Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

Dynasty 1.2 - Where to go

Hello everyone,

I have 1.2 in an upcoming Dynasty Draft. I could equally use a QB or RB. I'm assuming that Bijan goes 1.1 but who would be the consensus #2 overall? I'm torn between the 2 QBs. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks 

League Champion gets the 2nd pick? :mellow:

sorry i'm not answering the question you asked, but leagues really do rookie drafts before the nfl draft takes place?  wow, that really requires some research!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cavern said:

sorry i'm not answering the question you asked, but leagues really do rookie drafts before the nfl draft takes place?  wow, that really requires some research!

Why bother if you're just going to be an A-Hole? Don't reply at all next time. 

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Why bother if you're just going to be an A-Hole? Don't reply at all next time. 

was genuinely curious, didn't mean to be an ahole, but i'll just never read another post of yours

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, cavern said:

was genuinely curious, didn't mean to be an ahole, but i'll just never read another post of yours

Good, go away please. Thank you 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

I should emphasize, this is a Superflex league. 

if this is a superflex league, you probably wanna take a QB.

QB's values are way high in this format and if you have access to a QB you think will be above average or better, you take it every time unless you think there is a hall of fame calibre RB to be had.  Even then......  RB's dont generally have the same usage they once did so I still think the QB is probably the call to make.

In a superflex league I would go Qb , and I would take the best one.  

But the question cavern asked is a valid one.

It’s hard to gauge who should be slotted where until after the NFL draft.  A better QB might be going to a horrible situation…bad OL, very few weapons.  Or a situation where the team wants him to sit for a year to learn behind a vet.

If the 2nd or 3rd best QB is going to a much better situation, that could bump their fantasy draft stock up.

17 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

If the 2nd or 3rd best QB is going to a much better situation, that could bump their fantasy draft stock up.

Very true. This is one that I'll probably ponder till draft night. I kinda hope that 1.1 grabs a QB so I could grab Bijan there. If not I'll be wrestling between Young & Stroud. Both are very different QBs. 

37 minutes ago, makindollaz said:

But the question cavern asked is a valid one.

It’s hard to gauge who should be slotted where until after the NFL draft.  A better QB might be going to a horrible situation…bad OL, very few weapons.  Or a situation where the team wants him to sit for a year to learn behind a vet.

it is generally not rocket science where a top QB will end up most times.

Who has the top pick?

Right now the order is:

1. Bears-I think they pull a trade to send fields elsewhere.   his playing style has already led to some injuries and hes still young.   They could  choose to keep Fields and trade this pick for a handful of picks but why would you do this?  I dont think the ceiling is that high with Fields.   Take the best QB on the board and build your team around HIM.

2. Texans-are they ready to move on from Mills?  I think so.   I do know hes shown a slight improvement on last years numbers on  a per game basis, but I dont know if it is enough.

3. Cardinals-Likely not taking a QB unless they pull a huge deal for Kyler.   while its possible, I'd say it is highly unlikely.

4. Colts-if they think they can get their QB they will take him here.  maybe they will pay to move up and get their guy.   hard to say for sure.

5. Seahawks (via Denver)-it feels like they will not take a QB here.  I could be wrong.  I suppose it also depends on who gets taken early.   My bet is there is no QB taken here unless the Seahawks trade down in the draft as Carroll  seems to like to do.

so my prediction is the top QB goes to the Bears.   They may trade down to Indy if they decide they want to keep fields, but I cant see that being a good choice.

second QB to the Texans (I think) 

third to Indy unless they can talk Chicago or Houston into trading down.

6 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

t is generally not rocket science where a top QB will end up most times.

That wasn't my question at all. If you had a choice right now with all things even, which QB would you take? There's only 2, Young or Stroud. Both are very different QBs. 

Young is going first in many Dynasty mocks but Stroud has a much higher upside. That's where I'm torn. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

That wasn't my question at all. If you had a choice right now with all things even, which QB would you take? There's only 2, Young or Stroud. Both are very different QBs. 

Young is going first in many Dynasty mocks but Stroud has a much higher upside. That's where I'm torn. 

sorry I misunderstood.  

