Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Official NFC Championship Thread: 49ers @ Eagles

I'd open this as Eagles -3.  

I just checked and it opened at Eagles -2.  Such disrespect!

4 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'd open this as Eagles -3.  

I just checked and it opened at Eagles -2.  Such disrespect!

It's actually gone up. Opened at 1.5 

Over/Under 45.5 🤔

Kinda like the under

I think this has the potential to be the best matchup of the playoffs.

whether it turns out that way remains to be seen, but It looks pretty even in a lot of respects.

though I really do love the line in Philly.   San Fran wont be able to manhandle these guys like they do to so many O lines out there.

If the Philly O line holds, I think I will give them the edge

apparently this is a rematch for these 2 QB's.

apparently they played against each other in college 

Oklahoma 42, Iowa State 41

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401112092

I don’t think it’s go8 g to be that great of a contest, I think Eagles win by double digits. 

I was thinking the Eagles easily here, but now that everyone is on the Eagles, it's making me think the 49ers are going to win.

57 minutes ago, nobody said:

I was thinking the Eagles easily here, but now that everyone is on the Eagles, it's making me think the 49ers are going to win.

I like the coaching in San Fran.

I think Hurts is better than Purdy.   But I like Purdy's Receivers/TE's better

Philly O line is really good but so Is the line in San Fran.  Both Defenses outstanding.

San Fran's run game is a bit better I think but it is close.

it may come down to who is better on that particular day.

Better than A Brown and D Smith?  Mmm I would disagree, I like Eagles def Vs the Niners offense.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Better than A Brown and D Smith?  Mmm I would disagree, I like Eagles def Vs the Niners offense.  

its close but I'd rather have Deebo Aiyuk and kittle  than  AJ, Devonta Smith and Goedert.

thanks

• Like 1

I think it’s close, good playmakers, but A Brown i think is a top seven wr, I think D Smith is a top 12 based on talent.  

Samuel is a good playmaker, but he’s performed at par this season.  

I would take the Eagles triplets. 

But I like the Eagles def over the Niners def in this contest.  I’ll take Hurts Vs the Niners def over the rookie on the road NFC title on the line Vs a very good Eagles def. 

Based on my future bet I made on the Niners before the season I want them the Niners to win, but just don’t think so. 

Welcome   

14 hours ago, nobody said:

I think it is a good matchup.  And I understand the rookie QB in the spotlight on the road angle.  

But generally joe public goes off what they last saw.   Much of the public liked the Giants to cover or possibly beat the Eagles.  Giants were a public underdog.  Those same people now think the Eagles are unstoppable.   

Eagles in in a blowout.  9ers win a slugfest.  This always translates to....Eagles win this game in the public's eyes.  Because it is what they last saw.  

7 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

I think it is a good matchup.  And I understand the rookie QB in the spotlight on the road angle.  

But generally joe public goes off what they last saw.   Much of the public liked the Giants to cover or possibly beat the Eagles.  Giants were a public underdog.  Those same people now think the Eagles are unstoppable.   

Eagles in in a blowout.  9ers win a slugfest.  This always translates to....Eagles win this game in the public's eyes.  Because it is what they last saw.  

This same thing should apply to the Bengals then.... Cincy was biggest public dog of the weekend.  Won convincingly and now the road favorite.  Tread carefully.... 

23 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

This same thing should apply to the Bengals then.... Cincy was biggest public dog of the weekend.  Won convincingly and now the road favorite.  Tread carefully.... 

It certainly can.  But I think Mahomes injury has a lot to do with money coming in on Cincy.  If he is compromised at all, then that is a game changer.

The injury to Mahomes killed the M/L , that was going to be a an easy win.  

46 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

It certainly can.  But I think Mahomes injury has a lot to do with money coming in on Cincy.  If he is compromised at all, then that is a game changer.

it is.   part of what makes Mahomes so dangerous is the fact he can run the ball, or stretch out plays until someone can get open.

his inability to run will make him like most QB's.   obviously he has other skills but the gap is not as large when his ability to run is hindered.

It'll definitely be a defensive slugfest with the edge to Philly. 9ers need to figure out how to stop the deep throws which could be a game killer for them. Seems like everybody's on the Eagles and rightfully so given the stats they put up this year. Noners need to play the game of their life to win which is possible. If the defense can slow Philly down some and keep it low scoring we have a shot to win it it. Not giving up on my 49ers but there in a tough spot. I still like them to come out on top with a FG by Gould with under a minute left

EAGLES-  21

49ERS-   23

On 1/24/2023 at 4:23 AM, weepaws said:

I think it’s close, good playmakers, but A Brown i think is a top seven wr, I think D Smith is a top 12 based on talent.  

Samuel is a good playmaker, but he’s performed at par this season.  

I would take the Eagles triplets. 

But I like the Eagles def over the Niners def in this contest.  I’ll take Hurts Vs the Niners def over the rookie on the road NFC title on the line Vs a very good Eagles def. 

Based on my future bet I made on the Niners before the season I want them the Niners to win, but just don’t think so. 

Welcome   

To bad you didn't win any money this year in ff to bet on the game ..Athwell perhaps draft a te and qb next year 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gcmmidwest said:

To bad you didn't win any money this year in ff to bet on the game ..Athwell perhaps draft a te and qb next year 

How much is your house payment, I’ll cover it for you, and then you can feed those kids of yours.  

I draft a Qb and TE every season , it’s a must.  But I’m working on making the TE slot not a necessary in my main league. So next season on that league I hope I won’t be drafting a TE.  

Thanks.  

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

How much is your house payment, I’ll cover it for you, and then you can feed those kids of yours.  

I draft a Qb and TE every season , it’s a must.  But I’m working on making the TE slot not a necessary in my main league. So next season on that league I hope I won’t be drafting a TE.  

Thanks.  

Thax but my 7 properties are paid for 

4 hours ago, gcmmidwest said:

Thax but my 7 properties are paid for 

His trailer, his pickup, his computer, his shotgun, his dog, his overalls, and his MAGA hat.

j/k

• Haha 1

On 1/23/2023 at 3:30 PM, nobody said:

Maybe the best o-line and d-line in football.  Hard to go against that. 

Inactives -

49ers: QB Jimmy Garoppolo, CB Ambry Thomas, OL Nick Zakelj, DE Drake Jackson, TE Ross Dwelley, RB Ty Davis-Price, RB Elijah Mitchell

Eagles: QB Ian Book, CB Josiah Scott, RB Trey Sermon, S Anthony Harris, LB Kyron Johnson, OL Josh Sills

Line: PHI -3.0
Total: 45.5

One of the best playoff catches I’ve ever seen by DeVonta Smith!

That was a fumble by Purdy.  Looks like the horseshoe may have fell out of the butt.

Can't imagine what the announcers think is promising about Purdy standing there with ice or whatever that is on his elbow.