Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Do you like Sierra mist?

Pepsi is getting rid of it. Bringing in some other soda to compete with sprite. I think it's called scurvy?

I do not like any soda outside of maybe a coke or mountain dew once or twice a year while on the boat. Even then....

Back in my early twenties i probably had the equivalent of 3 cans of soda every day, but now it is way too sweet.

I previously had no preference between sierra mist, seven up, or sprite though. All taste practically the same.

https://www.businessinsider.com/pepsi-launches-starry-replaces-sierra-mist-sprite-soda-2023-1

PepsiCo is replacing Sierra Mist with a new lemon-lime soda — Starry. 

Starry — caffeine-free and available in regular and zero-sugar varieties — has "higher citrus flavors that are true to fruit and more aromatic which delivers a more balanced, cleaner, crisp finish than Sierra Mist," a spokesperson told Insider. 

According to PepsiCo, Starry was developed in response to growing national demand for lemon-lime soda, and as a fresh attempt to compete with Sprite, the Coca-Cola Company-owned brand that has long led the category.

"With Starry, we were able to create a game-changing recipe with the perfect balance of lemon lime flavor and sweetness compared to the competition," Danielle Barbaro, vice president of R&D at PepsiCo Beverages North America, said in a statement.