Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

California Democrats consider wealth tax — including for people who moved out of state

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

And Trump’s tax plan made this even worse.

We need a wealth tax. Bezos should not be paying less tax than a barista.

I don’t know if you’re aware, but the democrats had the White House and congress the last two years. Did they do anything? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dogcows said:

And Trump’s tax plan made this even worse.

We need a wealth tax. Bezos should not be paying less tax than a barista.

We need to drastically cut government

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dogcows said:

And Trump’s tax plan made this even worse.

We need a wealth tax. Bezos should not be paying less tax than a barista.

TRUMP!!! :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Bezos should not be paying less tax than a barista.

Ignorance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't this literally 'Taxation Without Representation'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Isn't this literally 'Taxation Without Representation'?

They could get around that by still allowing you to vote for in-state government offices.  Otherwise, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Drizzay said:

Isn't this literally 'Taxation Without Representation'?

Which I don't believe is illegal?   Is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t know if you’re aware, but the democrats had the White House and congress the last two years. Did they do anything? 

The Senator from West Virginia would not allow them to raise taxes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

The Senator from West Virginia would not allow them to raise taxes. 

Which, of course, made Kamala Harris' tie breaking vote in the Senate irrelevant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Which I don't believe is illegal?   Is it?

We do it to working minors, do we not, or do they get the entirety refunded if they fill out a tax return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

The Senator from West Virginia would not allow them to raise taxes. 

So why the crying about Trump still? Can’t help It I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Drizzay said:

Isn't this literally 'Taxation Without Representation'?

That applies to residents of the District of Columbia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like California is desperate. Nice job Newsome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Sounds like California is desperate. Nice job Newsome. 

I saw Newsome drinking a pina colada at Trader Vics, and his hair was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dogcows said:

That applies to residents of the District of Columbia.

And California...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I saw Newsome drinking a pina colada at Trader Vics, and his hair was perfect.

Trader Vic’s isn’t there anymore. Really sad, I used to enjoy the food. They had marrow steak there, really good. 
 

All the old famous restaurants in Hollywood/Beverly Hills are closed or closing. One of the only classics left is Musso and Frank on Hollywood Blvd. Over 100 years old and the prime rib is still superb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Trader Vic’s isn’t there anymore. Really sad, I used to enjoy the food. They had marrow steak there, really good. 
 

All the old famous restaurants in Hollywood/Beverly Hills are closed or closing. One of the only classics left is Musso and Frank on Hollywood Blvd. Over 100 years old and the prime rib is still superb. 

Why are they closing? Too many homeless dope fiends? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why are they closing? Too many homeless dope fiends? 

Yep. There is no question about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a moment for Democrats to reflect. They are chasing productive people away and that should bother them. Clearly they only care about how they can suckle from the productive, and are looking for ways to feed their programs.

What they do not realize, as in standard liberal short-sightedness, is that they are also ruining their future and not just the present.

If I am thinking about starting a new business I would assiduously avoid California. 
They just need to stop hating the successful and instead work WITH them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RLLD said:

This is a moment for Democrats to reflect. They are chasing productive people away and that should bother them. Clearly they only care about how they can suckle from the productive, and are looking for ways to feed their programs.

What they do not realize, as in standard liberal short-sightedness, is that they are also ruining their future and not just the present.

If I am thinking about starting a new business I would assiduously avoid California. 
They just need to stop hating the successful and instead work WITH them

weve already seen what happens with the rust belt region. 

1.  southern cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, etc. adopted right-to-work rules to attract businesses.
2.  business in the rust belt like Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Buffalo called upon civic leaders to relax union regulations so they can stay in those cities.
3.  democrat leaders in the rust belt refused.
4.  business uprooted and moved south to Atlanta, Charlotte, etc.
5.  residents uprooted and followed the jobs south.
6.  democrat leaders in the rust belt shrugged because the remaining people were so leftist that they refused to vote out the democrats.
7.  the rust belt entered a great decline for 5-6 decades and no civic leaders cared, just kept stuffing their wallets and pieholes.

politicians exist to win elections.  chasing away productive people does not hurt the democrats odds of winning elections.  it actually can help them as republicans flee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×