I think I would go young right now, but I'll admit I have not looked at a whole lot of tape on these guys.  Young looked great in the one game I saw and the word is that he has the accuracy

likely the only reason people are questioning whether he should be #1 is because hes short by QB standards ( I think only 6' or 6'1) as compared to the other top prospects at 6.3 or better.

one scouting report had levis ranked ahead of Stroud but I'm not sure that is the right call (even though it is close)

anyhow, I think the first 2 QB off the board should be Young and Stroud like you said.  its just a question of where they land.

10 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I think I would go young right now

Thank you Sir. That's kinda where I'm leaning because of the cheat code. His size worries the hell out of me though. I have Kyler Murray in too many leagues already, I don't want anymore. 😊

I would love to go Stroud but it would have to be the ideal landing spot. As of now it's probably Indy, unless someone jumps their pick. 

12 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Thank you Sir. That's kinda where I'm leaning because of the cheat code. His size worries the hell out of me though. I have Kyler Murray in too many leagues already, I don't want anymore. 😊

I would love to go Stroud but it would have to be the ideal landing spot. As of now it's probably Indy, unless someone jumps their pick. 

well, you could look at trading down to the guy who wants Young if you are that concerned about it.  if you can trade down to #2 and still get your guy, what other assets do you think you can acquire?

30 minutes ago, League Champion said:

As of now it's probably Indy, unless someone jumps their pick.

you know.... indy isnt that bad a place to be.

they have a decent receiving room.   Pittman, Campbell and Alec Pierce and all are pretty young guys who are improving.   in a year or 2 this could be one of the better receiving rooms in the league if it isnt already.

They have Taylor at RB to take some of the pressure off and one of the best O lines in the NFL.

if they take someone who is NFL ready, this could be a very good place to land.

51 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

they have a decent receiving room.   Pittman, Campbell and Alec Pierce and all are pretty young guys who are improving.   in a year or 2 this could be one of the better receiving rooms in the league if it isnt already.

They have Taylor at RB to take some of the pressure off and one of the best O lines in the NFL.

That's a great point. It's not the worst situation in the World. 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

It would be a very wise move for the Colts to develop a Qb instead of trying to picking another over the hill one.  

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

pittman wants out apparently.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Well, this assumes that the Colts are able to land a decent head coach and Irsay actually let's him coach.  

1 hour ago, Showboat said:

Well, this assumes that the Colts are able to land a decent head coach and Irsay actually let's him coach.  

Very true. I wonder if they'll be in the Sean Payton sweepstakes? It really is a decent roster, minus the QB. 

1 hour ago, taco breath said:

pittman wants out apparently.

I hadnt heard that, but its not unusual for these things to happen when things are not going right.

if they get the right guy in at QB and the team starts to win.....he'll come around.

that is the one universal among most all but the nuttiest diva WR's.   put them on a winning team with a QB who gets them the ball..... they usually shut up.

Young is more of the cheat code and Stroud is more of a traditional pocket passer who can run when need be. 

Baring a huge trade up I'm assuming that Young goes #2 to the Texans and Stroud #4 to Indy. Both seem like decent landing spots for who they are. Stroud to Pittman does sound pretty good though 😊

The top rookie RB will most certainly go first.

If I were drafting 2nd, I would take the top WR prospect, whomever that maybe

32 minutes ago, polecatt said:

The top rookie RB will most certainly go first.

If I were drafting 2nd, I would take the top WR prospect, whomever that maybe

I'm almost certain that Bijan will go #1, or at least he should. If that happens then I'll have no choice but to dial in on one of the QBs. It's a 12 Team Superflex League, quarterbacks are a rare commodity. I guess Young since he's a cheatcode right out of the box. 

Some good feedback already from others in this thread.... 

QB in superflex is the way......Young is my preference, especially if Indy trades up....don't see Chicago moving Fields, they have holes everywhere else on that roster.  They need picks....Colts won't be getting Sean Payton, he is too smart to go work for an owner like Irsay.   If top pick goes QB instead of Bijan then you are still golden, think if he goes to a team like the Eagles or Ravens (or Bills) yum.