Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

1. I didn’t bring up CRT. Voltaire did, along with a few other posters. I was responding to him. 
2. The assertion that this ban is because it’s too critical of American history (and of white Americans in particular) is a logical assumption. Of course they’re never going to say that, but the actual reasons they offer for the ban are nonsensical. 

I’m not at all surprised that you don’t read what I write. 

Who's banning what? 

If all this mythical "information" has been banned long ago, how did you get your hands on it? How did anyone? 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

That’s not why. If you could guarantee me that DeSantis will be the President next time around I will take that, gladly. I don’t like DeSantis’ politics, at all, but I think he is competent. Sadly he is not the ACTUAL Republican nominee, and the guy who is lacks competence. So between the two give me Ron. 

I’ve been very clear in my motive for bringing this issue up: I think it’s appalling that the state of Florida, which is part of my country, is banning African-American studies as an AP course. There’s nothing ulterior going on, no other motive. 

That's hilarious 

1 hour ago, Fireballer said:

Did you read the entire 82 page document?  If not, I wouldn’t comment any further.  If you read it and you continue with your current stance, then you’re advocating for queer theory masquerading AA studies to be taught.  

Lots of the stuff in there seems perfectly applicable to an AA studies curriculum, but some of it is absolute horse shat, hence the disapproval from FL.  

While it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the folks who made this determination were homophobic as well as fearful of criticism of white people, I doubt that was their main consideration. 

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Who's banning what? 

If all this mythical "information" has been banned long ago, how did you get your hands on it? How did anyone? 

What are you even going on about now? The course is being banned. What information? 

31 minutes ago, Fnord said:

DeSantis is the presumptive Republican nominee for president in '24. I think it's valid to explore his behavior as the chief executive of Florida when he may be the next POTUS.

I think this is one of the very few times that I agree with you.

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Everything about this would be hilarious if it wasn’t so sadly true. 

Florida is just too based for you, keep it in the west coast bud 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

I like Florida but it’s too humid in the summertime. We don’t get that here. 

Then don't worry about it 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

What are you even going on about now? The course is being banned. What information? 

You said you think the white conservatives don't want the truth to be taught in school didn't you?

43 minutes ago, Fnord said:

DeSantis is the presumptive Republican nominee for president in '24. I think it's valid to explore his behavior as the chief executive of Florida when he may be the next POTUS.

This is on point.  Any candidate for President should be rigorously assessed.  I think we can anticipate this will be true for Desantis....and less true for any Democrat candidate.

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Then don't worry about it 

I don’t worry about it. But it’s worth commenting about because Florida is one of the 50. If people there grow up ignorant and intolerant because of crap like this decision, that doesn’t help me. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

You said you think the white conservatives don't want the truth to be taught in school didn't you?

Some obviously don’t. I wouldn’t want to think it’s all of them. There are probably some white conservatives out there who are appalled by this decision. I certainly hope so. 

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

This is on point.  Any candidate for President should be rigorously assessed.  I think we can anticipate this will be true for Desantis....and less true for any Democrat candidate.

Didn't Biden hide in his basement much of the time when he was on the campaign trail? And wasn't access to him controlled  tighter than top secret government documents?

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/01/19/politics/ron-desantis-ap-african-american-studies/index.html

The DeSantis administration has taken a decidedly Stalinist approach to education: we will teach what we want you to learn, all else is verboten! 

Providing feedback is part of the AP development process. 

"Like all new AP courses, AP African American Studies is undergoing a rigorous, multi-year pilot phase, collecting feedback from teachers, students, scholars and policymakers," the statement said. "The process of piloting and revising course frameworks is a standard part of any new AP course, and frameworks often change significantly as a result. We will publicly release the updated course framework when it is completed and well before this class is widely available in American high schools."

Florida has given its feedback; California is welcome to come back and say that they don't think it flagellates white people enough.

As you Leftists like to say when you feel that the Right is chasing boogeymen and dog whistles, this is a nothingburger.

Some obviously don’t. I wouldn’t want to think it’s all of them. There are probably some white conservatives out there who are appalled by this decision. I certainly hope so. 

Well, what's the answer? You are saying the truth has been hidden for years leading up to these times, no? And if you are asserting that, where did you get this "truth" from?

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Providing feedback is part of the AP development process. 

