Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

Looking Ahead to Redrafts 2023: First Four Rounds

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Yea I wasn’t criticizing the OP picks, I was posting thoughts about them, it’s what the OP asked for.  Come April I’ll post my top 12 Rbs and WRs like I always do.  

my point is that lots of people come out and crap on everyones predictions and wont put out their own.

I feel if someone is gonna do that they should put out their own set of prediction so others can return the favour.

so while there are some people (for example) who dont like Axe Elf but he at least puts his money where his mouth is and lays out his picks and posts his draft results.   love him or hate him, you gotta at least respect the fact he puts info out there for us all to look at, analyze and pick apart.  

thats not an endorsement of his methods or draft strategy but more a respect for the fact he is actually willing to put real info out there about his actual drafts.   some here wont even make a call on any one player let alone post a list or a result of a draft they were in.  they just troll everyone and dont really help any of us with our analysis.

I will sometimes criticize some items on a draft list, but I also put out a lot of my own predictions out here.  some of which have been good, some not but I always explain why I think a prediction is off or why it is good.

for me, this year was a mixed bag.  I had some great predictions (Jacobs)  and some bad ones (I said Mahomes would not be a top 3 QB without Tyreek.  I was wrong about that)   and some that were correct but not to the point where they were major draft changers.

and some of those predictions I took some heat for (not many agreed with me on Jacobs) 

but that is what this forum is for.   ideally we all learn from each other and become better fantasy footballers as a result.

anyhow I've said enough.   

cheers guys

CEH was a first round pick and is under contract for four years so he's with the Chiefs in 2023-24 season.

46 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

CEH was a first round pick and is under contract for four years so he's with the Chiefs in 2023-24 season.

That's an hour long interview so I wouldn't expect anyone to watch the whole thing.   Third chapter around 40:00, some sense clyde will get traded prior to the start of next season. 

On 1/12/2023 at 6:26 PM, weepaws said:

I don’t have Etienne in my top 8 in non ppr.  

im curious as to why.

Etienne didn't really do much as a receiver. He has the capability for sure, but it's not like he was some amazing PPR back in 2022. He did quite well as a traditional rusher. 1100 yards 5 TDs with 5 100 yard games and he was rested in their blowout of Houston. He is young and in a rising, dynamic offense. 

Right now he is a RB I would have ranked similarly in PPR and non PPR simply because he is a good pass catcher but already proved it's not the key to his production. 

I’m looking at non ppr and I don’t see him in the rb1 range with his stats, he’s not even close to top 8.  

He might be ranked as a rb1 , but he’s not going to be one of my top 8.   I’d rather draft N Harris next season over him. 

On 1/17/2023 at 12:13 PM, League Champion said:

Where does everyone see Bijan going? He has to be considered early 

Yes... if he goes to Eagles/Bills/Ravens he's going 2nd round.  

On 1/16/2023 at 4:24 PM, weepaws said:

Just speaking about Rbs , and you being the KC guru, where you rank him half ppr, top 12, top 24?  

Only asking to get your feed back.  

RB30  

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

RB30  

14 team half ppr? 

Yes, slightly higher in that format..... I am not a big fan of Pacheco compared to most FF fans (and kc fans).  He is a serviceable nfl back in a top 3 nfl offense.  He does not catch passes so better in 1/2 pt and non-ppr.  My issue with him is his "eye test" is much better than the reality of his metrics / efficiency.  I just think he is overrated.  His movements pop off the screen but is he really forcing missed tackles or breaking tackles at any significant rate above league average?  No.  Is he great value for a 7th rd pick?  Yes.   People saying Clyde will be traded....Ok, for what?  Veach have a history of trading underperforming former high round picks in their last year of rookie deal?  Nope.  What are they going to get for CEH that would make him worth trading?  Not much so why do it when you can just leave him on the roster for one more year with limited cap consequences.  Maybe McKinnon is resigned.  KC had Darrell Williams previously in the McKinnon role and before him it was Damien.  KC will have another McKinnon even if its not Jerrick next year.  Lots can change from here on out but as of now, I'm not comfortable taking Pacheco in any league where I can start 3 RBs unless he is my 4th RB I'm drafting (14 team then yeah I'd be fine with him as RB3)  I'm sure most would argue that but thats just me.  I will sleep perfectly fine even if he is a top 10 RB next year.  

His  last eight games he avg 11 half ppr points per game. That avg would make him a low rb2 in a 14 team league.  

He’s going to be an interesting one to rank.  

On 1/21/2023 at 11:19 AM, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Yes, slightly higher in that format..... I am not a big fan of Pacheco compared to most FF fans (and kc fans).  He is a serviceable nfl back in a top 3 nfl offense.  He does not catch passes so better in 1/2 pt and non-ppr.  My issue with him is his "eye test" is much better than the reality of his metrics / efficiency.  I just think he is overrated.  His movements pop off the screen but is he really forcing missed tackles or breaking tackles at any significant rate above league average?  No.  Is he great value for a 7th rd pick?  Yes.   People saying Clyde will be traded....Ok, for what?  Veach have a history of trading underperforming former high round picks in their last year of rookie deal?  Nope.  What are they going to get for CEH that would make him worth trading?  Not much so why do it when you can just leave him on the roster for one more year with limited cap consequences.  Maybe McKinnon is resigned.  KC had Darrell Williams previously in the McKinnon role and before him it was Damien.  KC will have another McKinnon even if its not Jerrick next year.  Lots can change from here on out but as of now, I'm not comfortable taking Pacheco in any league where I can start 3 RBs unless he is my 4th RB I'm drafting (14 team then yeah I'd be fine with him as RB3)  I'm sure most would argue that but thats just me.  I will sleep perfectly fine even if he is a top 10 RB next year.  

Paragraphs are everyone's friend.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:37 AM, cmh6476 said:

That's an hour long interview so I wouldn't expect anyone to watch the whole thing.   Third chapter around 40:00, some sense clyde will get traded prior to the start of next season. 

Traded for what?

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

Traded for what?

As a favor, to give him an opportunity with someone else?

Trade a player for a favor, mmm.