Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Divisional Round: Cowboys @ 49ers

Might as well start the last one I guess

Inactives

Cowboys: TE Peyton Hendershot, OT Jason Peters, QB Will Grier, LB Jabril Cox, CB Nahshon Wright, WR Jalen Tolbert, DT Quinton Bohanna

49ers: QB Jimmy Garoppolo, CB Ambry Thomas, DE Drake Jackson, RB Ty Davis-Price, TE Tyler Kroft, OL Nick Zakelj, DL Alex Barrett

Line: SF -3.5
Total: 46.5

13 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Tony Pollard carted to the locker room, Dak throwing INTs and no confidence in their kicker. Tough road for Dallas.

well, they are only down 3.

its not a disaster yet.   If the offense wakes up, they could still easily pull this off.

4 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Pollard officially ruled Out with an ankle injury.

yeah, but they have Zeke.  Zeke is a nice consolation prize.

Good no call on that McCaffery body slam in my opinion.  McCaffrey wanted to try and truck the DB through the whistle.  That opens you up to being thrown on the ground.

you know, for a low scoring game this is actually an entertaining game.  some big plays, but not a lot of scoring

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

I feel like Purdy has a pick in him.  

that pick almost just happened but the dallas defender dropped it

ouch bad penalties hurting the Cowboys on this drive

I have to feel  that if San Fran gets a TD on this drive Dallas will be done.  even so, they have killed an awful lot of time on this drive.

Here comes the lesson on why you don't pay average QBs like they're elite that the Giants won't heed.

49ers can pass on 1st down here with 5 seconds before the 2 minute warning.

2 minutes ago, nobody said:

49ers can pass on 1st down here with 5 seconds before the 2 minute warning.

Greg Olsen thinks me and Kyle Shananhan are really smart.  😊

If this was Brady, I'd think the Cowboys might actually have a chance.  He'd just throw 4 10 yard outs in 25 seconds 

I was hoping the cowboys hit the hail Mary just to see if they go for two or let him kick.

Lol, Dallas is about to do something stupid and get an illegal formation.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

That sucks, I was looking forward to the Birds beating up on the Cowboys next weekend. Unfortunately Dak can't win anything 

I've been beating this drum for some years.

I said the only reason Dak was a top QB statistically was because he was beating up on the horrible Defenses in the NFC East.   those years where his stats were fantastic, I think 3 of the 5 or 6 worst Defenses in the NFL were in the NFC East.  And he got to play them each twice.

if you look at his career,  he has a history of blowing up subpar defenses and then stinking the joint out against defenses that were decent. (there were a couple exceptions but mostly this is true across the board)

This year now that the NFC east is no longer the punching bag of the NFL his stats have regressed to where they should be.   in terms of fantasy points per game, hes a borderline QB1/QB2 for fantasy purposes.   but I'd rank him a bit lower because he seems to get injured a lot.

I've got nothing against the guy, but I do feel the Cowboys overpaid for his services at the time of his last contract based on the stats accrued against those punching bag defenses previously mentioned.

I suppose given where QB salaries have gone since, hes not looking that terrible but I still think if you are paying full market value for a starting QB they need to be top 5 or 6 for you to be getting your moneys worth.   I guess thats the lesson here.

He just wasnt able to perform today.   not to take anything away from the San Fran D.  they played well, but there were a couple plays where if Dak was on the money with his throw, this game would have been different.   That part is on him.

1 hour ago, shovelheadt said:

Best 4 teams made it through 

Amen

Niners future bet lives on for at least one more game.  

Tough news about Pollard.  

7 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I've got nothing against the guy, but I do feel the Cowboys overpaid for his services at the time of his last contract based on the stats accrued against those punching bag defenses previously mentioned.

I suppose given where QB salaries have gone since, hes not looking that terrible but I still think if you are paying full market value for a starting QB they need to be top 5 or 6 for you to be getting your moneys worth.   I guess thats the lesson here.

He just wasnt able to perform today.   not to take anything away from the San Fran D.  they played well, but there were a couple plays where if Dak was on the money with his throw, this game would have been different.   That part is on him.

Very true. He's a super nice starting QB but doesn't have the IT factor. He can only lead a team so far. We've seen it time and time again, he's just not a big game QB. 

How many times have the Cowboys been picked to win the division and do squat? 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

How many times have the Cowboys been picked to win the division and do squat? 

maybe this isnt the example you were looking for.   Cowboys have won the division a fair number of times and when they havent, Dak was injured.

but then again, the bar is (and has been) very low.    up until this year, (and arguably last year) the NFC east was filled with teams that were horrible on so many levels.   so when they won, they were the best of a bad lot.

to truly rate the cowboys, you needed to filter out those NFC east games (as the Cowboys usually ran the table on those guys) and look at the non division games to compare apples to apples.   when you do that and look at average stats, Dak was okay but not really anything special.   he just racked up the stats against the New Yorks, the Washingtons, and Philly.   6 games against the leagues punching bags.   

filter those games out and his stats were not nearly as impressive.

statistically for a period of 2-3 years Dak had the easiest schedule of any starting QB's in terms of pass defenses and for the most part, it wasnt that close.   He also had the best O line in football for a couple of those years.

now that the O line is not what it once was and the divisional games are actually no longer cakewalks......   his stats have now regressed to the average.

Hes a slightly above average starter.   Thats what he is.

and you are right.  he does not have the IT factor.   it shows when he plays a tough defense.

That said, the Boys are in a position thats not great.   Daks contract is hefty and they wont be able to  unload it.   and honestly hes not been bad to a point where they wanna cut him.  Hes been okay.  Just good enough.

But hes now also getting to a point in his career where hes starting to get injured.   I know hes only 29 so its too early to hit the panic button, but It is something else to keep an eye on with him.

50 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

But hes now also getting to a point in his career where hes starting to get injured.   I know hes only 29 so its too early to hit the panic button, but It is something else to keep an eye on with him.

Good stuff. I agree, he's a different QB now.