Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

GUNS!

2 minutes ago, League Champion said:

We don't have to worry about any of that nonsense in SC

:D

19 hours ago, League Champion said:

I am a gun owner, and I am also for common sense gun control legislation. Also, I am not afraid of the big bad government "coming for my gun".  That's all I'm going to say about this topic.

• Thanks 3

Thinking about picking up one of these

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/content/first-look-smith-wesson-m-p-5-7-pistol/

I currently don't have anything chambered in this round and always like adding new types of ammo. 

37 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Couldn't pay me enough to live in one of THOSE States 

100%.    Those states are closer to Mao, Stalin and Lenin than they are to Washington, Jefferson and Madison.  Why anyone would want to live in one of those Commie states is beyond me. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/content/first-look-smith-wesson-m-p-5-7-pistol/

I currently don't have anything chambered in this round and always like adding new types of ammo. 

I mean, I love S&W (got a Performance Center M&P 2.0 9mm) and I'll take one of those if someone gives one to me, but I don't understand the appeal to any 5.7, not just the S&W.

1 hour ago, bostonlager said:

If you are interested in the 5.7.....you should also take a look at the Ruger LC Carbine...also chambered in 5.7

Can't stress the importance of having a ranged weapon in the same caliber of your sidearm 😉

1 hour ago, Running With Daboll said:

I am a gun owner, and I am also for common sense gun control legislation. Also, I am not afraid of the big bad government "coming  for my gun".  That's all I'm going to say about this topic.

As a gun owner & "hopefully" a proponent of 2A rights......you should be concerned by any states attempt to circumvent practices deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court 🤔

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

I mean, I love S&W (got a Performance Center M&P 2.0 9mm) and I'll take one of those if someone gives one to me, but I don't understand the appeal to any 5.7, not just the S&W.

I have many guns that serve no purpose other than for me to be able to say - I have one. This one will definitely fit into that category. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

I am a gun owner, and I am also for common sense gun control legislation. Also, I am not afraid of the big bad government "coming  for my gun".  That's all I'm going to say about this topic.

Same here. I'm a proud gun owner but am all for common sense gun control, etc. I believe that anyone who purchases a gun should have to pass a field gun safety course and have range time with a certified instructor.

There's too many idiots that went out and bought guns when the damn BLM riots were happening and everyone was screaming "Race War". Now we have millions of more weapons in the wrong untrained hands. 

My Father taught me gun safety as a very young man. Just like a father teaching his Son to use a chopsaw. So I was never afraid of or scared of guns, it was just another tool. More of that and less fear mongering would go a long way. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

As a gun owner & "hopefully" a proponent of 2A rights......you should be concerned by any states attempt to circumvent practices deemed unconstitutional by the Supreme Court 🤔

LOL, I'm not. And please refrain from telling me how I should be thinking.  Been thinking for myself for many a decade, I don't need anyone's help.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, League Champion said:

Same here. I'm a proud gun owner but am all for common sense gun control, etc. I believe that anyone who purchases a gun should have to pass a field gun safety course and have range time with a certified instructor.

There's too many idiots that went out and bought guns when the damn BLM riots were happening and everyone was screaming "Race War". Now we have millions of more weapons in the wrong untrained hands. 

My Father taught me gun safety as a very young man. Just like a father teaching his Son to use a chopsaw. So I was never afraid of or scared of guns, it was just another tool. More of that and less fear mongering would go a long way. 

Glad we are on the same page on this one bro.  The majority of gun owners in this country are of the responsible type, so those people (including you and I) shouldn't have any issues with any safeguards that the government might implement in terms of purchasing or owning firearms.

With sufficient safeguards in place, human massacres won't be happening with as much frequency as they are now.  And no, gun legislation won't stop every mass shooting, but if even just ONE life is potentially saved by common sense measures, then it would be worth it.

This crazy chit has got to stop, or at least be minimized.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

With sufficient safeguards in place, human massacres won't be happening with as much frequency as they are now.  And no, gun legislation won't stop every mass shooting, but if even just ONE life is potentially saved by common sense measures, then it would be worth it.

This crazy chit has got to stop, or at least be minimized.

Perfectly said. My kids aren't fascinated or obsessed with guns because they're not Taboo or mysterious to them. Hell, my daughter can field strip and clean anything you throw in front of her. They've both had numerous gun safety classes, have range time, etc. 

And guess what, they don't care. My Son won't even play a video game that has killing in it and my daughter couldn't care less. Why? Because it's not Taboo, it's just another tool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, League Champion said:

And guess what, they don't care. My Son won't even play a video game that has killing in it and my daughter couldn't care less. Why? Because it's not Taboo, it's just another tool. 

