Sign in to follow this  
The Real timschochet

DeSantis and his stupid laws

It is telling that people are migrating to Florida.  There are a multitude of reasons.....taxes, cost of living, weather...on and on...and this concern will in no way dissuade people.  

Put simply, this is the right way to handle education.  Indoctrination is not ok, and that is what liberals want. Parents can handle the sociological education of their children, government-provided education needs to stick to the basics. 

34 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It is telling that people are migrating to Florida.  There are a multitude of reasons.....taxes, cost of living, weather...on and on...and this concern will in no way dissuade people.  

Put simply, this is the right way to handle education.  Indoctrination is not ok, and that is what liberals want. Parents can handle the sociological education of their children, government-provided education needs to stick to the basics. 

Yeah, not liking it. It's getting way too crowded here.

That being said DeSantis has free reign to do what he thinks is best because he is the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Who is in the team? What are their criteria? That should be public knowledge, right? And yet the letter gives no reasons. Which just further confirms that this is all about his “anti-WOKE” agenda, and not about education or saving money or anything else. He’s angling for the Presidency, and he thinks stunts like this and sending migrants from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard will get him there.

sending illegal immigrants to where the people who want them here was a great idea, showed them their own hypocrisy

When the democrat governor of Colorado shipped his illegals, with plans to send more, to NYC not a peep.  Why? NYC doesn’t want them. They’re full. 

Thank goodness for DeSantis bringing this to the nation's attention; that's the real value for the rest of the country.  Otherwise this would just be sliding into curricula with nary a peep, and one day it would be a funded option in your state.  If I were a parent of school-aged kids, I'd be looking into this in my own state.  And I'd be asking, like DeSantis, to clarify the curriculum before committing to it.  :thumbsup: 

Leftists of course hate it, because they are used to controlling education and don't like unwoke people elbowing in on their territory.

21 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Thank goodness for DeSantis bringing this to the nation's attention; that's the real value for the rest of the country.  Otherwise this would just be sliding into curricula with nary a peep, and one day it would be a funded option in your state.  If I were a parent of school-aged kids, I'd be looking into this in my own state.  And I'd be asking, like DeSantis, to clarify the curriculum before committing to it.  :thumbsup: 

Leftists of course hate it, because they are used to controlling education and don't like unwoke people elbowing in on their territory.

You love stunts. Maybe check to see if the circus is in town!

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

You love stunts. Maybe check to see if the circus is in town!

What's the stunt?

Katie Hobbs, our new Leftist governor, hates our voucher system and wants to make our schools more equitable; i.e., they all suck.  She hankers back to the days of us being 48th in education.  I'm sure she would love this class.  :thumbsup: 

Many leftists without children upset about this. Pipe down. You don’t have any stake.  

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Many leftists without children upset about this. Pipe down. You don’t have any stake.  

So people without kids have no stake in American education? Damn that’s foolish. 

6 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Glad you acknowledge that you are discussing your beliefs and not facts.

The person developing the study doesn't think it is irrelevant.  Which you would know if you read your own link:

Another TimCrotch trait you'll come to know is that once he's been proven 100% wrong, which happens a lot, he tends to just drop a point he thought he could win hoping no one will notice his L.  Then he can pretend he didn't actually lose the discussion.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Does DeSantis actually do anything or are these all just stunts just to "bring attention" to things? 

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

Does DeSantis actually do anything or are these all just stunts just to "bring attention" to things? 

Of course he does things.  He did the exact opposite of most of the Lib states during Covid.  It was all over the news every night. 

2 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Yes he does.  You can’t say gay in school anymore. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Strike said:

Of course he does things.  He did the exact opposite of most of the Lib states during Covid.  It was all over the news every night. 

Was that a good thing?  How were their death and infection rates?  

Sorry, not old enough to watch the nightly news yet.  Sorry if I missed the daily mentions of all of Desantis' great work on covid.  :lol:

47 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I don't understand the question; in the topic in this thread for instance, his state told AP they wouldn't accept the curriculum as is.  Is your question if DeSantis himself read through it all and personally drew that conclusion?

I suspect instead that your Tucker-like question was a veiled way of insulting DeSantis.  :thumbsup: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

I don't understand the question; in the topic in this thread for instance, his state told AP they wouldn't accept the curriculum as is.  Is your question if DeSantis himself read through it all and personally drew that conclusion?

I suspect instead that your Tucker-like question was a veiled way of insulting DeSantis.  :thumbsup: 

I think he's a typical blowhard doosh politician.  That's not a secret.  Yes, I was more focused on the illegals that were brought up elsewhere and shouldn't have mixed that with your post.  That's on me.   It was a knee jerk reaction to your comment about bringing attention to something, which is what I heard him being praised for with the Martha's Vineyard event. 

