Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

14 minutes ago, shadrap said:

gotta love it when they bring in new classes when reading, writing, &  arithmetic are not only lacking but racist. 

I am pretty sure High School kids taking AP classes are doing Ok in these areas.    

Or are you saying that putting resources into an AP class takes away from ones to a basic math class? 

24 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I am pretty sure High School kids taking AP classes are doing Ok in these areas.    

Or are you saying that putting resources into an AP class takes away from ones to a basic math class? 

I’m pretty sure there are other students in the school that aren’t. Let the teacher that was going to teach this use that time to get the kids falling behind up to speed 

AP European History is still allowed. No objections to that class. It’s only black history that these a-holes have a problem with. I really hope they rot. What a bunch of white supremacist bastards. 

• Like 1

The GOVERNMENT of the state of FLORIDA is requiring a review of ALL BOOKS. This is blatantly anti-constitutional.

And EVERY SINGLE conservative poster thus far has defended it.

What the FUK!?!?

20 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

AP European History is still allowed. No objections to that class. It’s only black history that these a-holes have a problem with. I really hope they rot. What a bunch of white supremacist bastards. 

It's not a history class, according to the framers of the class.  :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, Fnord said:

The GOVERNMENT of the state of FLORIDA is requiring a review of ALL BOOKS. This is blatantly anti-constitutional.

And EVERY SINGLE conservative poster thus far has defended it.

What the FUK!?!?

Of course they defend it. They’re like lemmings. Whatever DeSantis does they love. Just like Trump before him. Total cult. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Because it includes black culture, literature, art. How terrible. How Communist. 

And some other things.  Also, literature and art aren't very confrontational, be better.  Culture might be, depends on the context.

9 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

And some other things.  Also, literature and art aren't very confrontational, be better.  Culture might be, depends on the context.

If I had a $1 for everytime Tim was told to be better.  His TDS just gets worse.  100% manchild.  

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

This has zero to do with black history.  Quit being such an arse, and a lying o e T that.  Black history is all over every single history textbook around.  It is the bigotry of CRT that needs to be rooted out of every child's classroom.

Liberals really expect the benefit of the doubt when it comes to what’s best for children? Really? Just look at the things they have done and advocate for when it comes to kids. Reject their ideas as soon as you hear them. Failure and sickness is their legacy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Because it includes black culture, literature, art. How terrible. How Communist. 

Good lord.  What the crap does systemic racism, institutional racism, racist hierarchies, social justice, wealth distribution, white shaming have to do with black culture and art.  You are losing it.  

20 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Good lord.  What the crap does systemic racism, institutional racism, racist hierarchies, social justice, wealth distribution, white shaming have to do with black culture and art.  You are losing it.  

Systemic racism, institutional racism, racist hierarchies have everything to do with not only black history, culture, art, but it’s also central to American history. 

22 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Liberals really expect the benefit of the doubt when it comes to what’s best for children? Really? 

Pretty much yeah. Almost everything that is good in education has come from liberalism. 

27 minutes ago, jonmx said:

This has zero to do with black history.  Quit being such an arse, and a lying o e T that.  Black history is all over every single history textbook around.  It is the bigotry of CRT that needs to be rooted out of every child's classroom.

CRT isn’t bigoted. It isn’t false. It’s accurate history. The only reason it shouldn’t be taught in regular history courses is because it devotes too much time and attention to black issues at the expense of other history. That’s it. But for a honors class devoted to black studies, CRT is essential. 

2 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

If I had a $1 for everytime Tim was told to be better.  His TDS just gets worse.  100% manchild.  

If I had a dollar for every nonsensical post you make…I dunno. But it would be a lot of dollars. 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Pretty much yeah. Almost everything that is good in education has come from liberalism. 

Our test scores have fallen drastically. Our best colleges have to import students from other countries to maintain a high GPA in stem classes. Our tech companies also import workers from better educated countries. So what’s all this good you’re talking about? 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Our test scores have fallen drastically. Our best colleges have to import students from other countries to maintain a high GPA in stem classes. Our tech companies also import workers from better educated countries. So what’s all this good you’re talking about? 

Conservatives are always cutting programs. Spend some more damn money on education, you’ll get better results. YOU need to be taxed more to pay for better schools in the inner cities. Yes YOU. That’s the key to less violence, not tougher sentences. 

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Conservatives are always cutting programs. Spend some more damn money on education, you’ll get better results. YOU need to be taxed more to pay for better schools in the inner cities. Yes YOU. That’s the key to less violence, not tougher sentences. 

They can’t read. How much more money is necessary to get that done? 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

As much as it takes. Pay up. 

I do pay. Twice. My kids read fine. Why don’t the kids in Baltimore? 

46 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Wrong. Only allow people to have kids if the parents can care for their kids and want to care of their kids. Sterilize the rest.

You have no money? No kids allowed. You're stupid or a criminal or a drug user, heavy drinker, gay, don't have time, divorced, live in a shltty area, etc.? No kids for you. You don't have a job? No kids for you. You had an abortion in the past simply because you didn't want the kid? No kids for you.

