kozmiq

Wild Card weekend predictions

SEA (+9.5) 13 @ SF 27  .. 49ers cover and under total points (42.5)

LAC (-2) 28 @ JAX 20 .. Chargers cover and over total points (47)

MIA (+12.5) 16 @ BUF 30 .. Bills cover and over total points (43.5)

NYG (+3) 17 @ MIN 22 .. Vikings cover and under total points (48)

BAL (+7.5) 16 @ CIN 28 .. Bengals cover and over total points (41)

DAL (-2.5) 28 @ TB 31 .. Cows don't cover and over total points (45.5) 

* possible changes prior to kickoffs *

DAL has been on a downward spiral since the MIN game...... T. Smith at RG has been a failure and Biadasz at C is banged up - Michah has clearly been injured for weeks now, nobody will say with what, not been the same - DAL is decimated at CB, even brought in 32 year old X. Rhodes, who will see action - Dak is on 7 game or so INT run, will turn it over at least once - DAL has never beaten Brady............ No reason, or expectation to win in TB - especially with K. Moore's affinity for 2nd and 3rd and long situations. And if it comes down to McCarthy having to manage a clock, Jerry can start his European vacation Tuesday. 

TB 20, DAL 13

49ers and covers easily.

Jags win.

Bills win and cover easily.

Giants upset Vikes.

Bengals win and cover.

Cowboys win and cover.

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

49ers and covers easily.

Jags win.

Giants upset Vikes.

Bengals win and cover.

Cowboys win and cover.

Copy and paste, except TB beats DAL

4 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

Copy and paste, except TB beats DAL

Any NFC upset is good for me. :thumbsup: 

I was considering giving a prize to anyone that beat me with their picks .. but not enough replies.  Sorry.

8 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

I was considering giving a prize to anyone that beat me with their picks .. but not enough replies.  Sorry.

Oh well.

WC weekend

49ers
chargers
bills
giants
bengals
cowboys

divisional weekend

chargers
bills
eagles
49ers

conference

bills
49ers

sb

49ers

23 hours ago, MDC said:

49ers and covers easily.

Jags win.

Giants upset Vikes.

Bengals win and cover.

Cowboys win and cover.

Same exact prediction 

Just now, JustinCharge said:

WC weekend

49ers
chargers
bills
giants
bengals
cowboys

divisional weekend

chargers
bills
eagles
49ers

conference

bills
49ers

sb

49ers

What formula did you use to get to that result ?

general rule is if there is ever a talented team everyone is crapping on, pick them because they know its happening and will circle the wagons.  thats the chargers.  ironally, by everyone calling them out, they will now play WAY above their heads and get super focused until people shut up.  its just human nature. not to mention theyve won 4 of 5 and are rolling.

On 1/13/2023 at 10:48 AM, Cruzer said:

DAL has been on a downward spiral since the MIN game...... T. Smith at RG has been a failure and Biadasz at C is banged up - Michah has clearly been injured for weeks now, nobody will say with what, not been the same - DAL is decimated at CB, even brought in 32 year old X. Rhodes, who will see action - Dak is on 7 game or so INT run, will turn it over at least once - DAL has never beaten Brady............ No reason, or expectation to win in TB - especially with K. Moore's affinity for 2nd and 3rd and long situations. And if it comes down to McCarthy having to manage a clock, Jerry can start his European vacation Tuesday. 

TB 20, DAL 13

or.....

they click again and overcome

I'd still put my money on Tampa

11 hours ago, kozmiq said:

SEA (+9.5) @ SF

LAC (-2)  @ JAC

MIA (+12.5)  @ BUF

NYG (+3)  @ MIN

BAL (+7.5)  @ CIN 

DAL (-2.5) @ TB

Seattle sucks and won't keep it within 9.5. Take SF in a cakewalk

Chargers > Jags

Buffalo wins but that's a helluva lot of points to cover. Miami should stay in the game and the points.

