Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

1 minute ago, RogerDodger said:

That's what happens when you run around defending genital surgery on children and admit that you shower with your kids.  :dunno:

If it quacks like a duck. 

So what's the excuse when I've done neither of these things, but that's basically the first thing that was said to me around here? 

It's palpable how badly people want anybody they think are lefties to be absolutely crazy on these boards.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

That's what happens when you run around defending genital surgery on children and admit that you shower with your kids.  :dunno:

If it quacks like a duck. 

💥 Great post!

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

So what's the excuse when I've done neither of these things, but that's basically the first thing that was said to me around here? 

English. 

You were talking in general terms and in general it's true.  If you dont like it you can either stop associating with it or try to distinguish yourself apart from it.  So far you're just another whining crying lib that is quacking like a duck. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

English. 

You were talking in general terms and in general it's true.  If you dont like it you can either stop associating with it or try to distinguish yourself apart from it.  So far you're just another whining crying lib that is quacking like a duck. 

So again, what's your excuse when I specifically say I am against those things? 

You just happen to miss those posts, don't want to read them, still want to believe people you think are left support all the craziness, what? 

5 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

So again, what's your excuse when I specifically say I am against those things? 

You just happen to miss those posts, don't want to read them, still want to believe people you think are left support all the craziness, what? 

You don't get to make statements like "being a lefty around here means" and then cry about it trying to differentiate yourself.  It's a bad faith argument from the start especially when the statement is generally true. Simply put; your logic is faulty.

9 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Pretty much yeah. Almost everything that is good in education has come from liberalism. 

This is so wrong, and it captures a fundamental problem in education today.  The luxury of exploring liberal (more specifically, progressive) ideas only works in a society which is grounded in sound conservative (i.e., existing) principles.  Humans are largely "software-driven," born with a glorious largely-empty memory bank which wants to be filled. 

Let's use the trans issue as an example.  Boys want to learn how to be boys, and girls want to learn how to be girls.  Now, there may be a fraction of a percent who eventually determine that they are in the wrong body, but we can't teach young kids to the extreme here.  Anyway, it is with this (conservative) foundation (a boy is a boy, a girl is a girl) that one could later in life begin to explore alternative ideas.

This extends to other areas.  For a society to function well, children need to learn basic conservative principles.  Be true to your family.  And to your community.  And to your nation.  And yes, to your culture.  Respect and listen to your elders -- they've got socks older than you, and they've lived long enough to know things.  Take personal responsibility.  These are what makes a society successful.

But liberalism has turned to leftism and it is breaking this model.  Screw family, community, nation, it's all about you and your hedonistic needs.  Boys can be girls and girls can be boys.  Not happy with your spouse today?  Get a divorce!  It's not your fault your kids don't apply themselves in school, it's racism, it's the teacher's fault, it's not my fault!  The structures which brought us to this point in evolution are being tossed aside because somebody was taught something in a DEI class; at this point Chesterton wouldn't even warn about the fence, he'd say fock it, you might as well tear another one down as well, what could go wrong?

In summary, the exploration of progressive ideas only works from the foundation of a functioning conservative base.

@RLLD- again, thanks for the video.  That guy brought up what should at the very least raise questions- why was any gender stuff in there and what does it have to do with AA history, and why the big focus on it? 

Those should have been the public questions day 1 if they weren't.  

But like I said, to me the remaining elephant in the room is the general terms still used, even in the clip with Desantis.  "Indoctrination", "wokeness", "crt" - seriously, what do these terms even mean anymore?  You ask one person and CRT is very specific to high level college and law classes, ask someone else and it's anything that filters history through a black lens.  The other two terms are even more nebulous.  

I put 0 faith in politicians applying any of these in a non-partisan way, and think it's especially dangerous to then say it's illegal to teach such things. So ripe for abuse, and I am surprised so many in here are ok with it, and cheer for it.  

4 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

You don't get to make statements like "being a lefty around here means" and then cry about it trying to differentiate yourself.  It's a bad faith argument from the start especially when the statement is generally true. Simply put; your logic is faulty.

