Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Hack Prescott - Same amount of career playoff wins as Tony Romo and Brock Purdy

:doh: 

I would take Dak over Josh Allen. 

• Haha 3

I think he's generally a pretty good guy. At least he seems that way. But he's sure endured his share of physical and other hardships. 

It's just unfortunate. But at this point, I think we've seen the best out of him. 

By the way, because these apparently can't go 5 minutes without saying something stupid, Skip Bayless believes that Cooper Rush would beat the niners.

15 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

By the way, because these apparently can't go 5 minutes without saying something stupid, Skip Bayless believes that Cooper Rush would beat the niners.

Those guys get paid a lot of money to talk for 4 hours, 3 with commercials.  I can't go a day without typing something stupid at fft

4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I can't go a day without typing something stupid at fft

We've been meaning to talk to you about that Ed.  Got a minute?

Dak led the NFL in interceptions.  Also threw 2 more vs the 49ers.

I think if we properly penalized QBs in fantasy for throwing a pick, it would be easier to spot who are consistently the best and worst. 

Generally...its the players around you that contribute greatly to being a great QB. 

Dilfer and McMahon have more SB wins than Marino.  That retard in Miami found a way to ##### it up every season.  Marino has as many SB win's  the Vikings. 

Dak has great numbers in his career,  But, last half the season...he played poorly.  Upppp....dowwwwwn....upppp....downnnn.... 13 wins on season.... not a lot of teams/QBs had that. 

I call a spade a spade.  I won't poke with ridiculous sinister arguments unless poked first. 

Random thoughts....

I thought Dak was one of weaker links for Dallas the latter half of season.  I don't think he reads defense well. I think he throws to the "proper" target about 60% of the time.

He didn't have Pollard 2nd half.  That hurts.

There are about 6 elite QB's in the NFL, that are non-tradable, non-negotiable bonafide studs. Dak isn't one.   Neither are about 26 other starting QBs.

Getting rid of Amari Cooper hurt. 

Elliot and McCarthy should be gone this year.

Pollard and Dak after next year. 

Dallas should draft RB in the 1st round this year.

I could see Jimmy Garappolo on Cowboy's roster.

If Tony Romo was QB (on this year's roster and in his 'prime") they beat SF easily.

Romo one of the most underrated QB's. 

Bradshaw was a superior QB.  He won 4 SB's for his team.  The fact he threw for 50% career completion % and had a 1-1 TD-INT ratio doesn't matter. He won those SB's.  He had his eye on the prize and stayed focused in the playoffs and he decided that no one was gonna stop him from winning 4 Superbowls for his team. And he did it.  That took courage. 

Dak is probably at the back end of the Top 10 QBs in the NFL. The problem is that he’s overpaid and doesn’t have any upside anymore. He’s also getting worse.

Dak was so mad after Sunday's loss that he threw his helmet ..

it was intercepted.

also Elvis Grbac.

Grbac was the Chiefs starter for a few years of the 1990s.  The Ravens won the super bowl in 2000 in spite of Trent Dilfer and then signed Grbac as a free agent.  That was supposed to make the Ravens unstoppable as he threw 22/15 and 28/14 in the two prior seasons.  Instead he was a huge bust.  It was akin to Wilson busting for the Broncos.  Grbac did beat the Dolphins in the playoffs that year, but threw more interceptions than touchdowns on the season.  It was so bad, the Ravens cut him and he retired.  They rolled with former Bengal QB Jeff Blake and then it was the Kyle Boller "era".

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

also Elvis Grbac.

Grbac was the Chiefs starter for a few years of the 1990s.  The Ravens won the super bowl in 2000 in spite of Trent Dilfer and then signed Grbac as a free agent.  That was supposed to make the Ravens unstoppable as he threw 22/15 and 28/14 in the two prior seasons.  Instead he was a huge bust.  It was akin to Wilson busting for the Broncos.  Grbac did beat the Dolphins in the playoffs that year, but threw more interceptions than touchdowns on the season.  It was so bad, the Ravens cut him and he retired.  They rolled with former Bengal QB Jeff Blake and then it was the Kyle Boller "era".

You do well talking football .. you should stay away from the political stuff where you don't do nearly as well.

16 minutes ago, kozmiq said:

You do well talking football .. you should away from the political stuff where you don't do nearly as well.

rofl

Dak was one dropped int from that game being a blowout. Should've been 3 picks. He's overated bigly. That D played legit as all getout for him. 

So I assume everyone perfectly fine with the fact that Kittle was ineligible to catch a pass on the 49ers game winning drive, and he indeed did catch a pass. Instead of a 10 yd penalty, it was a 30 yd gain ...a net difference of 40yds.

