Djgb13

Abolish IRS

Won't pass senate or Executive, and shouldn't.  The 87K hires they want to make are over 10 years and mostly to replace retiring workers. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

How should the government be paid for? 

you can probably sustain yourself on your hate-filled loaded questions.  like how you just tried to box iam90sbaby into an anarchist.  rude!

5 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Won't pass senate or Executive, and shouldn't.  The 87K hires they want to make are over 10 years and mostly to replace retiring workers. 

we can replace them with robots.  would save tons of money and probably be way more productive.

3 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

you can probably sustain yourself on your hate-filled loaded questions.  like how you just tried to box iam90sbaby into an anarchist.  rude!

What exactly was “hate-filled” about my question? 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Well if you tell me you want to abolish the IRS then it’s the next logical question isn’t it? Unless one is an anarchist and wants no government at all. 

Tariffs, import tax

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Tariffs, import tax

You want to replace the trillion dollars we collect each year from income taxes with tariffs and import taxes? Is your intent to destroy the economy? 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

What exactly was “hate-filled” about my question? 

all of your posts have hate-filled loaded questions.  im going to do the same to you to show you what its like.

why is it that you seem to LOVE Adolf Hitler so much?  Is a brutual dictatorship really what you want?

i dont believe in conspiracy theories like you do that trump supporters want to ruin the country.  why do nazi leftists like you who want death camps pursue that reasoning?

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You want to replace the trillion dollars we collect each year from income taxes with tariffs and import taxes? Is your intent to destroy the economy? 

when did you stop beating your wife?  i really think beating her like that is inappropriate, dont you think?

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Not sure if you could make up the entire trillion, but you could make up a good chunk of it by charging an import tax for items under $800 from just China alone.

Just now, iam90sbaby said:

Not sure if you could make up the entire trillion, but you could make up a good chunk of it by charging an import tax for items under $800 from just China alone.

Do you believe that China would simply absorb that tax or add it to the price of their products? 

Actually let me ask an even more important question: is your goal a military war with China? Because that would be the likeliest outcome of such a move. 

7 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

look at this.  ANOTHER loaded question from his clown.

have one from me:  why do you want to destroy the country with excessive taxation?  do you want so many to suffer needlessly?

7 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

all of your posts have hate-filled loaded questions.  im going to do the same to you to show you what its like.

why is it that you seem to LOVE Adolf Hitler so much?  Is a brutual dictatorship really what you want?

i dont believe in conspiracy theories like you do that trump supporters want to ruin the country.  why do nazi leftists like you who want death camps pursue that reasoning?

I see. 

When you want to have a serious discussion I’ll be happy to engage with you. But this stuff isn’t worth either of our times. 

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Do you believe that China would simply absorb that tax or add it to the price of their products? 

Actually let me ask an even more important question: is your goal a military war with China? Because that would be the likeliest outcome of such a move. 

I don't think you have that correct, pretty sure that tariffs and Import taxes are paid by the importer, (IE-that would be US companies/customers, not China)

ETA: I'm wrong, Import tax paid by other countries.. 

19 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

ahh yes most businesses hire people for potential retires

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Just raise the debt ceiling. I already explained this to you.

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

how do states like Texas, Florida, Oregon, Nevada get by without income tax?

mean while California is 35 billion in debt, yet has the highest income tax in the nation

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

mean while California is 35 billion in debt, yet has the highest income tax in the nation

They get you with property tax and toll roads in Florida. I'd rather have no property tax and get taxed on my income.

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

ahh yes most businesses hire people for potential retires

NYT

The 87,000 figure refers to a May 2021 estimate from the Treasury Department of the total number of employees — not just auditors — the I.R.S. proposes to hire over the next 10 years with funding requested by Mr. Biden. And while the I.R.S. plans to conduct more audits, wealthy Americans and businesses will bear the brunt of that scrutiny, not, as Republicans have suggested, working families.

Among the I.R.S.’s work force of about 79,000 employees, 10,000 are actually agents. (Of those, 8,000 are revenue agents who audit tax filings and 2,000 are special agents who investigate potential tax crimes.) In fact, the two most common I.R.S. jobs have little to do with tax auditing or investigations: about 13,000 are customer service representatives who answer taxpayer phone calls and 10,000 are seasonal employees who file mail or transcribe data. Other jobs include lawyers, examiners, technicians and appeals officers.