• Sad 1

Race— get over it.  That’s the real thing.  Almost no one hates you just because you’re black.  Some, but not many.  So why talk about it all the time?  All this talk about racism does is entice blacks to look for rationalizations for failure outside themselves.  My son got in trouble in 7th period.  Says the teacher doesn’t like him.  Baloney.  The teacher doesn’t give a fck about you one way or the other.  She just can’t have you fcking around during class.  Same with blacks.  Mostly I’m indifferent to them, the same as I feel towards whites.  Some are OK and some suck.  The reason I feel the way I do?  Content of character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

This is the garbage you get if libtards continue their monopoly on education

All the liberals and "moderates" on this site are all old and angry now because they didn't get their sex changes they've always wanted. So now they are pushing it on the children of America. 

If we could only find a way to determine if a 10 year old will grow up to be panzy liberal like those on this site, then we could send them all to public schools in liberal run cities and their teachers could help them transition in the non male made up sex of their choice.

19 hours ago, Strike said:

Nothing you have written above has been said by Desantis AFAIK.  He didn't mention CRT in his letter to the college board.  

10 hours ago, Strike said:

There's nothing wrong with the actual reasons they've stated for the ban.  They're as vague as the summary of the course is, which is one of their main gripes.  They've offered for the college board to come back to them with a more detailed description of the course so they can reevaluate it.  I think that's fair. 

Here is the letter:

It doesn’t say they can “come back with a more detailed description,” that’s laughable.  It says the course as is is “contrary to Florida law,” so if the content is changed they will reconsider.

So if your claim is FL is not accusing the course of being CRT, what about the course is contrary to Florida law?

13 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Here is the letter:

It doesn’t say they can “come back with a more detailed description,” that’s laughable.  It says the course as is is “contrary to Florida law,” so if the content is changed they will reconsider.

So if your claim is FL is not accusing the course of being CRT, what about the course is contrary to Florida law?

Why do you so badly want courses for kids about blacks in the US? Kids can read books on their own time. They have the rest of their lives to explore their interests.

They only have 12 partial years as underage students to learn and explore the basics of our education. Reading, writing, mathematics, science and nature, handling money, driving a car, keeping a home, social studies and networking, how to be an adult, learning about options in life, mechanics, physiology, healthy living, etc.

There are a lot of basics to be covered and the key #1 things to start out life with is what should come first over learning what some liberals thoughts are on the plight or success of black people in the US. If you want to learn about the US Chinese and their coming here, the blacks and their coming here, the Italians, the Polish, the Germans and French and other Europeans and American Indians and all the different views from different writers and historians, you have a lifetime ahead of you to figure out if you are interested in it or not, or simply you choose to want, in current day USA, to first deal with becoming equipped to handle building yourself a career and how to deal with relationships and learning life as you go along. Let someone find themselves first then if they are interested they can choose to learn about others if they want.  

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Why do you so badly want courses for kids about blacks in the US? Kids can read books on their own time. They have the rest of their lives to explore their interests.

They only have 12 partial years as underage students to learn and explore the basics of our education. Reading, writing, mathematics, science and nature, handling money, driving a car, keeping a home, social studies and networking, how to be an adult, learning about options in life, mechanics, physiology, healthy living, etc.

There are a lot of basics to be covered and key #1 things to start out life with over learning what some liberals thoughts are on the plight of black people in the US. If you want to learn about the US Chinese and their coming here, the blacks and their coming here, the Italians, the Polish, the Germans and French and other Europeans and American Indians and all the different views from different writers and historians, you have a lifetime ahead of you to figure out if you are interested in it or not, or simply you choose to want, in current day USA, to first deal with becoming equipped to handle building yourself a career and how to deal with relationships and learning life as you go along. Let someone find themselves first then if they are interested they can choose to learn about others if they want.  

Completely changing the subject. Why is the course against Florida law? That was the question posed in the post you’re responding to. 

3 minutes ago, craftsman said:

There are a lot of basics to be covered and key #1 things to start out life with over learning what some liberals thoughts are on the plight of black people in the US. If you want to learn about the US Chinese and their coming here, the blacks and their coming here, the Italians, the Polish, the Germans and French and other Europeans and American Indians and all the different views from different writers and historians, you have a lifetime ahead of you to figure out if you are interested in it or not, or simply you choose to want, in current day USA, to first deal with becoming equipped to handle building yourself a career and how to deal with relationships and learning life as you go along. Let someone find themselves first then if they are interested they can choose to learn about others if they want.  

This post is actually very illustrative because it represents the true beliefs of those opposed to this class- they simply don’t want it taught at all. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/01/19/politics/ron-desantis-ap-african-american-studies/index.html

The DeSantis administration has taken a decidedly Stalinist approach to education: we will teach what we want you to learn, all else is verboten! 

Thank God someone is standing up to the absolute moronic brainwashing of our children.  Black studies is 100 percent white hate/critical race theory.  Yes we do not want your race-baiting nimble-minded proganda ruining minds of children.  F-ing disgusting. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Strike said:

Another TimCrotch trait you'll come to know is that once he's been proven 100% wrong, which happens a lot, he tends to just drop a point he thought he could win hoping no one will notice his L.  Then he can pretend he didn't actually lose the discussion.

