Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Atlanta police arrest 6 in night of chaos after violent protesters lit cop car ablaze, smashed windows

More "peaceful protests" by the looney left.

Atlanta police arrested at least six people after a peaceful protest Saturday erupted into a night of chaos and violence that included protesters smashing windows and setting a police vehicle on fire, the mayor said.

"Atlanta is safe and our police officers have resolved the disruptions downtown from earlier in the evening," City of Atlanta Mayor Andre Dickens said Saturday evening. 

"The City of Atlanta and the Atlanta Police Department will continue to protect the right to peaceful protest. We will not tolerate violence or property destruction," the mayor added.

Rioters in Atlanta also set off fireworks and threw rocks at the Atlanta Police Foundation Saturday evening, according FOX 5 Atlanta.

The protests began peacefully on Saturday before spiraling into chaotic riots, according to FOX 5. Over the span of several hours, destruction ensued through several blocks of the downtown area.

Protestors were angry about the death of 26-year-old Manuel Esteban Paez Teran, who was killed by police after he allegedly refused demands from authorities on Wednesday and fired a gun at state troopers at the site of the new Atlanta Public Safety Training Center.

The activist reportedly identified as a nonbinary person who went by the name Tortuguita ("little turtle" in Spanish) and used they/it pronouns. Protesters carried signs with Tortuguita's name on Saturday.

"An individual, without warning, shot a Georgia State Patrol trooper," Georgia Bureau of Investigations' Michael Register told reporters earlier this week. 

The Georgia State Patrol trooper, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, was shot in the abdomen. The law enforcement officer is in stable condition and is recovering from surgery. 

"Other law enforcement personnel returned fire in self-defense and evacuated the trooper to a safe area. The individual who fired upon law enforcement and shot the trooper was killed in the exchange of gunfire."

On Saturday, Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp spoke out against the riots, saying violence of any kind will not be tolerated. 

"While the state continues to respect peaceful protest, acts of violence against person or property will not be tolerated. Those committing such unlawful acts will be arrested and prosecuted fully," Kemp said.

Photos show the activists allegedly lit an Atlanta PD vehicle on fire in addition to targeting the Atlanta Police Foundation building.

The police car that was set ablaze has since been extinguished.

"Atlanta Police officers have responded to a group damaging property at several locations along Peachtree [Street]," the Atlanta PD said in a statement Saturday, according to Fox 5. Several arrests have been made at this time and order has been restored to the downtown space. This is still an active and ongoing investigation and we will not be able to provide specifics on arrests numbers or property damaged, at this time."

Caution tape also wrapped around several buildings including a Wells Fargo location that suffered several broken windows, photos at the scene show.

Activists had been camped out on an 85-acre planned facility known as "Cop City" in recent days to protest the planned training center. When Teran was shot and killed after authorities tried to remove the protesters from the plot of land on Wednesday, they vowed to continue their protests. 

A total of seven people were arrested and charged with domestic terrorism on Wednesday.

The Twitter account Scenes from the Atlanta Forest called for a "Night of Rage" to enact "reciprocal violence to be done to the police and their allies," according to a post.

"Consider this a call for reciprocal violence to be done to the police and their allies. On Friday, January 20th, wherever you are, you are invited to participate in a night of rage in order to honor the memory of our fallen comrade," the group wrote on Twitter, in an apparent violation of the platform’s terms and conditions.

Defend the Atlanta Forest held a vigil Wednesday evening at the Little Five Points Square to "memorialize the forest defender" that was "murdered by the police," it announced on Twitter.

"No one can bring our friend back to us. An innocent life has been taken and the machines continue," the group said.

"We will not go quietly into this dark night," it added.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/atlanta-police-arrest-night-chaos-violent-protesters-cop-car-smashed-windows

Rofl...shot at police and refused to cooperate.  Even more disturbing is that he used they/it pronounts and his street name was little turtle.

Mental Illness 101

3 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Rofl...shot at police and refused to cooperate.  Even more disturbing is that he used they/it pronounts and his street name was little turtle.