The additional funding for to the I.R.S. will allow the agency to modernize its infrastructure and replace an aging work force, and it is unclear just how many full-time employees or agents will be hired in the next decade, Treasury Department officials said. The majority of those new employees will replace the 52,000 expected to retire in the near future, the officials said, and many will focus on customer service and updating the agency’s technology infrastructure — not investigating the finances of ordinary Americans.

lets step away from tim's loaded questions and take a more serious look at this.

tax rates are actually a global phenomenon.  most nations need to maintain tax rates that are fairly close to each other.  if a nations tax rate is too high, they risk capital uprooting and moving elsewhere.  in fact, this helps cause a general pressure to lower tax rates over time.  taxes globally have fallen.

https://www.imf.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/tax.png

long term, this may cause nations to set aside differences and merge into an economic union to maintain their government systems.  The EU is an example, where tiny nations in Europe can see the writing on the wall and seek to unite their economy with others in Europe to protect against the natural decline of tax rates. 

5 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

you live where the most economic opportunity is.  if you make a lot of money and just rent and dont have a car, florida looks incredible.  if you want / need a mansion, maybe go to South Carolina.

Over time, as tax rates fall and debt rises, it may push the US, Canada and the Eu to all merge their economies to cover costs, which brings the world closer together and further encourages everyone to set aside their differences. 

14 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I see. 

When you want to have a serious discussion I’ll be happy to engage with you. But this stuff isn’t worth either of our times. 

when you are ready to have a serious discussion and drop all of these loaded questions you deploy all day, let me know.

and why is that you seek to punish the poor and needy with excessive tax rates?  isnt that foolish?

27 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah. Higher sales tax on luxury items as well which can go to the states so they can take care of themselves and we can make the federal government much smaller and pay them less. 

Then we can stop sending so much focking money to special interest groups in this country and stop sending billions and billions to corrupt countries to help them fight wars, etc. 

37 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Consumption tax aka sales tax.  The best tax if the fock chop politicians don't allow a bunch of exemptions.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

NYT

The 87,000 figure refers to a May 2021 estimate from the Treasury Department of the total number of employees — not just auditors — the I.R.S. proposes to hire over the next 10 years with funding requested by Mr. Biden. And while the I.R.S. plans to conduct more audits, wealthy Americans and businesses will bear the brunt of that scrutiny, not, as Republicans have suggested, working families.

Among the I.R.S.’s work force of about 79,000 employees, 10,000 are actually agents. (Of those, 8,000 are revenue agents who audit tax filings and 2,000 are special agents who investigate potential tax crimes.) In fact, the two most common I.R.S. jobs have little to do with tax auditing or investigations: about 13,000 are customer service representatives who answer taxpayer phone calls and 10,000 are seasonal employees who file mail or transcribe data. Other jobs include lawyers, examiners, technicians and appeals officers.

The additional funding for to the I.R.S. will allow the agency to modernize its infrastructure and replace an aging work force, and it is unclear just how many full-time employees or agents will be hired in the next decade, Treasury Department officials said. The majority of those new employees will replace the 52,000 expected to retire in the near future, the officials said, and many will focus on customer service and updating the agency’s technology infrastructure — not investigating the finances of ordinary Americans.

Why would you need funding for additional agents to backfill a position?

The devil will be in the details.  Even now I hear lobbyists and lawyers warming up their 12 cylinder, 780 horsepower bullshit machines to provide politicians  "common sense" rationales why some favored groups should recieve exemptions or rebates.  When power comes from redistribution of wealth the power to redistibute wealth will not be relinquished to some objective, automatic, exception-free system.  No way. 

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

Consumption tax aka sales tax.  The best tax if the fock chop politicians don't allow a bunch of exemptions.

Isn't this challenging as more and more commerce goes online?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Isn't this challenging as more and more commerce goes online?

No.  South Dakota v Wayfair eliminated the physical presence standard.  Most online retailers are charging sales tax.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

No.  South Dakota v Wayfair eliminated the physical presence standard.  Most online retailers are charging sales tax.

Yep.  And CO just started imposing a 27 cent fee  on every package delivered from online, in addition to sales tax.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

I see. 

Well, there is truth in what he says. When I was saying that immigration was out of control you asked me why I hate those people.  If you don’t like it stop doing it. Until then Justin is entitled to play the same game you do. 

42 minutes ago, Bert said:

Agree. Everyone contributes. 

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

we can replace them with robots.  would save tons of money and probably be way more productive.

Beep boop beep boop IRS bot activated 0011010100111010010001 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Keep drinking the Koolaid 

1 hour ago, Strike said:

Why would you need funding for additional agents to backfill a position?

One article I read said that it wasn't just to replace but to also fill needed staffing as they are understaffed by quite a bit.  In addition, for the agents that do the auditing it said it can take up to two years training, so I'm guessing that the IRS wants overlap between the new and old employees.