49er fans all over saying "so what, boo hoo, illegal doesn't matter" and "so what, we woulda converted next play"

Everyone agree?

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Dak was one dropped int from that game being a blowout. Should've been 3 picks. He's overated bigly. That D played legit as all getout for him. 

And Dallas didn't drop any INTs?   Dak also...but lets at least be honest.

SF was one illegal play away from the game being tied, and giving Dallas the ball back with ample time left.   But I get, illegal plays don't count sometimes, depending on which angle you are taking or who you are criticizing. 

1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So I assume everyone perfectly fine with the fact that Kittle was ineligible to catch a pass on the 49ers game winning drive, and he indeed did catch a pass. Instead of a 10 yd penalty, it was a 30 yd gain ...a net difference of 40yds.

49er fans all over saying "so what, boo hoo, illegal doesn't matter" and "so what, we woulda converted next play"

Everyone agree?

We could do this allllllllllllll day. Bosa held on every focking play with no calls ring a bell? 

1 minute ago, tubby_mcgee said:

And Dallas didn't drop any INTs?   Dak also...but lets at least be honest.

SF was one illegal play away from the game being tied, and giving Dallas the ball back with ample time left.   But I get, illegal plays don't count sometimes, depending on which angle you are taking or who you are criticizing. 

It was a tipped ball. Daks was not. HUGE differnence when bashing on a qb for a pick. 

7 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

We could do this allllllllllllll day. Bosa held on every focking play with no calls ring a bell? 

No we couldn't.  There are holding plays all game long.  Those are all judgement.

An illegal man DOWN FIELD isn't judgment.  Just like 12 men on the field isn't judgement.   So the ball was tipped THEN he went downfield you're saying? Uhhhh....you better re-watch it.  He ran downfield.  LOL.  THEN he caught it.

Huuuuge difference. 

So you're saying 12 men on the field is a judgement call, the same as holding? LOL!!!!!!

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Dak is probably at the back end of the Top 10 QBs in the NFL. The problem is that he’s overpaid and doesn’t have any upside anymore. He’s also getting worse.

I would agree he is somewhere near the back end of top 10.   You can win SB's with that (Bradshaw, Dilfer, McMahon, Foles, etc) but you need more help. 

8 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

It was a tipped ball. Daks was not. HUGE differnence when bashing on a qb for a pick. 

Additionally, one one of Daks, the WR didn't make any effort to come back to the ball, he stop, turned and waited.  DB did the same thing...except he kept running the route. That was Gallup.  I'm not saying Dak anywhere near an elite QB, I'm saying that depending on what side you wanna take, you can really push an argument one way or another. 

Example: Bradshaw was a way better QB than Peyton Manning.  He won 4 SBs.  Manning didn't even come close to that.  Manning simply squandered to many big games away because he was a bundle of nerves.  It's easy to spin things. 

It's Dak's worst year for interceptions.  That doesn't define his career.  He could fix the issue next season.

6 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

So you're saying 12 men on the field is a judgement call, the same as holding? LOL!!!!!!

Semantics. Judgement calls are MUCH more impactful on the game. 

3 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Additionally, one one of Daks, the WR didn't make any effort to come back to the ball, he stop, turned and waited.  DB did the same thing...except he kept running the route. That was Gallup.  I'm not saying Dak anywhere near an elite QB, I'm saying that depending on what side you wanna take, you can really push an argument one way or another. 

Example: Bradshaw was a way better QB than Peyton Manning.  He won 4 SBs.  Manning didn't even come close to that.  Manning simply squandered to many big games away because he was a bundle of nerves.  It's easy to spin things. 

Lots of things need to be taken into consideration. Daks 3 picks were on Dak. He lost the game. The D sure as hell didn't. No int's and Dallas beats the NIners. That's how well Dallas D played. I was pissed and impressed all at the same time watching Dallas defense "shut down" the niners

15 minutes ago, tubby_mcgee said:

I would agree he is somewhere near the back end of top 10.   You can win SB's with that (Bradshaw, Dilfer, McMahon, Foles, etc) but you need more help. 

Yep. But it’s really tough to build a SB winning roster around that type of QB when he’s making Dak type $. And Jerruh is 80 so he doesn’t have time to rebuild. Every year is “our year!” Lol.

4 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Semantics. Judgement calls are MUCH more impactful on the game. 

Lol. 

I've at least called a spade a spade a spade.  You've tip toed and spun and yah buts.  

He couldn't go out for pass. Ineligible.  If the center runs downfield....no one covers him.  He's fodder.  

Kittle was fodder. Except the referees decided he wasn't.  

Interference, holding even neutral zone ...or ball spots...or a catch  "Was it or wasn't it" .  Often, even the paid announcers are split on whether it was or wasn't.

