Sign in to follow this  
League Champion

GUNS!

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I have a few 12 gauge shotguns, a .410 shotgun and a .22 rifle but at some point I'd like to get a higher powered rifle.  Something that would be more effective on animals like deer.  What are your favorite caliber rifles?

I wouldn't mind a hand gun but don't care to have on in the house with my kids around yet.

I have rifles in 30.06, 223, 300 Win mag, and 7mm. the .06 is my favorite. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

I have rifles in 30.06, 223, 300 Win mag, and 7mm. the .06 is my favorite. 

What makes that your favorite?

1 minute ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What makes that your favorite?

Its readily available and has really good range. It kicks like a sonofabitch though. 

1 minute ago, bostonlager said:

Its readily available and has really good range. It kicks like a sonofabitch though. 

I know a buddy of mine has one and always liked shooting it.  I haven't shot many rifles other than a .22 and .17 which are like shooting a pellet gun.

I have another friend who has a Russian WWII rifle that we would shoot for fun.  It was incredibly accurate but ammo was near impossible to find.

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven't shot many rifles other than a .22 and .17 which are like shooting a pellet gun.

I love shooting my Stainless 10/22. They are fun as hell to shoot and a lot cheaper to shoot. I just built a PSA AR. Looking forward to the range on Saturday morning to dial it in. 

49 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

What brand is your 30-06?

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

What brand is your 30-06?

Remington model 742 Woodmaster

• Like 1