Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Mark Hamill facing cancel culture wrath for liking 'transphobic' JK Rowling tweet

Poor liberals. Even other liberals don't like them. :lol: :banana:

Some LGBTQ fans of Hamill demanded he unfollow Rowling on the platform

Legendary "Star Wars" actor and prominent Hollywood liberal Mark Hamill is in hot water on Twitter for having recently liked a tweet posted by J.K. Rowling. The "Harry Potter" author has, for years, been facing the wrath of cancel culture due to tweets repeatedly saying that biological sex is not a social construct.

Now, Hamill, the 71-year-old actor who played Luke Skywalker in the "Star Wars" series of movies, found himself the target of an internet firestorm for merely liking a cheeky comment from Rowling on Twitter.

The row began on Sunday when Rowling responded to a provocative tweet aimed at her from India Willoughby, the U.K.’s first "transgender newsreader."

Willoughby, who was born a biological male, wrote, "I’m more of a woman than J.K. Rowling ever will be." Rowling, who is a biological woman, quote tweeted Willoughby’s post and commented, "Citation needed," a snarky suggestion that there is no evidence behind Willoughby’s claims.

No stranger to angering LGBTQ/trans activists, Rowling has made a series of online comments that have earned her the scorn of liberals who consider her "transphobic." The anger over Rowling’s posts has most recently prompted some "Harry Potter" fans to boycott the latest video game based on her fantasy novels.

The big news to come out of this situation was actor Hamill, a Hollywood personality almost as well known for his liberal tweets as his "Star Wars" screen time, liking Rowling’s "Citation needed" post.

Eagle-eyed users spotted the "like" on Hamill’s Twitter page and began slamming the actor for supporting what some called Rowling's "transphobic hate crusade."

Twitter account @MasteroftheTDS shared an image of compiled tweets ripping into Hamill for the "like." One asked, "@MarkHamill why are you hitting the ‘like’ button for JKR’s transphobic hate crusade?"

Another asked, "Hey @Mark Hamill you know this tweet [is] transphobic right? Please tell me it wasn’t intentional."

One user even asked if Hamill could unfollow Rowling, stating, "@MarkHamill as one of your many transgender fans could you please unfollow JK Rowling?"

In response to Willoughby tweeting about British comedian Ricky Gervais "liking" Rowling’s comeback, yet another user alerted Willoughby that "@MarkHamill liked it too."

Willoughby responded by saying, "Disappointing, but what can you do?"

Hollywood and entertainment culture outlet "We Got This Covered" devoted an entire article to Hamill’s "like," writing, "Considering how often Hamill has been seen as a progressive icon and an LGBTQ+ ally, it’s disconcerting to see him (as well as many, many other big names) continue to allow Rowling’s opinion the time of day and also seems to support it."

The site alerted readers with this worried headline, "We regret to inform you Mark Hamill has liked one of J.K. Rowling’s transphobic tweets."

The outlet noted how Hamill has allegedly liked one of the author’s "problematic and downright transphobic tweets" in the past. The piece added, "Hopefully, it’s all just a big mistake, but Hamill should know better."

Former DC Comics creator and conservative Twitter user Ethan Van Sciver hammered the woke reaction, tweeting, "Trans person viciously slanders the beautiful, feminine, wise and talented @jk_rowling for no particular reason. JK says ‘prove it’ and Mark Hamill hits LIKE. Now vicious, mentally ill scum are targeting Hamill. I hope he can squirm his way out of this temporary bout of sanity!"

The title of your thread is “Mark Hamil facing cancel culture wrath.” Yet your article linked, while quoting people who are critical of Hamil, doesn’t offer any evidence of anyone trying to cancel him. Which sort of argues against your point. 

• Sad 1

Good. He’s another Fockin four year old foot stomping and shaking his rattle about Trump! 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

The title of your thread is “Mark Hamil facing cancel culture wrath.” Yet your article linked, while quoting people who are critical of Hamil, doesn’t offer any evidence of anyone trying to cancel him. Which sort of argues against your point. 

thats exactly how they try to cancel someone.  the woke collectively rage at someone to try to get them unpersoned.

Latest from Mark Hamill on this:

nN8W4gNb_bigger.jpg

What I "liked" about this exchange was someone speaking their truth to power. Twitter is, unfortunately, no place for nuance. It's imperative I make this abundantly clear: I support human rights for EVERYONE, regardless of their gender identity, PERIOD.

The tactic of labeling any opposition with some dark term is a standard leftist tactic, and is clearly effective.

I applaud Rowling for having a point of view and standing by it, despite the efforts by the leftist mob to ruin her.

I also applaud the trans person for standing up for what they believe in. 

