Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Here Kitty kitty kitty!

I'm sure mountain lions are more afraid of you than you are of them.

2 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

TMZ: Ex-NFL DL Derek Wolfe Hunts, Kills Massive Mountain Lion In Colorado.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/01/19/ex-nfl-dl-derek-wolfe-hunts-kills-massive-mountain-lion-in-colorado/

Holy crap! I may never go to the mountains again!

Firstly, I hate trophy hunters !

Secondly, if the Mountain Lion had a gun .. and could shoot it - this would be much more fair.  I'm assuming Mr. Wolfe would stay in his house .. and pray that the Mountain Lion wasn't a human trophy hunter coming into his domain ...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, kozmiq said:

Secondly, if the Mountain Lion had a gun .. and could shoot it - this would be much more fair.  I'm assuming Mr. Wolfe would stay in his house .. and pray that the Mountain Lion wasn't a human trophy hunter coming into his domain ...

I'm not a fan of this, either.

A huge pack of coyotes lives in the woods behind my property, and sometimes when they get to yipping and howling, I'll record audio and throw it up on social media. Commenters want me to go out there and shoot them. What's the point of that? I like having them out there.

I put a game cam way back in their and got a pic of a coyote taking a whiz. I should start a game-cam thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a game cam.

16 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Yeah, I don't think so much...

This is awesome, but not surprising.  Derek Wolfe is co-host of an afternoon sports talk radio show out here in Denver.  He speaks regularly of his love for hunting. 

26 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Much like you and women. 

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Much like you and women. 

I get exponentially more poosay than you, son.

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I get exponentially more poosay than you, son.

You and @SUXBNME have to learn that cats don't count.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Strike said:

You and @SUXBNME have to learn that cats don't count.

Pimp can be forgiven for randomly leaving the board for hours at a time in order to cough up the inevitable hairballs that come from performing literally hundreds of acts of catalingus.  😻👅😻

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'm not a fan of this, either.

A huge pack of coyotes lives in the woods behind my property, and sometimes when they get to yipping and howling, I'll record audio and throw it up on social media. Commenters want me to go out there and shoot them. What's the point of that? I like having them out there.

There's videos out there of guys using thermal scopes at night and taking out literally dozens of coyotes.  

Serves them right, those mangy bastards. 🐺

3 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

There's videos out there of guys using thermal scopes at night and taking out literally dozens of coyotes.  

You're a mangy bastard.

:mad:

Check out this pic:

https://postimg.cc/d7ZJ6PBx

Brought my kid to see Puss in Boots last week. I wanted to scratch my eyes out 15 minutes in

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

I have a friend who does that.  He just posted a pic on Facebook where he got 6 in one night.  Watching the thermal scope videos is awesome.

He went to the high school 15 mins from my house.  Has definately given back to that community..grants...programs...swag for fundraisers. Good guy!!

2 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Did you ever see a coyote eat a fawn or how about a farmer’s chicken?

9 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

You guys see the size of that chicken ?

Coy wolves are a bigger concern than western coyotes.  

43 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I have a friend who does that.  He just posted a pic on Facebook where he got 6 in one night.  Watching the thermal scope videos is awesome.

I'd do that with wild hogs. Terrible problem. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Did you ever see a coyote eat a fawn or how about a farmer’s children?

:blink:😯😯

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

50 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I'd do that with wild hogs. Terrible problem. 

Living next to a mountain preserve, coyotes and javelina (wild, smelly boars) are our biggest pests.  Well, and rattlers.  My next door neighbor had chickens he lost to the coyotes.  Javelina are generally harmless unless you put your garbage out the night before, then it becomes javelina food.

I just looked it up:  technically you can hunt coyotes all year on AZ with a hunting license (they are considered predators), but you can't shoot a gun in the city or do it near peoples' houses anywhere. :dunno: 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Living next to a mountain preserve, coyotes and javelina (wild, smelly boars) are our biggest pests.  Well, and rattlers.  My next door neighbor had chickens he lost to the coyotes.  Javelina are generally harmless unless you put your garbage out the night before, then it becomes javelina food.

I just looked it up:  technically you can hunt coyotes all year on AZ with a hunting license (they are considered predators), but you can't shoot a gun in the city or do it near peoples' houses anywhere. :dunno: 

Coyotes are always in season in PA.

1 minute ago, jerryskids said:

I live in the country and can blast as many hogs and coyotes as I want. My game cam also got a shot of a bobcat last month, and earlier this week, it took one of a flying squirrel.

I didn't know we had focking flying squirrels in this neck of the woods. It was the size of a small squirrel but didn't have a busy tail. I thought maybe a rat, but it had a white underbelly. I threw it up on Facebook, where several people quickly identified it as a flying squirrel. I slathered a huge pine cone in peanut butter and hung it from a limb. The coyotes, possums and raccoons can't get to it, but the flying squirrel sure as fock can!

Dude killed the thing with an arrow!

Predator Control* 🚨 Late Tuesday night I got a call from @huntnest to see if I wanted to stalk a giant Tom (male mountain lion) who has been wreaking havoc in a rural neighborhood,” Wolfe wrote. “He had already killed two of her dogs and was living under her porch, nervous what he might do next. We found a fresh 4×4 mule deer he had just killed. We hiked straight up 2500ft and down the other side, then back up again, back down the other side and then back up again to 9600ft.

5 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

Coyotes are always in season in PA.

3 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I live in the country and can blast as many hogs and coyotes as I want. My game cam also got a shot of a bobcat last month, and earlier this week, it took one of a flying squirrel.

I didn't know we had focking flying squirrels in this neck of the woods. It was the size of a small squirrel but didn't have a busy tail. I thought maybe a rat, but it had a white underbelly. I threw it up on Facebook, where several people quickly identified it as a flying squirrel. I slathered a huge pine cone in peanut butter and hung it from a limb. The coyotes, possums and raccoons can't get to it, but the flying squirrel sure as fock can!

Funny, growing up in PA I don't recall coyotes in my area, but squirrels were the biggest pest, basically the rats of NE PA.  Open season on those vermin.

Here in AZ, neither the coyotes nor javelina are generally much danger, although the coyotes are getting more and more comfortable around humans.  The other day I was in my front yard around 8:30AM, broad daylight, and a coyote pranced past me heading back to the mountain.  I was a little concerned that the path he entered is through a narrow opening (a small wash between houses) and had he encountered a hiker coming out, he might have felt trapped.

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Funny, growing up in PA I don't recall coyotes in my area, but squirrels were the biggest pest, basically the rats of NE PA.  Open season on those vermin.

Here in AZ, neither the coyotes nor javelina are generally much danger, although the coyotes are getting more and more comfortable around humans.  The other day I was in my front yard around 8:30AM, broad daylight, and a coyote pranced past me heading back to the mountain.  I was a little concerned that the path he entered is through a narrow opening (a small wash between houses) and had he encountered a hiker coming out, he might have felt trapped.

They really hurt the deer and turkey populations.  Many farmers lose their animals to them.  Fockers are quick and smart as hell tho.

47 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

I slathered a huge pine cone in peanut butter and hung it from my balls

and you still get no action!