Sign in to follow this  
LaChup

McVay Future

They don’t lose, everyone gets a blue ribbon, simply no dedication.  

I think he's just pulling a Sean Payton.  For 2023, they're already $10 OVER the cap and $24 OVER for 2024.  The best way to get under the cap AND have money to spend is to not only cut players, but push money down the road.  Odds are, that would entail leaving the 2023 season looking at a roster that's $40M over the cap going into 2024.

I think he should leave, Tampa fire Bowles, then hire McVay.  I bet Brady stays with McVay and his offense.  Tampa will have their OLine healthy next year and be back to a top 3 Line.  Evans, Godwin, Gage, Fournette, & White will still be there along with both Otton and Keift.  They can kick some more of the (money), can down the road with Brady, for 2 more years, win 2 Super Bowls, then suck for a couple after everyone leaves.  Then McVay can build a new team.  Everybody wins.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think he's just pulling a Sean Payton.  For 2023, they're already $10 OVER the cap and $24 OVER for 2024.  The best way to get under the cap AND have money to spend is to not only cut players, but push money down the road.  Odds are, that would entail leaving the 2023 season looking at a roster that's $40M over the cap going into 2024.

I think he should leave, Tampa fire Bowles, then hire McVay.  I bet Brady stays with McVay and his offense.  Tampa will have their OLine healthy next year and be back to a top 3 Line.  Evans, Godwin, Gage, Fournette, & White will still be there along with both Otton and Keift.  They can kick some more of the (money), can down the road with Brady, for 2 more years, win 2 Super Bowls, then suck for a couple after everyone leaves.  Then McVay can build a new team.  Everybody wins.

interesting theory.

I guess we wont know how accurate it is until it happens (or doesnt happen)

Won't the Rams retain his rights if he just leaves, similar to Payton? McVay to Tampa is yet another delusion only a true homer would concoct...

31 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

interesting theory.

I guess we wont know how accurate it is until it happens (or doesnt happen)

Oh, it won't happen.  The Bucs are going to stick with Bowles, because they're stupid.  It was just wishful thinking.

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh, it won't happen.  The Bucs are going to stick with Bowles, because they're stupid.  It was just wishful thinking.

I'm not sure Bowles was that good as a coach.  I do agree.

I think what it comes down to is whether Brady liked him as a coach.  if he likes him, he will stay.  if he doesnt, he likely will go.

Thats not the way it should be but I get the feeling thats how it is.

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm not sure Bowles was that good as a coach.  I do agree.

I think what it comes down to is whether Brady liked him as a coach.  if he likes him, he will stay.  if he doesnt, he likely will go.

Thats not the way it should be but I get the feeling thats how it is.

I think Brady leaves.  I think the Bucs want him to leave too.  He's going to cost the Bucs $35M next year on the cap and $10M the following year.  If they keep him, they're going to have to kick the can further down the road and in 2024, his cap hit might be $45M instead of $10M.

I think we're stuck with Bowles next year.  My guess is that they're not going to draft a QB in April, and run with Trask.  If he's actually developed, they'll be ok... but they won't be good because Bowles will probably still be there.  Even if Trask is great, we've seen that having Brady still isn't enough to overcome the detriment that Bowles brings to the table.  What I don't know is how many 6 to 9 win seasons will it take before the Bucs realize that Bowles is the problem?

27 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I think Brady leaves.  I think the Bucs want him to leave too.  He's going to cost the Bucs $35M next year on the cap and $10M the following year.  If they keep him, they're going to have to kick the can further down the road and in 2024, his cap hit might be $45M instead of $10M.

Well, if the bucs dont think they can win with Brady there is no point in paying him a ton of money to stick around.

that said, they had more than their fair share of injuries this year.   I dont know how much this played a role, but the line was a shadow of its former self so I'm inclined to think thats at least part of the problem they had this year.

He’s not returning to the Rams, he’s going to be on tv.  

On 1/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, Ray_T said:

Well, if the bucs dont think they can win with Brady there is no point in paying him a ton of money to stick around.

that said, they had more than their fair share of injuries this year.   I dont know how much this played a role, but the line was a shadow of its former self so I'm inclined to think thats at least part of the problem they had this year.

If they don't think they can win with Brady, then they're idiots.  The problem is that the virtue signaling for Bowles is going to win out.  I think Brady knows that as well and probably why he'll move on.  I can definitely see him going to a team with a good chance to win and a need at QB.  The thing I don't know about Brady is, how long does he want to play.  If he wants 1 more year, I think San Fran is a great spot for him.  If he wants 2 or more, then the Jets, Giants, Ravens (if they do the right thing and move on from Jackson... then trade for D-Hop), & Raiders, become good options.

