Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Wildcard Weekend: Cowboys at Buccaneers

No ff left to be played, so who cares.  

Inactives

Cowboys: QB Will Grier, LB Jabril Cox, WR Jalen Tolbert, CB Nahshon Wright, CB Trayvon Mullen, DT Neville Gallimore, DT Quinton Bohanna

Buccaneers: QB Kyle Trask, TE Kyle Rudolph, WR Breshad Perriman, G Nick Leverett, S Keanu Neal

I'm not betting on this game, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa took this game down.  Dak has been turnover probe the last two months and that could be the difference.

Looks like Brady is going to do that thing he likes to do this year and throw a bunch of high passes to start the game.  

Sample size of one.

If that wasn't Geo Bernard on that punt coverage tackle, he could've just picked him up and ran through the back of the end zone into the tunnel.

I get it wouldn't mean anything, but it would be funny.

Cam needs to get in better shape.  Turning that AT&T sign around three times shouldn't have him that tired.  

1 minute ago, Showboat said:

After fireworks all weekend, maybe it ends with a 6-3 defensive battle.

Good god I hope not. 

Vita Vea looks even bigger now.   I don't know how a dude that big can possibly split a double team.  Blockers damn near need to be on opposite hash marks just for him to have enough room to get through.

That was a weird defensive play on 2nd and 8 for the cowboys.  Parsons crashes down and Van Der Esch somehow immediately knows to cut across and fill in behind Parsons. 

I don't know if that was by design or if he read the play extremely fast.  When I saw Parsons crash down and Fournette bounce outside, I thought it was going to be a big gain.  Then I was like, "where the hell did he come from?"

He must've been keying on Fournette so he was just shadowing him.

If the bucs plan is to ride Rachaad White to glory, they need a new plan.

White looked like he hurt something on that run when he tried to run over that safety.  I suspect he'll shake it off and be back.

Brady saw Parsons run at him full speed and crapped his pants.  Ran over the back trying to cut him, and Brady one-hopped it to the tightend.

Trayvon Diggs always so allergic to tackling?  I never remembered him being that soft.

Okay.  Two pump fakes for Brady then shovels it to Godwin, but damn.  I was surprised Godwin got up from that hit by Donovan Wilson.

I guess the takeaway of that Apple commercial is the phone has a great camera that stabilizes the video, but I have two other takeaways.

1. What kind of jerk starts sprinting down a sideline of a race where people are stacked up watching just to get a video of their kid running?  
  2. How slow is this kid that his mom who is easily over two bills is matching his speed while essentially side stepping and running over people not even watching where she's going?

I'm a little disappointed I didn't see that pick coming after they kept hammering that graphic and talking about it for 2 straight plays.  I was too distracted by that damn commercial with the fat lady running over people like a jackhole.

I missed the Cowboys first half bet.  I've been watching the bucs start terribly all year, and somehow it didn't register to bet the cowboys first half.

I don't get these false start rules.  I watch these lineman rear up and call out blocking assignments.  On that play near the goalline where Dallas decided to put Dak in harms way as a lead blocker for Pollard that ended in a holding call, the right guard (#70) was bobbing his butt around and has been doing that fairly consistently all games, but then some guy picks his head up other times and it's a false start. 

I'm sure it keys off when they're set, but it's so unclear when that is.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Brady pick just to see him throw a tantrum.

Fournette first down.  Number 17 for the Bucs running towards the line of scrimmage at the snap.  No call for illegal motion.

Seems like no rhyme or reason to when they make these calls.

Brady starting the tantrum.  I think he wanted Otton to square that off due to the pressure.

That 1st down play is a good example of why I can't stand CeeDee Lamb.  Buck identifies Lamb in motion.  I start watching him as the ball is snapped.  He loafs about 4 steps.  I just hate the way he takes plays off when he's not getting the ball.  He does it all the time.