And a lot of other reasons can be determined to not allow people to have kids.  

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’re losing it. You don’t have your safe space here and you can’t handle it. The left has controlled public education for 50 years and it has been a disaster on a global scale. Zero improvement in reading and math scores in 40 years despite spending more per pupil than anywhere. Time to let the adults take over. 

84% of black students lack proficiency in math and 85% of black students lack proficiency in reading skills. Tim wants to teach them that math is racist and whitey is the reason behind it. The left is like a virus and it destroys everything it infects. 

10 hours ago, dogcows said:

From Karen Attiah at the Washington Post.

As soon as the panic about “wokeness” in schools and the supposed teaching of critical race theory hit the mainstream, many Black journalists could smell what was coming. The laws against critical race theory and legislation such as Florida’s Stop Woke Act (another DeSantis special that has faced legal challenges) were always about anti-Blackness.

I have tried making this point over and over in my writing and in chats with well-meaning people who wanted to understand what the right was fussing about. I would hear people insist that if we just explained what critical race theory was, we could win by making fools of the conservatives who were banning nonexistent critical race theory courses. Those folks were wrong.

Instead, by singling out AP African American studies, Florida is showing us what the end game was always about: making institutional anti-Blackness lawful again.

She's a black person who writes opinions for a living. And it's all BS.   :lol:

How about other people's opinions? You know, the intelligent ones.

Critical Race Theory Teaches Our Children to Hate Their Country, Neighbors, and Themselves

Written by Kimberly Fletcher

Critical Race Theory isn’t new. It has been craftily injected into our societal thought behind closed doors for decades. It has held many labels from “Diversity Training” and “Black Studies,” to “Reconstructing Curriculum,” but the objective has always been the same; and though many people have penned the “curriculum” there is only one author.

Most reasoned people recognize it for what it is.

What we don’t understand is the “why” of it all. Why would someone purposefully try to make freedom bad, truth a lie and the American dream wrong? Why would anyone want to convince people they are either oppressed or an oppressor because of their gender or color?

That’s what a lot of parents are wondering as they show up en masse at school board meetings to protest this pernicious, agenda-driven “curriculum” being thrust on our children.

It is the “why” that led me to a teacher’s training in the winter of 2016 in hopes of finding at least some understanding if not answers.

What I discovered was quite alarming. So, I turned on my phone recorder to capture it all.

You can listen to the audio of the “training” on the Moms for America website

The program titled “Reconstructing Curriculum,” is a program sponsored by Minnesota Humanities which receives funding from Susie Buffett, Warren Buffett’s daughter. The instructor (who I will call Professor O) was a professor of Black Studies at the University of Nebraska Omaha. His “training” consisted of instructing the room full of teachers how to teach their students to recognize they are either racist or the victims of racism.

Professor O told the teachers that epistemologically the world will always be White privileged because all of our values, morays and culture are based on the moral judgements of White, European, heterosexual, theocratic Christian men. Because of that he said, we will always be a racist, sexist, homophobic culture even though we don’t realize it.

Professor O spoke of the need for free college because White privileged males are the ones that can afford it. He talked about time having no relevance, values being relative and White privilege permeating our culture.

At a teacher’s meeting in Omaha, which I previously wrote about, the instructor—a Black Lives Matter Leader—told teachers “Meritocracy is a myth. The idea that people can ‘pull themselves up by their bootstraps’ is a lie. It only works for those with privileges.”

A national organization named “Black Lives Matter at School” (BLMS) is infiltrating our children’s schools with a “new uprising for racial justice” which includes teaching globalism, transgender and queer affirming agendas as well as promoting racism and sexism. The program has already been endorsed by the National Education Association, the largest teachers’ union in the United States.

Our schools have become a very dangerous place for our children. It has been reduced to a propaganda breeding ground where our children are taught they are either oppressed or the oppressors. The left says, if you’re Black you’re told you’ll never succeed because White people won’t let you; If you’re a girl you’re told you’ll never succeed because men will always hold you down; If you’re a boy you’re a future rapist and if you’re a White man you’re a racist rapist.

Is it any wonder our kids are depressed and suicide is on the rise—especially among teenage boys? We have stripped our youth of everything that gives them purpose and passion. We have stolen the American Dream from them by telling them it doesn’t exist and denied them the opportunity to succeed by telling them they will always fail no matter how hard they try.

And that is the very reason parents—of all color—are standing up against this nonsense threatening our children. Moms are showing up at school board meetings and are starting Mom’s support groups, holding rallies and launching parent meetings. Moms for America Cottage Meetings are popping up in homes across the country with hundreds of moms joining a virtual Healing of America series online each week. Moms for Liberty has 27 chapters in 17 states with over 200 waiting in cue and Moms like Hannah Petersen are launching Facebook pages that grow to 10,000 members overnight. Moms are rising up to protect their children, inject commonsense and stand against this Marxist takeover.

Moms are realizing this is a war for the hearts and minds of our children but those trying to harm our children underestimated the powerful force of mothers defending their young. Mama Bears have been poked and Marxist Teachers Unions and government overlords have no idea what they’re in for. This is just the beginning.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Systemic racism, institutional racism, racist hierarchies have everything to do with not only black history, culture, art, but it’s also central to American history. 