Dude you are so strange. What a joke you are. Nothing that I’ve posted in this thread has been the slightest bit false. In fact, if anything I’ve understated what a travesty this decision was. What an embarrassment. 

• Haha 1

Just now, jonmx said:

Thank God someone is standing up to the absolute moronic brainwashing of our children.  Black studies is 100 percent white hate/critical race theory.  Yes we do not want your race-baiting nimble-minded proganda ruining minds of children.  F-ing disgusting. 

Another illuminating post- black studies should be illegal! Got it, sir. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

Completely changing the subject. Why is the course against Florida law? That was the question posed in the post you’re responding to. 

I always try to address the point way before going down the rabbit hole of arguing about stupid topics. This shouldn't even be at this point. It's like driving off of a road that gets you to where you want to be and arguing about things that come from your choice of going astray in the first place. Just do the right thing and stay on course. You don't play games with the youth of America because as an old person you want to indoctrinate kids into your sick way of thinking that somehow you twisted your own mind into thinking is good.  

9 minutes ago, craftsman said:

There are a lot of basics to be covered and the key #1 things to start out life with is what should come first over learning what some liberals thoughts are on the plight or success of black people in the US. If you want to learn about the US Chinese and their coming here, the blacks and their coming here, the Italians, the Polish, the Germans and French and other Europeans and American Indians and all the different views from different writers and historians, you have a lifetime ahead of you to figure out if you are interested in it or not, or simply you choose to want, in current day USA, to first deal with becoming equipped to handle building yourself a career and how to deal with relationships and learning life as you go along. Let someone find themselves first then if they are interested they can choose to learn about others if they want.  

I was not giving an opinion of the course, simply correcting @Strike’s incorrect claim that the course was denied because it needed a “more detailed description,” and asking what about the course was against Florida law if not the claim that it was CRT.

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Another illuminating post- black studies should be illegal! Got it, sir. 

Did you read what is the required reading for the course? Jesse Waters showed some of them. One has to do with abolishing capitalism.  That’s black history? 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

This post is actually very illustrative because it represents the true beliefs of those opposed to this class- they simply don’t want it taught at all. 

If you are talking about teaching it to underage kids in school. You are correct. Teach it at the college level as electives if you want, but leave core topics alone when teaching underage kids. 

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I always try to address the point way before going down the rabbit hole of arguing about stupid topics. This shouldn't even be at this point. It's like driving off of a road that gets you to where you want to be and arguing about things that come from your choice of going astray in the first place. Just do the right thing and stay on course. You don't play games with the youth of America because as an old person you want to indoctrinate kids into your sick way of thinking that somehow you twisted your own mind into thinking is good.  

I get it. You don’t believe African-American studies is a worthy enough topic to be taught to honor high school students. I think the governor’s office agrees with this nonsensical, wretched POV. But they won’t admit it; they hide behind the claim that this class violates Florida law. Except that they won’t explain how. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Did you read what is the required reading for the course? Jesse Waters showed some of them. One has to do with abolishing capitalism.  That’s black history? 

Liberals have proven they don't have the mental capacity to understand what goes into the agendas they support so vehemently. Either that or some of them just act stupid and lie to get what they want. Which is stupid as well.

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s funny,  because part of the Florida complaint is that there is no required reading for the class- it’s far too vague and broad and unspecific. 

Me thinks old Jesse is lying to you. Either that or he got his talking points confused. 

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Liberals have proven they don't have the mental capacity to understand what goes into the agendas they support so vehemently. Either that or some of them just act stupid and lie to get what they want. Which is stupid as well.

Wait- is the course too vague or is there required reading? Which is it? 

Lol you guys are so all over the map on this. Just admit that you don’t want any class about black studies period. Stop making excuses and own up to it. You don’t want kids to learn about black history or culture. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That’s funny,  because part of the Florida complaint is that there is no required reading for the class- it’s far too vague and broad and unspecific. 

Me thinks old Jesse is lying to you. Either that or he got his talking points confused. 

Well, he showed the curriculum.  Go watch it. Or don’t. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I get it. You don’t believe African-American studies is a worthy enough topic to be taught to honor high school students. I think the governor’s office agrees with this nonsensical, wretched POV. But they won’t admit it; they hide behind the claim that this class violates Florida law. Except that they won’t explain how. 

I think our educational standing in the world tells all we need to know about what should be taught to underage students in our schools. 

Let them learn about the various races of people in this country post high school.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Well, he showed the curriculum.  Go watch it. Or don’t. 

What curriculum? That’s news to Florida. Their complaint is that there is no curriculum! 

Can’t you see that Waters is a stooge and you’re being used? Come on guy. 

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Wait- is the course too vague or is there required reading? Which is it? 

Your liberal masters know what they want to hide when it comes to supporting this garbage. Their followers don't know shlt.