Minnesota is fake. NYG aren't that great themselves but they can expose the Vikings

7.5 is too much. I'll take Baltimore.

Take Dallas to cover. I don't engage in the hate aimed at them and being gifted a playoff berth by winning the NFC South isn't a real accomplishment.

49ers, Chargers, Dolphins, NYGiants, Ravens, Cowboys

12 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

What formula did you use to get to that result ?

well, always look for a top defense and excellent QB play.  49ers have it.

Are people believing Cowboys are a dumpster fire? Overrating the Bucs? Still scared of Tom Brady in big games? Or is it a combo of all 3?

Edit: As I scrolled further looks like we have an even mix of Dal and TB picks.  TB does seem like the trendy pick here.  Perhaps because of Cowboys ugly game last week.  Bucs have been the definition of MEH

34 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

general rule is if there is ever a talented team everyone is crapping on, pick them because they know its happening and will circle the wagons.  thats the chargers.  ironally, by everyone calling them out, they will now play WAY above their heads and get super focused until people shut up.  its just human nature. not to mention theyve won 4 of 5 and are rolling.

The Jags have won 5 in a row, have home field and they’re much better coached. They also kicked the chit out of LA last time they met.

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

The Jags have won 5 in a row, have home field and they’re much better coached. They also kicked the chit out of LA last time they met.

as i said, disrepect for the chargers.  theyve been having to sit there and take disrespect for 2 years.  now they are finally in the playoffs and can do something about it.

1 minute ago, JustinCharge said:

as i said, disrepect for the chargers.  theyve been having to sit there and take disrespect for 2 years.  now they are finally in the playoffs and can do something about it.

I mean people have been saying the chargers have one of the most talented rosters going on close to 20 years now.  That is their MO.   Very talented on paper.   Limited results.  After a while people lose faith.

57 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

Based on recent history, the Chargers get way more respect than they actually deserve..

54 minutes ago, MDC said:

Based on recent history, the Chargers get way more respect than they actually deserve..

100%

not saying the Chargers lose today but since Rivers took over and Gates, LT, Vincent Jackson, Gordon, Ekeler, Allen, Herbert, Mike Williams  just to name some offensive standouts off the top of my head, they have seemingly underachieved by a lot in comparison to yearly expectations. 

Just now, Voltaire said:

Seattle sucks and won't keep it within 9.5. Take SF in a cakewalk

already 10 pt lead after two drives each.

Just now, Voltaire said:

already 10 pt lead after two drives each.

Nice drive by Seattle there just after I'd written them off. Still lots of game to be played.

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

100%

not saying the Chargers lose today but since Rivers took over and Gates, LT, Vincent Jackson, Gordon, Ekeler, Allen, Herbert, Mike Williams  just to name some offensive standouts off the top of my head, they have seemingly underachieved by a lot in comparison to yearly expectations. 

injuries.  but they are pretty healthy now.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:56 PM, MDC said:

Probably in the 1st quarter.

7 hours ago, MDC said:

Come again?

16 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Come again?

It’s looking grim for JVille. The Decade starts now.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

There was a bad no call on a hold when it was 7-0 on 4th down but they should have kicked the field goal. Could have changed the entire game. After that, Lawrence was shook 

29 minutes ago, MDC said:

:D  I came here to say that the Chargers look like the team of the decade.  Also did anyone draft Asante Samuel as a WR?  🤪

It’s nice to be able to run the ball with a 4 score lead. The chargers couldn’t. 

4 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

injuries.  but they are pretty healthy now.

They must be feeling sick now.

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s nice to be able to run the ball with a 4 score lead. The chargers couldn’t. 

i was about to post that. absolutely bricked on the ground.  

im not sure which season ending loss was worse.  the loss to the Raiders last year or this loss at the Jaguars.

Just now, JustinCharge said:

im not sure which season ending loss was worse.  the loss to the Raiders last year or this loss at the Jaguars.

We’ve all been there. Sports can be brutal.