Do you think ANY ....ANY announcer would say "well from this angle...he's an eligible receiver"? Answer that. With one word.  But you won't. You'll liberal-up your answer. 

So you're saying that maybe Kittle wasn't down field ? Or you're saying NFL rules say that ineligible receivers are eligible ?

It was a VERY easy call ...a very easy game changing non- call.

It is no different than if on 4th and goal from the 1 with 2 seconds remaining in the game, a team trots out 13 players on offense and runs it in for a TD.  If that happened ...you'd be sitting here defending it "well uhh... semantics... And well uh...from this camera angle this guy is hidden by that guy and ....so ..if you close your eyes and imagine really hard, it appears as though there is only 11 guys" 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

Yep. But it’s really tough to build a SB winning roster around that type of QB when he’s making Dak type $. And Jerruh is 80 so he doesn’t have time to rebuild. Every year is “our year!” Lol.

Every year is 50% of the teams in the NFL "year".  But at the end ...it's only one team's year.   Same for eagles ...same for Vikes... Same for everyone who is a contender or on a bit streak.  Eagles are still alive.  Maybe it is their year. I bet all 4 teams that are left...are thinking "this is our year". 

Jerry is a big part of the problem, imo.  He hires folks that  ...imo lack a sense of urgency and lack attention to detail.  

It's 2023. Most coaches now are soft anyway ...because most players are soft. 

The kind of coach I envision...I don't know if they are around any more. Disciplinarians. Hard asses. Jimmy Johnson once told a player something like "the asthma field is over there" and pointed to some other parking lot or something.  Today ...if you said that ...the player would start crying and the coach would be forced to taken sensitivity training. 

And on a side note...I'm sick of folks every time their team loses a close game ...they cry "rigged" or "the fix is in".  Happens allllll the time now. 

It probably isn't fixed. Too many moving parts.  Only way would be refs. Even then...very unlikely. 

If it's rigged ...then stop watching it. Or....accept it for what you think it is.  Folks that watch pro-wrestling know it's staged ... They accept it.  Do the same or quit. 

6 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Every year is 50% of the teams in the NFL "year".  But at the end ...it's only one team's year.   Same for eagles ...same for Vikes... Same for everyone who is a contender or on a bit streak.  Eagles are still alive.  Maybe it is their year. I bet all 4 teams that are left...are thinking "this is our year". 

Jerry is a big part of the problem, imo.  He hires folks that  ...imo lack a sense of urgency and lack attention to detail.  

It's 2023. Most coaches now are soft anyway ...because most players are soft. 

The kind of coach I envision...I don't know if they are around any more. Disciplinarians. Hard asses. Jimmy Johnson once told a player something like "the asthma field is over there" and pointed to some other parking lot or something.  Today ...if you said that ...the player would start crying and the coach would be forced to taken sensitivity training. 

And on a side note...I'm sick of folks every time their team loses a close game ...they cry "rigged" or "the fix is in".  Happens allllll the time now. 

It probably isn't fixed. Too many moving parts.  Only way would be refs. Even then...very unlikely. 

If it's rigged ...then stop watching it. Or....accept it for what you think it is.  Folks that watch pro-wrestling know it's staged ... They accept it.  Do the same or quit. 

I don’t disagree with you on much of anything here. I think Jerry drafts pretty well but he falls in love with his guys and makes bad decisions because of it. I’m thinking of Garrett sticking around so long and Zeke’s contract. McCarthy was just a bad hire and he’s a bad coach.

7 hours ago, tubby_mcgee said:

Lol. 

I've at least called a spade a spade a spade.  You've tip toed and spun and yah buts.  

He couldn't go out for pass. Ineligible.  If the center runs downfield....no one covers him.  He's fodder.  

Kittle was fodder. Except the referees decided he wasn't.  

Interference, holding even neutral zone ...or ball spots...or a catch  "Was it or wasn't it" .  Often, even the paid announcers are split on whether it was or wasn't.

Do you think ANY ....ANY announcer would say "well from this angle...he's an eligible receiver"? Answer that. With one word.  But you won't. You'll liberal-up your answer. 

So you're saying that maybe Kittle wasn't down field ? Or you're saying NFL rules say that ineligible receivers are eligible ?

It was a VERY easy call ...a very easy game changing non- call.

It is no different than if on 4th and goal from the 1 with 2 seconds remaining in the game, a team trots out 13 players on offense and runs it in for a TD.  If that happened ...you'd be sitting here defending it "well uhh... semantics... And well uh...from this camera angle this guy is hidden by that guy and ....so ..if you close your eyes and imagine really hard, it appears as though there is only 11 guys" 

Wait, what's the theory here on Kittle being an inelligible receiver?