They had a ton of OLine injuries and on the defensive side as well, but the bigger problem they have is play calling.  They're too predictable.  They didn't play a single snap this year with their starting center or LG and that really hurt the run game.  What hurt more, is the playbook.  It's terrible.  It's not designed to run.  When you have injuries on the OLine, a terrible playbook, and terrible coaching who don't realize that bringing in an extra blocking TE will help, your offense is going to struggle.  Tom Brady is the reason they won 8 (would've been 9 if they needed that last game), this year.  If he wasn't there, this team wins 2 games, maybe 3.

58 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

If they don't think they can win with Brady, then they're idiots

for the most part I think that is true, but its also situational. 

I think Brady can still play and play well if the situation is right.    the depleted O line with all the injuries was enough to hinder his performance to some degree.

the WR in tampa are best used on long and intermediate routes and Brady often didnt have time to sit in the pocket so those deeper routes (which tend to be slower developing) just dont pan out as often as you would like.

the poor O line essentially turned this into a dink and dunk offense to some degree.

not Bradys fault in my opinion, but you can tell he does not like to play that way.

I heard rumours that the team would like him to move on as well.   and maybe that is a dumb thing, but if that superbowl window is still open even a crack I think they need to go for it as the window likely wont open again for a number of seasons once they move on from Brady.  

At this point I think they need to draft someone for the O line.    Fournette apparently has a lis franc injury.  how serious I dont know, but its a terrible injury for RB's.   potentially career ending.  Especially for such a big guy, I'd imagine there is extra pressure on that part of the foot due to his weight.   But we wont likely know how bad that injury is until after the bucs are out of the playoffs.

so that's at least 2 big holes that need to be filled if Brady goes.  and these are just the ones I can think of on the fly.  I suspect there are other big holes to fill too   so this doesnt have the feel of a team that is going to win once Brady departs.

Surprised he decided already.  My only guess is that if he wants to hire new assistants, there's probably a few on teams like Dallas, Seattle, Jacksonville, Miami, Giants, or Baltimore that he wants to hire.  Figures that if he says he's coming back now, he can get to work on plucking some guys Monday & Tuesday mornings.

I’m glad to see him make a quick decision, it will help give him extra time to replace his assistant coaches.  

On 1/13/2023 at 6:07 PM, weepaws said:

I’m glad to see him make a quick decision, it will help give him extra time to replace his assistant coaches.  

well, if you care about the team, a quick decision should always be the way of things.  if you dawdle you leave your team (and yourself if you stay) in a bad position because you miss out on hirings, signings etc while sitting on the fence.    you cant run a team like that.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

well, if you care about the team, a quick decision should always be the way of things.  if you dawdle you leave your team (and yourself if you stay) in a bad position because you miss out on hirings, signings etc while sitting on the fence.    you cant run a team like that.

Agree. Someone should tell Mr. Aaron Rodgers that. 

On 1/11/2023 at 12:28 AM, LaChup said:

This is how millennials do. They win, lose, then need a break. Legendary work ethic.

LOL.  Broad brush comments like this leave no room whatsoever for open mindedness.  How can you possibly make a blanket statement like this?  Yeah, I know, you were "generalizing", right?

This is how misunderstanding and division get their footholds.

And I don't even like McVay, but it's certainly not because he's a "millennial".

On 1/11/2023 at 12:28 AM, LaChup said:

This is how millennials do. They win, lose, then need a break. Legendary work ethic.

I strongly doubt that has anything to do with it. Have you seen his Wife? I wouldn't want to leave home either. Woooooo! 

5 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

LOL.  Broad brush comments like this leave no room whatsoever for open mindedness.  How can you possibly make a blanket statement like this?  Yeah, I know, you were "generalizing", right?

This is how misunderstanding and division get their footholds.

And I don't even like McVay, but it's certainly not because he's a "millennial".

Why don’t you like him, do you know him personally? 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Why don’t you like him, do you know him personally? 

So, knowing someone "personally" is a requirement for not liking somebody?

C'mon, tell me that you don't get a feeling, or a "vibe" from each and every person you have ever seen in your life, be it personally or from a distance.  We all have our preferences, and when someone doesn't meet our criteria for them, the tendency is to be put off by them, it's instinctual.  Now, that's not to say that we should write people off just based on an initial feeling, but that first instinct is what most of us base our opinions on, if you are being honest with yourself.

I don't need to know him personally to recognize that he reminds me a lot of John Gruden, who I can't stand either.  I don't like his demeanor, and I think he has a high level of arrogance that he tries to disguise with his intensity.  I can't recall the clip of him I that saw last year, but it showed him being (what I believe) to be his "true" self, mocking another team in a very sophomoric and frankly immature way.  It wasn't a good look, and it was something that you can't forget.

