox.  Royals rushed him to the majors, handled him poorly and never panned out.  Also dealt with injuries year after year. Maybe the red Sox can figure him out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cmh6476 said:

Highly touted prospect aldaberto mondesi traded to the red Sox.  Royals rushed him to the majors, handled him poorly and never panned out.  Also dealt with injuries year after year. Maybe the red Sox can figure him out. 

Witt to SS? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Witt to SS? 

Mondesi was hurt all last year and was a non factor.   Michael massey is the prospect who should play second this year.   It's whether Nicky Lopez will play short, or Witt.  Witts bat is more valuable if he locks down short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Highly touted prospect aldaberto mondesi traded to the red Sox.  Royals rushed him to the majors, handled him poorly and never panned out.  Also dealt with injuries year after year. Maybe the red Sox can figure him out. 

:lol:  I was wondering how long it would be until you posted something...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

 

Mike Clevinger and Trevor Bauer were close buddies on the Indians. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rIsUxaJlDU

also a woman who accused bauer of assault also mentioned clevinger.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/story/2021-08-17/trevor-bauer-hearing-second-day-fernando-tatis-mike-clevinger

About the time of her first sexual encounter with Bauer, the woman said in a message to her cousin: “Trevor is a wackadoodle like Clev.” That message, and the one mentioning Tatis, were not included in the woman’s request for a restraining order. She reluctantly identified Clev as Clevinger.

The woman, who testified Monday that she was an alcoholic from age 15 to 25 before achieving sobriety in January 2020, said the relationship with Tatis occurred in 2019 when she was still drinking and the relationship with Clevinger occurred in October 2020, after she became sober.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Witt to SS? 

This would help shore it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rays have been a major disappointment down the stretch the last 2 seasons. I’m 2021 it was directly tied to losing Glasnow. Last year it was a lack of offense more than anything. 
 

They have done nothing to address the offense this offseason. If they are banking on Josh Lowe and other prospects… I’m sure Wander will have a better offensive year and a healthy Brandon Lowe will help but it’s still a team in need of run scoring. 
 

on the bright side the duo of Glasnow and McClanahan should be electric with Rasmussen and Springs behind them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2023 at 3:32 PM, cmh6476 said:

How are our resident Mets fans feeling about the Correa saga?

Most of my family are Mets fans and they are my adopted NL team. I think it’s for the best. No need to try and make a team of shortstops like the Padres. I know he would have played 3rd I guess? And it would have been potentially nice but not really needed, imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

The Rays have been a major disappointment down the stretch the last 2 seasons. I’m 2021 it was directly tied to losing Glasnow. Last year it was a lack of offense more than anything. 
 

They have done nothing to address the offense this offseason. If they are banking on Josh Lowe and other prospects… I’m sure Wander will have a better offensive year and a healthy Brandon Lowe will help but it’s still a team in need of run scoring. 
 

on the bright side the duo of Glasnow and McClanahan should be electric with Rasmussen and Springs behind them. 

And now we stole a coach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

And now we stole a coach

Kyle Snyder is our only coach that matters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Kyle Snyder is our only coach that matters

Honestly i don't know if that's true after watching the world series run.  What rusty Kuntz did with the royals outfield defense as a base coach was outstanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Royals aren't even being shy about it.  They are looking to 2024, maybe beyond. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Royals aren't even being shy about it.  They are looking to 2024, maybe beyond. 

 

 

What do you think of Barlow? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×