My guess is that they both might see each other in the same way. Rowling a position, to the tranny, likely feels like a kind of attack…..and so the tranny responds “in kind”.

I might not agree with how someone else chooses to live. That does not mean I have a “phobia” or am hateful or anything of the kind….I just have a different point of view.

Has Rowling attempted to silence or cancel any trans person, as has been done to her?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, squistion said:
Latest from Mark Hamill on this:

nN8W4gNb_bigger.jpg

What I "liked" about this exchange was someone speaking their truth to power. Twitter is, unfortunately, no place for nuance. It's imperative I make this abundantly clear: I support human rights for EVERYONE, regardless of their gender identity, PERIOD.

Their truth!  READ THAT LIBERALS!  Their truth NOT the truth.

Bwahahahahahahahaahah

I always thought he was gay.  Who knew?  And frankly, who cares?  Imagine getting ones panties bunched over what a passe celebrity tweets.  What a world, what a world, what a ...

I have no dog in this fight.  I find it disappointing, however, that no one cares to mention that Rowling’s womanhood is the subject of an unprovoked insult from a stranger.  Are the LGBTQs really OK with that?

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

The tactic of labeling any opposition with some dark term is a standard leftist tactic, and is clearly effective.

I applaud Rowling for having a point of view and standing by it, despite the efforts by the leftist mob to ruin her.

I also applaud the trans person for standing up for what they believe in. 

My guess is that they both might see each other in the same way. Rowling a position, to the tranny, likely feels like a kind of attack…..and so the tranny responds “in kind”.

I might not agree with how someone else chooses to live. That does not mean I have a “phobia” or am hateful or anything of the kind….I just have a different point of view.

Has Rowling attempted to silence or cancel any trans person, as has been done to her?

Trans is mental illness so…..

So, if I say to a trans-female, "I am more woman than you are..." it's transphobic? Because I have biologically female chromosomes and a vagina? And they have biologically male chromosomes and still have a ? I am the one who is trans-phobic and will be called names? 

This is part of the LGBTQ world that doesn't make sense to me. I am not phobic of trans people. 

I am not required to participate in your delusion.  If you are non-obnoxious to me I will throw you the bone of not referring to your beliefs as delusional but will instead call it your reality or truth.  If that angers someone to the point they seek to cancel me they may find out that effort will prove unsatisfying.

Snowflakes can't cancel the certain, the resolute, or the callous since snowflakes have demonstrated they can be harmed by words and the callous, not so much.

16 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

So, if I say to a trans-female, "I am more woman than you are..." it's transphobic? Because I have biologically female chromosomes and a vagina? And they have biologically male chromosomes and still have a ? I am the one who is trans-phobic and will be called names? 

This is part of the LGBTQ world that doesn't make sense to me. I am not phobic of trans people. 

You absolutely nailed it. 

Someone needs to break it to them, YOU'RE NOT A WOMAN!!!!. They are a man with fake knockers. These people are seriously sick and need help. 

2 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

You’re all woman.

If you tell a guy in a dress that you’re more woman than he is, you’re a hater.  If he tell you he’s more woman than you, he’s empowered and brave.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

You’re all woman.

You know it. ;)

I like how some randos saying “please tell me this was unintentional” and “Mr. Hamill, please stop following JK Rowling” is CANCEL CULTURE WRATH!

You’ve got no business being on Twitter if you can’t handle somebody you don’t even know disagreeing with your opinion. I’m not saying Hamill can’t. I’m talking about the little girls who think this cancelling.

Grow a pair.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

I like how some randos saying “please tell me this was unintentional” and “Mr. Hamill, please stop following JK Rowling” is CANCEL CULTURE WRATH!

You’ve got no business being on Twitter if you can’t handle somebody you don’t even know disagreeing with your opinion. I’m not saying Hamill can’t. I’m talking about the little girls who think this cancelling.

Grow a pair.

Great post! 

Shouldn't he be in jail.  Good lord, he like a post from an author who sold a billion books. 

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Grow a pair.

Grow a brain.   People are just pointing out the stupidity of people on your side.

35 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Grow a brain.   People are just pointing out the stupidity of people on your side.

I’m sorry Twitter randos said mean things to Luke Skywalker. :( 

10 hours ago, TheNewGirl said:

I saw where they are tryin to cancel Aretha Franklin over her song “Natural Woman” because it offends Trans people 

35 minutes ago, WhiskeyCash said:

I saw where they are tryin to cancel Aretha Franklin over her song “Natural Woman” because it offends Trans people 

:lol:. Gtfo

1 hour ago, WhiskeyCash said:

If Helen Reddy was still alive she would be shaking in her boots, as "I Am Woman" is probably next on the trans hit list. 

She writes about wizards and shiit but draws the line at transgender?

• Haha 1