Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Flyers' Ivan Provorov labeled 'homophobic' as he faces backlash for boycotting team's Pride festivities

44 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Death, taxes, and craftsman creating a thread linked to a foxnews article about the victimization of conservatives.

White, male, hetero, Christian, conservatives are the group most discriminated against in America today.  Didn't you get the memo? 

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Yeah I will give you those.  Probably some on both sides when you look around.  

Lebrun mocked his beliefs by saying he was just using his faith to hide behind.   That is fairly bad to me and probably much worse in the eyes of a person of faith.  Mocking one's faith vs mocking one's sexual orientation? Can you pick what is worse? Yet the societal hammer comes down a lot harder on the latter.

If the woke people of the industry want to preach acceptance of one's own personal choices and orientation of any kind....then it is hyper hypocritical to then quickly mock and ridicule a man who was making a personal choice in what he says is based off his beliefs.    

I don’t think he was “mocking his faith,” he was mocking Provorov himself for “hiding behind his faith,” as if everyone should just blindly follow whatever their religion says.

But I’d probably disagree with that characterization, considering he said he wanted to be “true to himself and his religion.”  So he wasn’t solely saying his religion was the reason.

23 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

White, male, hetero, Christian, conservatives are the group most discriminated against in America today.  Didn't you get the memo? 

In corporate America, yes. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Why do you need a memo to know this is true? Or you can change the wording to 'most targeted/hated group'.

46 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

In corporate America, yes. 

If only the persecution complex on these boards was limited to this.  

You have any personal experience of the above? 

7 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

How many of you are wearing a rainbow pin at work if you are asked to do it?  

I’m not.  

Not me. Hell no. But those people I vote for are for individual rights. Those who the left vote for are voted in to tell their liberal collective what to do every step of the way. 

• Like 1

The gay lifestyle gets pushed too much. It’s annoying after a while. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Shutup homophobe. Suck a d1ck already and join the crew!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

How many of you are wearing a rainbow pin at work if you are asked to do it?  

I’m not.  

I would do it because I chose to, not cause I was ordered to. 

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The slippery slope was lubed with the same stuff Clark Griswold used on the saucer in Christmas Vacation. 

3 hours ago, Louie Kelcher said:

You sound conservative, so I'm sure you've mocked gays before, or people that believe in things that you don't.  It's nothing new.

This is rich.  Says the centrist who openly and unapologetically throws around homophobic slurs.

You guys seem to miss my point.  Im not saying Lebrun or Whitlock cannot comment.  I am saying if a guy said what Lebrun said but about hiding behind your transgenderism or sexual orientation....they would be canned.  There would be massive outrage and virtue signaling.   It is ok to mock a person's beliefs as a sportswriter.  It is not ok to mock anything LGBQT however.  Or try mocking women.  A buffalo based writer (who sucks) was fookishly on a podcast where 3 guys sit around and have a few drinks and shoot the shlt.  Well he basically said women fans are the worst when it comes to understanding critical journalism.   That they freak out if you write anything bad.  Yep canned the next day.  

Also my point is it is hilarious how the woke pushers preach acceptance and tolerance towards people that are different.   Until they don't like your stance.  That is clear as day right now.  

Anyone can write or comment on whatever they choose.  I am not sticking up for a hockey players feelers.  I am pointing out the massive hypocrisy. 

I have a lot of thoughts on this issue.

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

I don’t think he was “mocking his faith,” he was mocking Provorov himself for “hiding behind his faith,” as if everyone should just blindly follow whatever their religion says.

But I’d probably disagree with that characterization, considering he said he wanted to be “true to himself and his religion.”  So he wasn’t solely saying his religion was the reason.

Saying that you should go against what you believe and if you do not then you are just using it as a tool to hide behind.....is disrespectful.   

If a gay person didnt stand for the anthem and cited that America doesn't do enough for the gay community.  And some known writer said "don't use your sexual orientation to hide behind the fact that you hate America".....what would happen?

It is absolutely disrespectful to basically tell someone they are using their beliefs as a disguise.  Especially a very religious person.  

Saying that you should go against what you believe and if you do not then you are just using it as a tool to hide behind.....is disrespectful.   

If a gay person didnt stand for the anthem and cited that America doesn't do enough for the gay community.  And some known writer said "don't use your sexual orientation to hide behind the fact that you hate America".....what would happen?

It is absolutely disrespectful to basically tell someone they are using their beliefs as a disguise.  Especially a very religious person.  

Yeah he was being disrespectful to Provorov, I just don’t think he was “mocking his religion.”

I would guess something similar to this was written about Megan Rapinoe or Brittney Griner and the writer wasn’t fired.

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

If only the persecution complex on these boards was limited to this.  

You have any personal experience of the above? 

I do, and anyone else whose company implemented an EDI program through HR likely does too. 