But none of my dislike for the guy has to do with what generation he was born into, that's just ridiculous.  With all that said, I didn't say that he was universally unlikable, I just said that I DON'T LIKE HIM.  You are free to like him, hate him, or anything in between.  I'm not saying that you have to agree with me.

7 hours ago, League Champion said:

I strongly doubt that has anything to do with it. Have you seen his Wife? I wouldn't want to leave home either. Woooooo! 

Death by excessive intercourse is the way every man should check out.🤣

48 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

So, knowing someone "personally" is a requirement for not liking somebody?

C'mon, tell me that you don't get a feeling, or a "vibe" from each and every person you have ever seen in your life, be it personally or from a distance.  We all have our preferences, and when someone doesn't meet our criteria for them, the tendency is to be put off by them, it's instinctual.  Now, that's not to say that we should write people off just based on an initial feeling, but that first instinct is what most of us base our opinions on, if you are being honest with yourself.

I don't need to know him personally to recognize that he reminds me a lot of John Gruden, who I can't stand either.  I don't like his demeanor, and I think he has a high level of arrogance that he tries to disguise with his intensity.  I can't recall the clip of him I that saw last year, but it showed him being (what I believe) to be his "true" self, mocking another team in a very sophomoric and frankly immature way.  It wasn't a good look, and it was something that you can't forget.

But none of my dislike for the guy has to do with what generation he was born into, that's just ridiculous.  With all that said, I didn't say that he was universally unlikable, I just said that I DON'T LIKE HIM.  You are free to like him, hate him, or anything in between.  I'm not saying that you have to agree with me.

Yes to your opening statement.  I judge people cause of their actions, things they have done. 

I don’t use a vipe to judge if I like someone, some of my closest friends I probably wouldn’t have a friendship with if I had done that.  

But I was just asking you a question, I wasn’t judging you.  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Yes to your opening statement.  I judge people cause of their actions, things they have done. 

I don’t use a vipe to judge if I like someone, some of my closest friends I probably wouldn’t have a friendship with if I had done that.  

But I was just asking you a question, I wasn’t judging you.  

Thanks. 

I'm not here to bicker with you, but to say that "you were just asking me a question", is a deflection, and has a whiff of passive aggressiveness to it.  Did you REALLY think that I might know McVay personally, or did you ask me that question as a way of making a point? 

If you agree to my opening statement, then we clearly have a difference of opinion.  Knowing someone personally is not a requirement for liking or disliking them, contrary to what you might think.  I'm sure that there are myriad people that you have never met personally, yet you have an opinion about them, one way or another.  You stated that "you judge people based on their actions" (paraphrase).  Well, there are plenty of people out there in public exhibiting all kinds of behaviors, I need not know them personally to form an opinion based on those behaviors.  I can't believe that I even have to explain this.

As for the "vibe" part of this, is a catch all word for the feeling most get when they are sizing somebody up, for better or worse.  We all do it, consciously or otherwise.  Where I do agree with you is when you added that you wouldn't have some close friends if you concluded that your first instinct was the correct one, which I alluded to in my previous post.

Hopefully, this will put this issue to bed.  I think we can move beyond this now, especially since there's really nothing left to be said about it.

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

I'm not here to bicker with you, but to say that "you were just asking me a question", is a deflection, and has a whiff of passive aggressiveness to it.  Did you REALLY think that I might know McVay personally, or did you ask me that question as a way of making a point? 

If you agree to my opening statement, then we clearly have a difference of opinion.  Knowing someone personally is not a requirement for liking or disliking them, contrary to what you might think.  I'm sure that there are myriad people that you have never met personally, yet you have an opinion about them, one way or another.  You stated that "you judge people based on their actions" (paraphrase).  Well, there are plenty of people out there in public exhibiting all kinds of behaviors, I need not know them personally to form an opinion based on those behaviors.  I can't believe that I even have to explain this.

As for the "vibe" part of this, is a catch all word for the feeling most get when they are sizing somebody up, for better or worse.  We all do it, consciously or otherwise.  Where I do agree with you is when you added that you wouldn't have some close friends if you concluded that your first instinct was the correct one, which I alluded to in my previous post.

Hopefully, this will put this issue to bed.  I think we can move beyond this now, especially since there's really nothing left to be said about it.

Thanks.

Nope just asking you a simply question, I know when people pass judgement about someone, like how one feels about that person, is based on them knowing that person, or that person has not something that they don’t like.  Do you like the Gmen coach?

16 hours ago, weepaws said:

Nope just asking you a simply question, I know when people pass judgement about someone, like how one feels about that person, is based on them knowing that person, or that person has not something that they don’t like.  Do you like the Gmen coach?

Please tell me that you don't believe your own Bullchit.

On 1/21/2023 at 4:31 AM, Running With Daboll said:

Looks like some folks here need a foot extraction from their oral region. LOL.

His parents probably agreed to let him stay at home one more season.