Mental Illness 101

I wonder if his street name was given to him after he showed his member to a female and she exclaimed as to what she saw stating the head emerging reminded her of her kid brothers little turtle in the bowl in his bedroom.

• Haha 1

Why do they even give lip service to this peaceful protest line? 

Shut up. None of it is peaceful. They are all dbags. 

2 hours ago, Tree of Knowledge said:

Mostly peaceful?

Yes. 

As usual in these situations you’ve got thousands of protestors. Maybe a few hundred engage in illegal thuggery (looting, smashing windows). And an even smaller handful engage in violent activity (setting fires, attacking police and others). By the time this happens, the vast majority of protestors, who were peaceful all along, have gone home. Rinse and repeat. 

By any reasonable definition, that’s mostly peaceful. Yet so many of you want to paint a broad brush. It’s unfair and unjust. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes. 

As usual in these situations you’ve got thousands of protestors. Maybe a few hundred engage in illegal thuggery (looting, smashing windows). And an even smaller handful engage in violent activity (setting fires, attacking police and others). By the time this happens, the vast majority of protestors, who were peaceful all along, have gone home. Rinse and repeat. 

By any reasonable definition, that’s mostly peaceful. Yet so many of you want to paint a broad brush. It’s unfair and unjust. 

JFK had a mostly peaceful trip to Dallas in 1963 

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yes. 

What are they even protesting. That yet another criminal got killed. Bfd. Comply don’t die. Seems to always be the case every single time in these situations. They they organize the mob. Supported by the dnc and destroy other peoples stuff. If you are protesting this focktards death you are complacent in the very least 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

What are they even protesting. That yet another criminal got killed. Bfd. Comply don’t die. Seems to always be the case every single time in these situations. They they organize the mob. Supported by the dnc and destroy other peoples stuff. If you are protesting this focktards death you are complacent in the very least 

See now you’re just making up crap. “Then they organize the mob”- who organizes it? Prove it. “Supported by the DNC”- that’s a lie. The Democratic, black mayor of Atlanta condemned the violence and vowed to prosecute. Why are you talking out of your a$$? 

Antifa better go back to their safe space in the PNW. Those southern boys ain’t having it. I hope no cops were hurt and as many protesters as possible were. Maybe a judge will send a message to them and the democrats. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Antifa better go back to their safe space in the PNW. Those southern boys ain’t having it. I hope no cops were hurt and as many protesters as possible were. Maybe a judge will send a message to them and the democrats. 

You hope as many protestors as possible were hurt. Nice sentiment. Not to mention your nonsense about ANTIFA and “the Democrats” GTFO of here. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

See now you’re just making up crap. “Then they organize the mob”- who organizes it? Prove it. “Supported by the DNC”- that’s a lie. The Democratic, black mayor of Atlanta condemned the violence and vowed to prosecute. Why are you talking out of your a$$? 

With all due respect the Democrats did lay the foundation for this to keep happening. From supporting BLM, to "Defund The Police" to the Wokeness BS, etc. 

And .... this is what you got. 

• Like 1

Cool let's play the afc championship there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

With all due respect the Democrats did lay the foundation for this to keep happening. From supporting BLM, to "Defund The Police" to the Wokeness BS, etc. 

And .... this is what you got. 

No. The Democrats as a party  have never condoned or called for violence. That’s just simply a lie. The Democrats support Black Lives Matter as a statement and an idea, but do not support the organization. The Democrats as a party have always been opposed to “Defund the Police”. And woke has nothing to do with this. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

No. The Democrats as a party  have never condoned or called for violence. That’s just simply a lie. The Democrats support Black Lives Matter as a statement and an idea, but do not support the organization. The Democrats as a party have always been opposed to “Defund the Police”. And woke has nothing to do with this. 

Wrong. Democratic Mayors sat on their hands as the riots were happening and all but encouraged it. Did you forget their "Defund The Police" crap DURING THE RIOTS? They were so scared of BLM, it was unbelievable. 