Those that have kneeled have not suffered one bit. Rapino and Kaepernick were rewarded. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Those that have kneeled have not suffered one bit. Rapino and Kaepernick were rewarded. 

The were celebrated by the media. Ad nauseum. 

5 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

I do, and anyone else whose company implemented an EDI program through HR likely does too. 

What specifically have you seen occur at your company?  

What type of company and what area of the country? 

11 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I assume he's referring to things like companies not showing people's names on their resume when deciding who gets interviews.   Apparently actually trying to give women and minorities a fair shake means you are discriminating against white men.

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I assume he's referring to things like companies not showing people's names on their resume when deciding who gets interviews.   Apparently actually trying to give women and minorities a fair shake means you are discriminating against white men.

Could be, but that's why I asked specifically what he has seen.  

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

I’ll pass on sharing any personal information, but new hiring and promotions have been reserved for women and minorities over the past 12-18 months. 
I’m not trying to convince you as it seems like you’re being a little obtuse on the subject. So, feel free not to believe me, or take it a step further and put me on ignore. 
Have a good weekend. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I’ll pass on sharing any personal information, but new hiring and promotions have been reserved for women and minorities over the past 12-18 months. 
I’m not trying to convince you as it seems like you’re being a little obtuse on the subject. So, feel free not to believe me, or take it a step further and put me on ignore. 
Have a good weekend. 

You blokes are so damn prickly.    I usually chose to ask people what their experiences are with this stuff vs. seeing a story about an incident and making assumptions about how widespread or that it's the same in other places or sectors.   

As to the bolded are you saying that 0 white men are being hired or considered for positions, or that there is an initiative to hire women and minorities?    

30 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

As to the bolded are you saying that 0 white men are being hired or considered for positions, or that there is an initiative to hire women and minorities?    

The former. 

35 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I found the honoree’s from the other night

On the back of their shirts it's written, "You can love my family too for the the right price."

This is what liberals fight for. Every one of them. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Uhh that’s a right wing thing not left. The left thinks your identity matters while the right pushes for meritocracy 

does anyone still believe you aren’t an extreme leftist?  Have you ever taken a moderate stance on anything?

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Uhh that’s a right wing thing not left. 

Lol no it’s not, it’s so people won’t discriminate against people with names that sound like minorities, or know their gender 

3 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Uhh that’s a right wing thing not left. The left thinks your identity matters while the right pushes for meritocracy 

does anyone still believe you aren’t an extreme leftist?  Have you ever taken a moderate stance on anything?

And I have the most moderate stance here on Covid vaccines

• Haha 1

I dont care about the letter people and their cause but when you start saying men menstruate...your proving its mental illness. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cloaca du jour said:

I don't care about the letter people and their cause but when you start saying men menstruate...your proving its mental illness. 

The left proves their mental illnesses on a daily basis in this country in many ways and in many forms. 

This whole thing about certain leftist actions happening in such small isolated occurrences is out the window. The left has fully gone off the rails and even they know, and is the reason why, so many of them try to hide their association with the left by saying they are "moderates". All "moderate" means to them is they believe in all the sex changes for kids, they believe in all authoritarian approaches by their political leaders, they believe in their hatred for white males that don't go along with their sick motivations in life, and they exhibit extreme anger against this country and those who hold dear the process of the building of this great nation, except they prefer supporting it but not being the face of it. They want to tear this country down without even knowing what their end game would produce for them if they achieve their goals.   

Liberals play pretend when they say they are moderates because in reality they 100% back the sickness of the liberal party. They just need their appointed leaders to speak for them so they don't have to personally take the heat for their beliefs. Moderate my ass. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Lol no it’s not, it’s so people won’t discriminate against people with names that sound like minorities, or know their gender 

Bs. Conservatives push meritocracy liberals want identity politics. Jeezus do you even have your eyes open???

i 100% think applications should not have age gender or name nationality. Every conservative would agree. Libs think diversity is a strength

here’s a fact check for you. Which side promotes affirmative action?  Which side says the lack of women in stem is sexist 

you won’t win this one

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Bs. Conservatives push meritocracy liberals want identity politics. Jeezus do you even have your eyes open???

i 100% think applications should not have age gender or name nationality. Every conservative would agree. Libs think diversity is a strength

here’s a fact check for you. Which side promotes affirmative action?  Which side says the lack of women in stem is sexist 

you won’t win this one

So your claim is here is it was a conservative’s idea to not show people’s names on resumes?

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

So your claim is here is it was a conservative’s idea to not show people’s names on resumes?

Maybe not names. I actually haven’t heard that one

answer this which side believes in meritocracy and which side believes in affirmative action and quotas 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Fauci is a hero. Anyone who doesn’t parrot him is an embarrassment. 

Even the things he got wrong?