Florida has given its feedback; California is welcome to come back and say that they don't think it flagellates white people enough.

As you Leftists like to say when you feel that the Right is chasing boogeymen and dog whistles, this is a nothingburger.

I’m not a leftist buddy. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I’m not a leftist buddy. 

Nobody ever is here, pal.  You're all centrists.  :thumbsup: 

How about the content of my post, sky screamer?

Just now, craftsman said:

Well, what's the answer? You are saying the truth has been hidden for years leading up to these times, no? And if you are asserting that, where did you get this "truth" from?

No. I never wrote anything close to that. It hasn’t been hidden. This is a new ban. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I don’t worry about it. But it’s worth commenting about because Florida is one of the 50. If people there grow up ignorant and intolerant because of crap like this decision, that doesn’t help me. 

But I like being ignorant and intolerant 

27 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

2. The assertion that this ban is because it’s too critical of American history (and of white Americans in particular) is a logical assumption. Of course they’re never going to say that, but the actual reasons they offer for the ban are nonsensical. 

There's nothing wrong with the actual reasons they've stated for the ban.  They're as vague as the summary of the course is, which is one of their main gripes.  They've offered for the college board to come back to them with a more detailed description of the course so they can reevaluate it.  I think that's fair. 

To the bolded, I literally laughed my a$$ off reading you posting that.  That's exactly what the libs do with CRT and then people like you go "They aren't teaching CRT" when they actually are but they just don't SAY they are teaching it.   Your lack of self awareness is always humorous.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

Nobody ever is here, pal.  You're all centrists.  :thumbsup: 

How about the content of my post, sky screamer?

I’m mostly liberal. Centrist in some areas, but not all. But I’m not at all leftist. 

No offense but the content of your post is silly. Florida isn’t providing “feedback”; they’re banning the course from being taught. 

No. I never wrote anything close to that. It hasn’t been hidden. This is a new ban. 

You took 'Advanced Black Studies' classes in high school? And now it's being banned? 

Good Lord what a mess you are.

6 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Didn't Biden hide in his basement much of the time when he was on the campaign trail? And wasn't access to him controlled  tighter than top secret government documents?

The list of red flags around Biden are considerable, and were never vetted, and in fact he enjoys protection from the media.  The media hated Trump and allowed their personal opinions to take precedence over their duty to vet the candidates on our behalf. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

You took 'Advanced Black Studies' classes in high school? And now it's being banned? 

Good Lord what a mess you are.

I wish to hell I could have. 
It’s a new course, Sherlock. It doesn’t teach anything new, but it concentrates on a subject that , while already taught, is worthy of more focus for honor students who are interested. That’s what Florida is banning, and they’re being idiots for doing so 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m mostly liberal. Centrist in some areas, but not all. But I’m not at all leftist. 

No offense but the content of your post is silly. Florida isn’t providing “feedback”; they’re banning the course from being taught. 

No offense but you should read your own links:

"As the Department of Education has previously stated, if the College Board amends the course to comply, provides a full course curriculum, and incorporates historically accurate content, then the Department will reconsider the course for approval," Griffin added.

Just now, RLLD said:

The list of red flags around Biden are considerable, and were never vetted, and in fact he enjoys protection from the media.  The media hated Trump and allowed their personal opinions to take precedence over their duty to vet the candidates on our behalf. 

Once the power of the media was accepted by a group of agenda driven individuals and was actualized and spread out to other media groups, that power became the downfall of our political system. It was bad enough with lobbyists and all the special interest maggots tunneling their way into political offices, but when the media caved in to their own special interests over their integrity as true reporters, then it will take me until "I'll believe it when I see it consistently" territory before I trust the media again. Could take years or may never occur again. I don't know when or where the media had lost their integrity and pride in their work, but that's what we have in place at this point in time for the most part. Liberals have morphed into an angry group of people looking for authoritarian control in this country. They don't like it when people disagree with them and they voice it loudly. Conservatives are left playing defense. It would be nice for a defined period of time that conservatives go on offense for a while. 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

No offense but you should read your own links:

Yeah so what? Strike made the same point. It’s a lot of drivel. They don’t mean it. They’re not offering any kind of feedback. 