They are not talking about those in the context of history, they are talking present day and it is a pantload of crap.  Leftist are racist POS, and what they teach is children is to be racists.  It is not even debatable.  There is not a spits worth of difference between Nazi's and their view of Jews and Leftists and their views of whites.  The demonization and villification is off the charts and thoroughly disgusting.  You have been brainwashed to believe in exactly what you hate. 

The inclination to use something good, such as this AP class, to cloak the inappropriate material is a standard and effective tactic.

We can see its efficacy in this thread alone. You bury something bad in something good, and if anyone dare call you out on it you just pretend it is the good being assailed.

This is also how they play the game in terms of politics when they slide amendments into bills to steal out money for pet projects.

I think the class is mostly really good, until you get to the section on the 60’s where the content turns into activism , that needs to be addressed 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, RLLD said:

The inclination to use something good, such as this AP class, to cloak the inappropriate material is a standard and effective tactic.

We can see its efficacy in this thread alone. You bury something bad in something good, and if anyone dare call you out on it you just pretend it is the good being assailed.

This is also how they play the game in terms of politics when they slide amendments into bills to steal out money for pet projects.

I think the class is mostly really good, until you get to the section on the 60’s where the content turns into activism , that needs to be addressed 

You better watch yourself around these parts - you might get outed as a flaming lefty! 

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

You better watch yourself around these parts - you might get outed as a flaming lefty! 

Nah, they know me. I live in the realm of truth, sometimes I say things that feed their bias and sometimes o say things that feed someone else’s bias.

When you dwell in truth often there are elements of any situation that can feed both sides.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Of course they defend it. They’re like lemmings. Whatever DeSantis does they love. Just like Trump before him. Total cult. 

It can all be traced to FEAR and IGNORANCE (our national cancers), metastasizing at an accelerated rate.

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Someone needs a break from the bored.  Bwahahahahaha

1 minute ago, RLLD said:

Nah, they know me. I live in the realm of truth, sometimes I say things that feed their bias and sometimes o say things that feed someone else’s bias.

When you dwell in truth often there are elements of any situation that can feed both sides.

Right on.   

I also agree the class is mostly ok.   Where my beefs lie is that:

1. from the couple articles I read, there was no indication as to what needed to be fixed for the class to be allowed, like you just did with saying the section on the 60s is problematic.  My understanding was they were told they could rework the class and resubmit the syllabus, but not told what the specific issues were.  

2.  Skepticism about the above even working and them accepting any form of class is based on CRT being illegal to be taught in the state.   0 chance any form of that class is accepted, IMO.  They aren't interested in that, especially when paired with the idea that conservatives are also trying purposely put any ridiculous idea under the CRT umbrella.  

Despite what people around here seem to believe, I still believe teachers are mostly decent people and an AP class like this is fully capable of discussing things like systemic racism without the "hate whitey" spin.  We need to get off SM an stop believing that every kook who's message is amplified online from a side of the debate we disagree with is representative of that whole side.  

26 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

And apparently being a lefty these days means you want for white people what the Nazis wanted for the Jews. I can’t believe anyone would actually write that, much less believe it…yet here we are. 

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Right on.   

I also agree the class is mostly ok.   Where my beefs lie is that:

1. from the couple articles I read, there was no indication as to what needed to be fixed for the class to be allowed, like you just did with saying the section on the 60s is problematic.  My understanding was they were told they could rework the class and resubmit the syllabus, but not told what the specific issues were.  

2.  Skepticism about the above even working and them accepting any form of class is based on CRT being illegal to be taught in the state.   0 chance any form of that class is accepted, IMO.  They aren't interested in that, especially when paired with the idea that conservatives are also trying purposely put any ridiculous idea under the CRT umbrella.  

Despite what people around here seem to believe, I still believe teachers are mostly decent people and an AP class like this is fully capable of discussing things like systemic racism without the "hate whitey" spin.  We need to get off SM an stop believing that every kook who's message is amplified online from a side of the debate we disagree with is representative of that whole side.  

Thanks. Looks like there is still more to learn about this and perhaps Desantis missed an opportunity to better explain himself

14 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Thanks. Looks like there is still more to learn about this and perhaps Desantis missed an opportunity to better explain himself

I also could have missed something and am willing to alter my opinion slightly if part 1 is incorrect.   It still leaves part 2 out there though, which to me is the bigger issue here.  

17 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

And apparently being a lefty these days means you want for white people what the Nazis wanted for the Jews. I can’t believe anyone would actually write that, much less believe it…yet here we are. 

Don't forget that around here being a lefty also means that you want kids' genitals mutilated, and are in fact a groomer who probably showers with their children.  

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

Don't forget that around here being a lefty also means that you want kids' genitals mutilated, and are in fact a groomer who probably showers with their children.  

That's what happens when you run around defending genital surgery on children and admit that you shower with your kids.  :dunno:

If it quacks like a duck.