So your brilliant position is that most people on the left are for genital surgery on minors?  That most take showers with their kids?  

2 hours ago, BuckSwope said:

Don't forget that around here being a lefty also means that you want kids' genitals mutilated, and are in fact a groomer who probably showers with their children.  

That's kind of hard to forget. 

3 hours ago, RLLD said:

Thanks. Looks like there is still more to learn about this and perhaps Desantis missed an opportunity to better explain himself

This is where their argument falls dead. His point one has been addressed ad nauseam here and elsewhere. They just don’t see it as a problem. Also, the class isn’t cancelled. It can continue without section 4 included. The other issue is they are ignorant regarding CRT and the historical misrepresentations with it and the 1619 that concern us. They mostly consume MSNBC, CNN etc. JFC Tim thinks it’s factual.

These same people were adamant this stuff isn’t in k-12 and we were a bunch of liars. When it’s factual we are called bigots, white supremacists and morons because we want to prevent black youth from learning about their history. History that has a billion holes in it and teaches black youth they are disadvantaged because of the color of their skin. These people suck. 

So your brilliant position is that most people on the left are for genital surgery on minors?  That most take showers with their kids?  

All the people that advocate for mutilating kids are on the left. But let’s listen to them when it comes to the well being of kids.  The left is using kids in the culture war that they started. Just like they use black people. 

14 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Most here are and do.  Just happen to miss those posts, don't want to read them?

14 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Most here are and do.  Just happen to miss those posts, don't want to read them?

I will keep my eyes peeled for people for surgeries on minors and who shower with their kids just for you.  

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

Great video. The fat ignorant slob is your typical legacy media consuming uninformed lefty. The black guy is brilliant. He will be called the black face of white supremacy. Also, none of the lefties will watch this. 

12 hours ago, Fnord said:

The GOVERNMENT of the state of FLORIDA is requiring a review of ALL BOOKS. This is blatantly anti-constitutional.

And EVERY SINGLE conservative poster thus far has defended it.

What the FUK!?!?

So one would think.

From the Twitters:

The First Amendment does not just protect your right to SPEAK.

It protects your right to RECEIVE INFORMATION.

Everyone is protected by the First Amendment, including students.

The Constitution does not permit removing books from public libraries because government officials don't like the content. There are only a few very narrow exceptions, most notably obscenity.

Obscenity is very narrowly defined. The books most frequently targeted do not meet the legal definition of obscenity.

1 hour ago, BuckSwope said:

It's palpable how badly people want anybody they think are lefties to be absolutely crazy on these boards.  

You vote for and support leftist politicians and policies, ergo you are guilty by association.

11 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I will keep my eyes peeled for people for surgeries on minors and who shower with their kids just for you.  

Don't do it for me.  Do it for yourself so you don't sound like a moron.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

All the people that advocate for mutilating kids are on the left. But let’s listen to them when it comes to the well being of kids.  The left is using kids in the culture war that they started. Just like they use black people. 

I think even you are intelligent enough to understand these 2 statements are completely different: 

1.  When there is support for trans surgery in minors, it's mostly on the left. 

2.  Most people on the left support trans surgery for minors.  

26 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Can you see your tonsils with your head stuck so far up your a$$?

Just now, BuckSwope said:

I think even you are intelligent enough to understand these 2 statements are completely different: 

WRONG

• Thanks 1

Just going to point out, AGAIN, that our resident conservatives are all in favor of banning books. You fuksticks can STFU about cancel culture and anything else you don't like from here on out. Fukking anti-American pigs.

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

Can you see your tonsils with your head stuck so far up your a$$?

Best post of the week, because it’s both funny and is a legitimate question to ask this particular poster 

8 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

You vote for and support leftist politicians and policies, ergo you are guilty by association.

Such a dumb mentality to have to begin with.

I also vote for Republicans and 3rd party people too.  Do I get ownership of any of the good things, or just blamed for what you don't like? :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Fnord said:

Just going to point out, AGAIN, that our resident conservatives are all in favor of banning books. You fuksticks can STFU about cancel culture and anything else you don't like from here on out. Fukking anti-American pigs.