The subject matter is African-American history. The specifics, most of them, should be left to the instructor of the course. And THAT is what Florida objects to. They want to dictate everything, which is why I correctly called it Stalinist and an affront to academic freedom. 

But I also believe that  even if the College Board had provided extremely specific course guidelines, Florida would still ban this course. Because it’s the subject matter that bothers them. 

13 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Meh. Trump was thoroughly vetted and exposed and those of us that don't consider right wing media to be the gospel realized what a freak he was, and never thought America was dumb enough to elect him. Joke's on us. Also, Biden's escapades with keeping top secret documents is all over the so-called leftist media, and overall he's not being defended for doing it. This never fails to amaze me, that people think we hated Trump because he is a Republican who made "mean tweets." We hate him because he's repugnant, vile, stupid, self serving, and a threat to the American way of life. I could go on.

Yeah so what? Strike made the same point. It’s a lot of drivel. They don’t mean it. They’re not offering any kind of feedback. 

The subject matter is African-American history. The specifics, most of them, should be left to the instructor of the course. And THAT is what Florida objects to. They want to dictate everything, which is why I correctly called it Stalinist and an affront to academic freedom. 

But I also believe that  even if the College Board had provided extremely specific course guidelines, Florida would still ban this course. Because it’s the subject matter that bothers them. 

This is incorrect.  Even the course summary doesn't describe it as a history course.  It describes it as inter-disciplinary.  It is not simply a history course.   And then you question why I don't believe you understand the topics being discussed.  🤣

Liberals want accuracy. Same ones that claim that Columbus brought slavery to the Americas. 

Just now, Strike said:

This is incorrect.  Even the course summary doesn't describe it as a history course.  It describes it as inter-disciplinary.  It is not simply a history course. 

This is an irrelevant distinction. Hopefully all history courses would be described this way. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I wish to hell I could have. 
It’s a new course, Sherlock. It doesn’t teach anything new, but it concentrates on a subject that , while already taught, is worthy of more focus for honor students who are interested. That’s what Florida is banning, and they’re being idiots for doing so 

So not taking time to teach something that has already been taught to students is now considered "banning information". 

You are way off on this one. There is only so much time to teach in schools and you want to take up that time to reteach something that has already been taught. That sounds like brainwashing.

Every school has a curriculum. You are saying that anything left out of their curriculum is officially should be considered a ban on information.

How liberal of you to want to focus a curriculum on black studies. Let that elective be taken in college. Let people pay their money for useless classes at the college level.

How about we teach our kids something useful at the grade school and high school levels instead of the dumb ass liberal agenda you leftists want to push? You want black studies, have the kids take a semester off in high school and send them to Somalia, or South Sudan, or LIbya? 

The U.S. scored 478 in math, below the OECD average of 489. That's well below the scores of the top five, all of which were in Asia: Singapore at 569, Macao at 555, Hong Kong at 551, Taiwan at 531, and Japan at 527. China was not included in this ranking, since only four provinces participated.3

In science, the United States scored at 502, above the OECD average of 489. The top five highest-scorers were Singapore at 551, Macao at 544, Estonia at 530, Japan at 529, and Finland at 522.

When analyzing the U.S.'s results over the years, it's clear that the scores have been stable over time. While not declining, there aren't any signs of improvement, either. In fact, there's been no detectable change in U.S. students' math scores since 2003 or science scores since 2006

34 minutes ago, RLLD said:

I don't know about that.  Republican's trash Hitler 2.0 out there in California a lot.

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Meh. Trump was thoroughly vetted and exposed and those of us that don't consider right wing media to be the gospel realized what a freak he was, and never thought America was dumb enough to elect him. Joke's on us. Also, Biden's escapades with keeping top secret documents is all over the so-called leftist media, and overall he's not being defended for doing it. This never fails to amaze me, that people think we hated Trump because he is a Republican who made "mean tweets." We hate him because he's repugnant, vile, stupid, self serving, and a threat to the American way of life. I could go on.

Vetted and he exposed the radical leftists you all are in this country and you are all butt hurt because you couldn't "Get Trump" because he got you all first. :lol:

And please don't "go on". Because you are really dumb. 

32 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m not a leftist buddy. 

Says the guy who thinks Trump is corrupt but Biden isn't.  LOL

30 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Says the guy who thinks the Woke movement must win.  LOL

• Thanks 1