That's great, you've done a nice job raising them.

As it is with many so-called "taboo" aspects of life, preventing people from exposure to things will ultimately lead to an in-appropriation and perversion of it.

The key, (as with your kids), is to allow for a reasonable exposure, then let them decide the level of interest they have. This applies to just about anything, not just guns.  Your son is essentially bored with them because he doesn't find them all that big a deal.  But when you restrict people from things and behaviors, you wind up with a perverse and sometimes morbid curiosity that could lead to anti-social behavior.

How is it that an eagles fan and a giants fan, who both joined this week, are being so civil and respectful to each other on GameDay in a thread about guns?

Can I get a fock the eagles?

Kayvon bout to make hurts his son?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Louie Kelcher said:

How is it that an eagles fan and a giants fan, who both joined this week, are being so civil and respectful to each other on GameDay in a thread about guns?

LOL.

Um, it's kind of a long story.  Let's just say that we share a common experience beyond this forum.

Oh, and I almost forgot:

FARK THE EAGLES! 😁

4 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

By the way, it's not just that we are opposing fans, we also have completely opposite political ideologies as well, yet we have managed to find a common bond.  Our microcosm proves that it can be done, no matter how large the scale.

8 minutes ago, Running With Daboll said:

By the way, it's not just that we are opposing fans, we also have completely opposite political ideologies as well, yet we have managed to find a common bond.  Our microcosm proves that it can be done, no matter how large the scale.

Did you both know each other from fbg?

19 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

I like the question mark. Hurts will run at him all day! He's not disciplined enough to scheme Hurts. Even I know that and I'm an Eagles fan. 

12 hours ago, Nomad99 said:

If you are interested in the 5.7.....you should also take a look at the Ruger LC Carbine...also chambered in 5.7

Can't stress the importance of having a ranged weapon in the same caliber of your sidearm 😉

22LR .380 9mm 5.56/.223 need to add a 12ga as well. Will have to look into that 5.7. 

35 minutes ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

22LR .380 9mm 5.56/.223 need to add a 12ga as well. Will have to look into that 5.7. 

Ruger also makes a 5.7 pistol.....mags are interchangeable with the LC carbine 👍

5 hours ago, League Champion said:

I like the question mark. Hurts will run at him all day! He's not disciplined enough to scheme Hurts. Even I know that and I'm an Eagles fan. 

Yeah, I love Thibs, but he's still a rook.  He's made considerable progress this year, and he could wind up being near the same level as Parsons, but he's still got some learning to do.  Still, I hope he finds his way to Hurts at least a few times tonight.  Doesn't need to sack him, just rattle him if he can.

Sure wish 56 in his prime could be out there for this one, that dude brought joy to my heart. 😁

20 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

I am also for common sense gun control legislation.

Exactly which "common sense gun control laws" will reduce America's gun violence rates consistent with every other first world country? 

:dunno:

17 minutes ago, Ron 'Tator Salad' White said:

5.7 needs to come down too much $$

Well.....it is just about a rifle round.

16 hours ago, League Champion said:

I respect this mentality of gun ownership. I agree with you. 

17 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Exactly which "common sense gun control laws" will reduce America's gun violence rates consistent with every other first world country? 

:dunno:

Sorry, I don't converse with individuals that refuse to acknowledge the truth.

10 hours ago, Running With Daboll said:

Sorry, I don't converse with individuals that refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Then tell everyone who does "acknowledge the truth" (whatever the hell that means) your "common sense gun control laws" that'll significantly reduce America's gun violence rates.?.

C'mon, here's you big chance! Show us the way Enlightened One!

12 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Then tell everyone who does "acknowledge the truth" (whatever the hell that means) your "common sense gun control laws" that'll significantly reduce America's gun violence rates.?.

C'mon, here's you big chance! Show us the way Enlightened One!

Sadly....even though some laws make sense, a vast amount of them do little more than hamstring decent, honest, law abiding citizens. Sadder still....certain people won't admit to that & continue to hype "sensible" measures.......

• Thanks 1

When the left wants something, it’s common sense. When  the right wants to leave things alone, it’s extremism. 

• Like 1

If Rush Limbaugh were alive, he'd usually say something like "well, the money and power behind protecting the second amendment are focused on a completely different plan that they feel will bear superior fruit in the long term, so they aren't going to devote much time to this case. but i get it, these new gun regs arent good."

I have a few 12 gauge shotguns, a .410 shotgun and a .22 rifle but at some point I'd like to get a higher powered rifle.  Something that would be more effective on animals like deer.  What are your favorite caliber rifles?

I wouldn't mind a hand gun but don't care to have on in the house with my kids around yet.