THEY LET THEIR OWN CITIES BURN. 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You hope as many protestors as possible were hurt. Nice sentiment. Not to mention your nonsense about ANTIFA and “the Democrats” GTFO of here. 

Yup.  That’s how you learn a lesson. Protest with the likes of Antifa? You deserve what you get and let it be a lesson. A billet upside the head may make these enablers of violence think twice.  

The left...the party of screaming at anyone who diagrees.....peaceful protests and who hates law and order.

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Rioters, not protesters. Get it right.

That's a typical Dem spin. 

4 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

The left...the party of screaming at anyone who diagrees.....peaceful protests and who hates law and order.

10 or 20 years from now, the left will insist that the parties had switched sides and that it was actually Republicans rioting, looting, murdering and perpetuating violence. :lol:

21 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Now do Jan. 6th.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Now do Jan. 6th.

💥 Boom! 

32 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I will believe it when I see it, the hoe vp bailed out rioters in the past

if you dont think Antifa communicates and organizes you are quite naive

I oppose these kinds of protests. Don’t throw rocks, vandalize, etc. But I find it hilarious that the same twits who called Jan 6 a tourist visit are outraged by this. Gimme a break.

You’re against violent protests or you’re not. It seems pretty simple to me.

I supported BLM protests, but not the idiots who used them as an excuse to smash windows, loot, or hurt others.

I disagree with, but have no problem with people marching on the mall to show support of Trump… but not the mob that beat up cops, bear-spraying them, smashing windows, and breaking into the Capitol.

If your protest is peaceful, even if I disagree, I support your right to do it. If your protest is violent, I oppose you even if we share the same cause.

The civil rights movement in the 60s was successful because black people were nonviolent and the white racists in the south responded with violence. It got on camera and everybody saw the evil. Segregation was gone soon thereafter. Peaceful protests are the answer. When you are violent, it ends up hurting your cause.

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I will believe it when I see it, the hoe vp bailed out rioters in the past

if you dont think Antifa communicates and organizes you are quite naive

Nearly all political violence comes from the left and libtards think there is no communication between the street and the suite

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I oppose these kinds of protests. Don’t throw rocks, vandalize, etc. But I find it hilarious that the same twits who called Jan 6 a tourist visit are outraged by this. Gimme a break.

I supported BLM protests, but not the idiots who used them as an excuse to smash windows, loot, or hurt others.

I disagree with, but have no problem with people marching on the mall to show support of Trump… but not the mob that beat up cops, bear-spraying them, smashing windows, and breaking into the Capitol.

If your protest is peaceful, even if I disagree, I support your right to do it. If your protest is violent, I oppose you even if we share the same cause.

The civil rights movement in the 60s was successful because black people were nonviolent and the white racists in the south responded with violence. It got on camera and everybody saw the evil. Segregation was gone soon thereafter. Peaceful protests are the answer. When you are violent, it ends up hurting your cause.

actually every single one of us have called for anyone who committed vandalism or injured someone to be punished

but we all know J6 was so horrendous they had to lie and still continue to lie to get their agenda followed

Just now, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

I oppose not only all riots, but ALL PROTESTS left, right and center

That’s just stupid. Everybody should just accept whatever the government does and never protest it?

3 minutes ago, dogcows said:

They have no idea what they’re talking about. They get this nonsense from Fox News and mindlessly accept it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dogcows said:

That’s just stupid. Everybody should just accept whatever the government does and never protest it?

did I say you couldn't?

I said I oppose them, but you do whatever you want, the minute you do ANY damage you lose all credibility

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

did I say you couldn't?

I said I oppose them, but you do whatever you want, the minute you do ANY damage you lose all credibility

I oppose you opposing them. And you’ve already lost all your credibility ever since you started calling yourself a centrist.

Nothing like a couple of cops on big ass horses going into a crowd of scumbags. Raining blows upon heads.