Don’t know if they’re unkosher animals but this is otherwise a quite accurate statement. 

I didn’t say either one of those. Let me say it again, and read slowly this time: All the people that advocate for mutilating kids are on the left. It’s a stand alone statement. Yet you wanted to take it where you want it to be. But I can see  the difference in what YOU said. Let’s keep it to what I said.  

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I didn’t say either one of those. Let me say it again, and read slowly this time: All the people that advocate for mutilating kids are on the left. It’s a stand alone statement. Yet you wanted to take it where you want it to be. But I can see  the difference in what YOU said. Let’s keep it to what I said.  

Nobody advocates for mutilating kids except in the deranged minds of those obsessed by transsexualism. Apparently you fall into that category. 

6 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Such a dumb mentality to have to begin with.

I also vote for Republicans and 3rd party people too.  Do I get ownership of any of the good things, or just blamed for what you don't like? :lol:

If you vote for a single democrat that makes you a communist.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

You can stop it anytime. 

Most normal people that have been proven wrong for so many times would feel shame and disappear. You don’t seem to posses that emotion. You should do some self reflection.

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

If you vote for a single democrat that makes you a communist.

How about: If you vote for a single Republican, you're a Nazi!

Only true, born-again dipsh!ts would believe either of those statements. 

JFC you're off the deep end, time to get out of the pool and towel off.

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Nobody advocates for mutilating kids except in the deranged minds of those obsessed by transsexualism. Apparently you fall into that category. 

Oh. So minors having top surgery isn’t mutilation? Please tell me what it is then .  

Just now, Dizkneelande said:

Most normal people that have been proven wrong for so many times would feel shame and disappear. You don’t seem to posses that emotion. You should do some self reflection.

I’m wrong sometimes. When it happens it doesn’t bother me. I educate myself and move forward; it makes me a better person I hope. 

I’m not wrong here. You’re in favor of banning books and banning educational content. You’re supporting politicians who are promoting white supremacist ideas. That makes you either a bigot or a fool. Since I’m not going to think ill enough of you to assume bigotry, I’ll just chalk it up to stupidity. But you don’t have to stay that way. 

1 minute ago, Fnord said:

How about: If you vote for a single Republican, you're a Nazi!

Only true, born-again dipsh!ts would believe either of those statements. 

JFC you're off the deep end, time to get out of the pool and towel off.

The Democratic left has an ideology virtually identical with fascism and routinely borrows tactics of intimidation and political terror from the Nazi Brownshirts.

Liberlas voted against a bill that would require a doctor to render aid to a baby that survived during an abortion.  I never used to call them baby killers…….but let’s listen to them about the well being of children. 

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I’m wrong sometimes. When it happens it doesn’t bother me. I educate myself and move forward; it makes me a better person I hope. 

I’m not wrong here. You’re in favor of banning books and banning educational content. You’re supporting politicians who are promoting white supremacist ideas. That makes you either a bigot or a fool. Since I’m not going to think ill enough of you to assume bigotry, I’ll just chalk it up to stupidity. But you don’t have to stay that way. 

Is the black guy in the video RLLD posted a bigot, white supremacist  and a fool too?

Edit - I predicted you’d call him that 🤣

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh. So minors having top surgery isn’t mutilation? Please tell me what it is then .  

What it is is a different topic that has nothing to do with this thread. 

But to answer your question: medical surgery performed for the benefit of the patient is not, by definition, mutilation. It is also, for the record, none of your fukking business. It’s a private medical decision between a patient, the doctor, and in the case of minors, the parents. YOU should have no say. And if you think you do, that is one of the elements that defines you in favor of fascism rather than a free society. 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dizkneelande said:

Is the black guy in the video RLLD posted a bigot and a fool too? If so then I own it. 

Did you hear that the Asian guy that killed all those other Asian people did it because of white supremacy? They know no bounds and use everyone they can as a shield or a spear.