Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Divisional Round: Bengals @ Bills

I took the M/L and the Bengals.  

Just now, Running With Daboll said:

If you get there, who is your "preferred" SB opponent?

Damn, it's going to be tough. The Chiefs if Mahomes is still on a bum ankle because the Eagles defense will Tee off on him. 

I don't really fear the Bengals or Bills. I feel like the Eagles matchup pretty good with both. 

41 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Damn, it's going to be tough. The Chiefs if Mahomes is still on a bum ankle because the Eagles defense will Tee off on him. 

I don't really fear the Bengals or Bills. I feel like the Eagles matchup pretty good with both. 

That's not how this works, once your team gets there.   Bring on the best, because as a championship team you can beat anybody. 

Inactives

Bengals: RB Chris Evans, DB Tre Flowers, OL Alex Cappa, LT Jonah Williams, TE Nick Bowers, DE Jeff Gunter, DT Jay Tufele

Bills: TE Tommy Sweeney, OL Ike Boettger, DT DaQuan Jones, LB Terrel Bernard, LB Baylon Spector, CB Christian Benford, S Jared Mayden

Line: BUF -5.5
Total: 48.5

Destiny wants to see a 5th Lamar hunt trophy presented at Arrowhead, not in hotlanta  that might still be on fire after the riots last night. 

Shocking. just tuned in.

I'm a bit surprised at how easily it seems the bengals have handled the Bills.

granted I didnt watch the game due to some unforseen circumstances but I truly thought the bills were the team to beat this year.

guess I was wrong

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

It's really on McDermott. He relies too much on Allen. He has never committed to the run. He just let Allen keep getting hit over and over. 

100% correct.

the QB stats for both starters in this game were pretty close to the same.

The difference (at least statistically)is the Bengals were able to run the ball with Mixon and the Bills were not able to run the ball at all to speak of.

55 minutes ago, shovelheadt said:

That curb stomping has my approval 

Says the Bengals fan in the room.....

either way, I agree.   I thought Buffalo was a superbowl team at the start of the year (and I assure you, I'm not a bills fan)  so its nice to see them get upset again.   

I gotta feel for the fans in Buffalo.  seems like when their team is good, its just not quite good enough for a championship, and when its bad, its just horrible.

well, at this point all I gotta say is better luck next year.   I'd be surprised if they didnt do something in the offseason to shore up the run game.   Either they Draft a RB or a O lineman to help with that part of their game.

possibly both.   an O lineman drafted even late in round 1 is usually a plug and play starter and you can often get a starting Calibre RB in round 2.   they may have to trade up a few picks to get there but its likely possible.

Mixon had two games in which he exceeded 100 yards rushing, Vs Buffalo was his second.  

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

Mixon had two games in which he exceeded 100 yards rushing, Vs Buffalo was his second.  

true, but he was hurt a fair portion of the year.   Team has had O line issues a good chunk of this year too.   (partly due to injury)

I think hes just regressing to the mean now.

like it or not, dude performed at the time when they needed him the most so far this season.   

I guess we will see what happens next week.   it should be an interesting test against a well coached Chiefs Team

19 hours ago, Ray_T said:

100% correct.

the QB stats for both starters in this game were pretty close to the same.

The difference (at least statistically)is the Bengals were able to run the ball with Mixon and the Bills were not able to run the ball at all to speak of.

Exactly, I texted our League group chat when I saw the snow pregame, saying this is advantage Bengals, and pounding Mixon.  Buffalo got screwed by their famous snow machine, again.  I had Allen all year, brother had Diggs, I told him the Winter weather in Buffalo makes me nervous.  Diggs left crying he didn't get the ball, it's not easy making 50yard catches trying to track a ball with snow in your face and slippery footing.

1 hour ago, plasma george said:

Exactly, I texted our League group chat when I saw the snow pregame, saying this is advantage Bengals, and pounding Mixon.  Buffalo got screwed by their famous snow machine, again.  I had Allen all year, brother had Diggs, I told him the Winter weather in Buffalo makes me nervous.  Diggs left crying he didn't get the ball, it's not easy making 50yard catches trying to track a ball with snow in your face and slippery footing.

considering what the weather is always like this time of year, Buffalo needs to invest in a couple of players who have a reputation of performing well when the weather gets bad.

if the run game disappears when the weather gets bad, thats a problem.    Thats the one time you NEED your run game to work.

Seems like Buffalo has been trying to find a run game besides Allen since Allen has been their Qb.  

On 1/23/2023 at 7:25 PM, weepaws said:

Seems like Buffalo has been trying to find a run game besides Allen since Allen has been their Qb.  

Agree, and they never really committed to a running game either. Singletary would belt off a few good runs and then not see the ball again for a quarter. Very bad coaching in Buffalo. They rely solely on Allen for everything. 

I think they Buffalo hasn’t had that rb they need to commit more to the run game besides Allen.  

Singletary is nice, but I don’t think he’s the type of rb they can just load up on run after run play and be productive.