Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

2023 NFL Mock Draft

Bears need an entire team, QB can wait.

56 minutes ago, taco breath said:

Bears need an entire team, QB can wait.

I cannot argue with that, but usually teams do it backward.  they get the QB first and then build the team around him

but if someone gives them a lot of draft picks for that #1 overall pick, that would fill a lot of needs elsewhere on the team.   Thing is to do that someone out there has to be willing to pay that outrageous price.     that does not happen every year.   but my understanding is that if you are gonna do it, this is the year.  it is considered to be a very good QB class.

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Fields isn’t going to win any Super Bowls 

He is no Jim McMahon

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McMaJi00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FielJu00.htm

There is an age difference. 

3 hours ago, weepaws said:

Fields isn’t going to win any Super Bowls , one must get into the playoffs first, and he’s not good enough to take the Bears to the playoffs. They need a Qb.   

I concur.....

I agree.  Fields isnt likely a superbowl winner.   hes showing signs of improvement, but I think he tops out as an average to slightly above average starting QB.

Not likely a superbowl in his future unless its as a backup QB.

38 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I agree.  Fields isnt likely a superbowl winner.   hes showing signs of improvement, but I think he tops out as an average to slightly above average starting QB.

Not likely a superbowl in his future unless its as a backup QB.

Which is exactly why they need to go QB at 1 and trade Fields for whatever that may be. They may not be in this position for a long time. 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

Which is exactly why they need to go QB at 1 and trade Fields for whatever that may be. They may not be in this position for a long time. 

I agree. and I said that.

it has been suggested the bears wont.   and they may not.  but there is no doubt they should

It fields ls isn't good enough to win a super bowl then why would any team want to trade for him you guys think you're smarter than the coaches in the NFL?

3 hours ago, taco breath said:

It fields ls isn't good enough to win a super bowl then why would any team want to trade for him you guys think you're smarter than the coaches in the NFL?

Because they think he’s better than the other Qb that they can’t win a super bowl with. 

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Because they think he’s better than the other Qb that they can’t win a super bowl with. 

Field is better than every quarterback they've had since Jim McMahon.  they need to worry about winning games not the super bowl.

31 minutes ago, taco breath said:

Field is better than every quarterback they've had since Jim McMahon.  they need to worry about winning games not the super bowl.

They need to win games, so they can make the playoffs, the goal is to win the super bowl , He’s not the Qb that’s going to help that team achieve that goal imo.  Based on what you said the Bears already achieved their goal, they won three games.  

9 hours ago, taco breath said:

That's not the point. The point is that they have a chance to upgrade the position. Fields value is insignificant. Trade him for a bag of dog dirt if you have to.

But I GUARANTEE that someone will be willing to give up a high pick, or 2 for Fields. There's only 3 QBs in this draft and 2 of them aren't ready. 

12 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Fields value is insignificant. Trade him for a bag of dog dirt if you have to.

But I GUARANTEE that someone will be willing to give up a high pick, or 2 for Fields.

Wait, what?

How many leagues have you won, champ?

Just now, League Champion said:

All of them 😊

Link?

Why does someone need a link to a ff season that took place three years ago.  Not sure how that helps, or hurts the Bears at Qb? 

43 minutes ago, League Champion said:

That's cute. Mine says "League Champion has won so many times in a row that we stopped keeping track, the league is bankrupt".

Are you this gullible full time? 

Link?

14 hours ago, taco breath said:

he was once a highly regarded prospect.  usually there is a coach or GM out there who thinks the team that drafted him isnt putting him in a position to succeed and thinks they can do better.

occasionally it works out.

but nobody should be parting with a first round pick for this guy.  a 3rd should do it.  Maybe a 2nd if someone feels strongly about him

but I have been surprised before.   sometimes people do dumb things.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:14 AM, taco breath said:

Taylor Heineke, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Mac Jones, Carson Wentz, Zack Wilson, Trubiski, Mariota, Drew Lock, and on, and on, and on!!!

This is why teams will trade for Justin Fields. 

Jets had better be after Skoronski at 13, not a WR. 

33 minutes ago, League Champion said:

He won't make it past Tennessee at 11. 

I don't expect him to be there, just going by the linked mock.