Hawkeye21

BLM co-founder's cousin dead after being detained by police.

Don't commit felony hit and runs the  take off while police are getting things sorted out.  Seems simple for most of us who don't think we are above the law.  

Didn't see video but looks like at least one black officer involved.   That is a good thing for local businesses.   But I would still be on edge.  

Oh god.  Here we go.  Board up the city. Hide your girlfriends and wives man.   Gonna get ugly

I read about this yesterday.  Yes, it sounds like this guy committed hit and run and then was combative with police.  BUT.......the police MAY have tased him repeatedly AFTER he was on his belly and no longer a threat.  If that's the case, they went too far and should be held accountable. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

I read about this yesterday.  Yes, it sounds like this guy committed hit and run and then was combative with police.  BUT.......the police MAY have tased him repeatedly AFTER he was on his belly and no longer a threat.  If that's the case, they went too far and should be held accountable. 

agreed.  Part of the video is posted here.  Keenan Anderson dies after being tased by L.A. police | CTV News

The video cuts off before the tasing, so its hard to say if it was needed.  Seems like they had the manpower on scene to control him, but he was clearly pushing the limits. 

Criminals need more rights and privileges.  Criminals need to feel safe when committing crimes.  That should be the goal.  

• Haha 5

I am already making my looting list....  :banana:

It's incredible how many people think that this was a crime committed by the police.  The comments are ridiculous.  The cop tried to handle the situation very calmly and that idiot wouldn't sit his ass still.  I don't know what they think the cops should have done instead.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's incredible how many people think that this was a crime committed by the police.  The comments are ridiculous.  The cop tried to handle the situation very calmly and that idiot wouldn't sit his ass still.  I don't know what they think the cops should have done instead.

They don't care about being right. They're unaccountable and blame everything on systemic racism and never themselves. 

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Are you serious? 

They are supposed to tackle him then ask him if he is going to cooperate and then get off him.  If he runs, then protocol should be to chase him again until you catch up to him to ask him if he will cooperate this time.  Then if he runs again you just keep doing it until someone gets too tired.  

Cops don't give people who commit crimes enough chances.  They need to be way more patient with these fine individuals.  When they are ready to be processed they will let you know.  Until then cops need to relax.  

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It’s also incredible how many people automatically side with the police in these situations. This knee jerk assumption that the police are never wrong is a big part of the problem. 

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Black Criminals need more rights and privileges.  Black Criminals need to feel safe when committing crimes.  That should be the goal.  

FIFY.

They don't care about the white criminals.  That's not an electable talking point.

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It’s also incredible how many people automatically side with the police in these situations. This knee jerk assumption that the police are never wrong is a big part of the problem. 

I haven't seen that with this situation.  If you watch the video it's pretty clear this is 100% on the suspect.

10 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Not saying the police committed a crime, but they might have.  This is why I have advoacated for body cameras for ALL police officers for years.  It not only protects the citizens from police malfeasance but it protects the police from false claims.  The LAPD, given their resources and history of wrongdoing, should definitely have cameras on all their officers.  Hopefully that was the case here so the truth can come out.  To act like police never overstep their bounds is wrong just as much as always believing  the police were in the wrong. 

Liberals...

Giving the benefit of the doubt to a trained professional doing their job over the person committing a crime, is a problem.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't seen that with this situation.  If you watch the video it's pretty clear this is 100% on the suspect.

Obviously it’s not clear to everybody, or this wouldn’t be a story. 

But you may be right. I try to have a wait and see approach. Oftentimes the police acted correctly in these situations. But sometimes they don’t. What bothers me is how quickly everyone is eager to jump into their various corners. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Not saying the police committed a crime, but they might have.  This is why I have advoacated for body cameras for ALL police officers for years.  It not only protects the citizens from police malfeasance but it protects the police from false claims.  The LAPD, given their resources and history of wrongdoing, should definitely have cameras on all their officers.  Hopefully that was the case here so the truth can come out.  To act like police never overstep their bounds is wrong just as much as always believing  the police were in the wrong. 

Wow. Not that you care I’m sure, but I give you a lot of credit for your thoughtful and well-reasoned approach to this issue. I can’t fault a single thing you’ve written here. 

Just now, Ultra Max Power said:

agreed.  Part of the video is posted here.  Keenan Anderson dies after being tased by L.A. police | CTV News

The video cuts off before the tasing, so its hard to say if it was needed.  Seems like they had the manpower on scene to control him, but he was clearly pushing the limits. 

At least he's polite while failing to comply and constantly doing the exact opposite of what the police ask him to. He's knee deep in the fake movement, maybe this the new way BLM trains their criminals to cause a scene and make a spectacle of themselves when resisting arrest now.

"Do whatever you want and go where you want to go but be polite and say nice things to the cops while you ignore them and call for help if they touch you." ~BLM Arrest Advice 2023 edition

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

I am totally pro cop and understand how hard that job is to deal with crappy people each day.  Make split second choices.  And put your life on the line in bigger cities.   

But I don't think anyone says all cops are good and never do wrong.  There are bad cops just like there are quack doctors.  Or pedo teachers.  Or scumbag preists.  Or shady contractors. 

The sheer number of officers across America.  The number of interactions with criminals.  And we see this how often? People have no concept of numbers.  

This guy felony hit and run do he obviously gives no focks about regular people in the street.  Takes off.  Resists non stop.  And the police are expected to treat him with kid gloves.  I mean holy hell, what an impossible job.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

This guy felony hit and run do he obviously gives no focks about regular people in the street.  Takes off.  Resists non stop.  And the police are expected to treat him with kid gloves.  I mean holy hell, what an impossible job.  

I never said they're supposed to treat him with kid gloves.  The report I read yesterday suggested that they had subdued him and had him under control, and then repeatedly tased him for no reason.  If that's the case, and it's determined he died as a result of being tased for no reason, those cops should be held accountable.   Up until the point where they had him under control I have no issues with them beating the living sh*t out of him.  But I only read one report, and it was pretty early in the reporting on this incident.  If my understanding of the situation is incorrect I'm open to reevaluating.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Strike said:

To act like police never overstep their bounds is wrong just as much as always believing  the police were in the wrong. 

There are plenty of times where the police are wrong, I don't think this is one of them.

36 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I side with police when the other side is a flat our criminal bad guy. George Floyd was on drugs and fighting cops and he previously held a gun to the stomach of a pregnant woman. He couldn't be dead quick enough as far as I'm concerned.

39 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

have we found out if he was on his way to college?

Aspiring Rapper University 

44 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I hope we get to see a picture of him in his middle school football uniform....

45 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Supposedly he was a high school English teacher.  I'd need verification considering the grifting ways of others in his family but it's certainly possible he was an actually educated POC who also happened to be a drug addict.  White people do that so I'm not going to discriminate and say black people can't be educated and drug addicted.

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Are you really being serious?

5 minutes ago, Strike said:

Supposedly he was a high school English teacher.  I'd need verification considering the grifting ways of others in his family but it's certainly possible he was an actually educated POC who also happened to be a drug addict.  White people do that so I'm not going to discriminate and say black people can't be educated and drug addicted.

Being a teacher isn't what it used to be.  I'm guessing, if the teacher thing is true, at best a substitute but more likely an unqualified babysitter as some SD's do not require a certificate to be a "teacher".

Here is an excerpt from the "School"

In Memory of Keenan Anderson

KeenanAnderson.png

We are deeply saddened by the death of Mr. Keenan Anderson, a 10th grade English teacher at Digital Pioneers Academy. Keenan’s passing occurred while he was home visiting family in Los Angeles, California over winter break.  

The details of his death are as disturbing as they are tragic. He suffered cardiac arrest after being forcibly restrained and repeatedly tased by police following a traffic accident. Keenan is the third person killed by the Los Angeles Police Department in 2023, and we’re 12 days into the new year.

Keep fanning the flames!!

On January 3, 2023, at around 3:38 p.m., a West Traffic Division motor officer was flagged down for a traffic collision in the area of Venice Boulevard and Lincoln Boulevard in Pacific Area. He observed a male, later identified as Keenan Anderson, running in the middle of the street and exhibiting erratic behavior. Several citizens involved in the traffic collision motioned to Anderson, indicating that he caused the accident. The officer contacted Anderson, verbalized with him, and requested additional units for a DUI investigation. Anderson initially followed the officer’s commands and sat at the northeast corner of Venice and Lincoln Boulevard for several minutes as the officer spoke with him.

As additional units arrived at scene, Anderson suddenly attempted to flee the location. Officers gave chase as Anderson ran eastbound in the middle of the street on Venice Boulevard. As officers contacted Anderson, he began to resist, resulting in a use of force. Officers struggled with Anderson for several minutes, utilizing a TASER, bodyweight, firm grips, and joint locks to overcome his resistance.

Anderson was subsequently handcuffed and hobbled at the ankles. Shortly after Anderson was taken into custody, Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) personnel responded to the scene and rendered medical aid for deployment of the TASER. Anderson was transported via a rescue ambulance (RA) to a local hospital in the City of Santa Monica. While at the hospital, Anderson went into cardiac arrest and was pronounced deceased.

The dude did not die because of excessive tasering by police.  Here we go again with the "THEIR TRUTH" crap.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

100%.  

When will people learn that if you don't commit crimes this will not happen.