Sign in to follow this  
Louie Kelcher

Xbox goes woke

World peace through frisbee.

43 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

focking crybaby snowflakes

Seriously have you ever seen politicians whine more than the current crop of Republicans? Trump, Cruz, DeSantis, they’re all such a bunch of babies. Can you imagine Ronald Reagan whining and calling himself a victim all the time? I can’t. John Wayne (a lifelong, staunch conservative) must be rolling in his grave. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Gutter, how is your blood pressure? 

Awesome bro, how is yours?  Did this Xbox setting trigger you?  I sure hope not.

9 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Awesome bro, how is yours?  Did this Xbox setting trigger you?  I sure hope not.

Video games are for kids.  

Mine is good.  Was just wondering.   You went to bed here and woke up here.  You are in a big hurry to find someone to go 12 rds with over this.  I hope for your sake, someone comes along and is really upset about this.  

1 minute ago, listen2me 23 said:

Video games are for kids.  

Mine is good.  Was just wondering.   You went to bed here and woke up here.  You are in a big hurry to find someone to go 12 rds with over this.  I hope for your sake, someone comes along and is really upset about this.  

You take this stuff too seriously.

2 hours ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Lets wait for our marching orders from tucker Carlson 

Anderson Cooper has no problem with it, it's definitely boycott time 🌈

1 hour ago, listen2me 23 said:

Video games are for kids adults.  

Also, this change is good and I hope microsoft makes a similar change with windows computers and sony makes a change with playstation.  As consumers we should not stand for how many of our electronics devices consume electricity when they are "off".

This is such an incredibly dumb thing to complain about.  Our media is out of control with how stupid it's stories are.  Pissing and moaning about M&Ms and now gaming controllers?

3 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Also, this change is good and I hope microsoft makes a similar change with windows computers and sony makes a change with playstation.  As consumers we should not stand for how many of our electronics devices consume electricity when they are "off".

It's amazing how much electricity we consume while we're not actually using it for anything.  Such a waste and I'm guilty of it as well.

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

It's amazing how much electricity we consume while we're not actually using it for anything.  Such a waste and I'm guilty of it as well.

+1

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

So true. I am guilty as well. 

16 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Like what? I am having a hard time coming up with many.  Microwave and Oven? I don't need the clocks on them but I do look at them and use them.  

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Like what? I am having a hard time coming up with many.  Microwave and Oven? I don't need the clocks on them but I do look at them and use them.  

How many things in your home are plugged in at all times?  Are there any lights that get left on when not in the room?  Any radios or TVs?  Any surge protectors, power strips, charging cables, satellite receivers, cable boxes, modems, routers, computers, TVs, stereos, game systems, heaters, fans...

Do you have your thermostat programmed to save energy?  Do you run your dishwasher, washer and dryer during off peak times of the day?  Do you have newer, energy efficient appliances?  Are you lights energy efficient?

There are so many things we have that use up electricity this age that we forget about all of it and it can be a pain to try and save more energy.  I know I suck at it.

15 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

Computers

Video game consoles

TV's

Cable boxes

Printers

Are the big drains, although there are many more.

It probably does not matter as much for you, but I have 5 computers, a PS5, xbox, Switch, 3 tv's, 2 cable boxes, and an always on laser printer. Some of these i try to unplug when i know they will not be in use for a while, but it would be better if they just shut off completely.

This is actually smart as long as you can override it.  I always power down my PC and never use sleep mode.

15 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

This is actually smart as long as you can override it.  I always power down my PC and never use sleep mode.

Seems like common sense, doesn't it.  The media never fails to make something out of nothing though.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Seems like common sense, doesn't it.  The media never fails to make something out of nothing though.

Yeah I've actually never understood why people use sleep mode, especially with how quick devices power up from off these days. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Ted Cruz is the media?  Conservative Twitter is the media?

FoxNews is media

So it's woke because it turns off?  Ok.

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

How many things in your home are plugged in at all times?  Are there any lights that get left on when not in the room?  Any radios or TVs?  Any surge protectors, power strips, charging cables, satellite receivers, cable boxes, modems, routers, computers, TVs, stereos, game systems, heaters, fans...

Do you have your thermostat programmed to save energy?  Do you run your dishwasher, washer and dryer during off peak times of the day?  Do you have newer, energy efficient appliances?  Are you lights energy efficient?

There are so many things we have that use up electricity this age that we forget about all of it and it can be a pain to try and save more energy.  I know I suck at it.

What are you supposed to do? Unplug everything in your house each night then plug it all back in next morning?  I guess you technically are wasting energy, but um that isn't realistic.   Leaving things plugged in saves time.  So it is useful to me.  Why start a vehicle with ice all over it in the dead of winter? Why not go out there and scrape it each morning? Because it is useful to start your vehicle from the remote start even if it is "wasting energy".

I do set my thermostat to cool down while I am at work each day.  

Why wear shoes when you can go barefoot?  Energy was used in making those.  Because it is convenient.   

I'll tell you what actually pisses me off when it comes to Microsoft,  I can't uninstall their stupid browser Edge.

Just now, listen2me 23 said:

What are you supposed to do? Unplug everything in your house each night then plug it all back in next morning?  I guess you technically are wasting energy, but um that isn't realistic.   Leaving things plugged in saves time.  So it is useful to me.  Why start a vehicle with ice all over it in the dead of winter? Why not go out there and scrape it each morning? Because it is useful to start your vehicle from the remote start even if it is "wasting energy".

I do set my thermostat to cool down while I am at work each day.  

Why wear shoes when you can go barefoot?  Energy was used in making those.  Because it is convenient.   

Don't shoot the messenger.  I'm like you but there's no arguing that we waste a ton of electricity every day.

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

Don't shoot the messenger.  I'm like you but there's no arguing that we waste a ton of electricity every day.

I understand what you are saying.  I don't look at things being 10x more convenient as a waste.  Technically sure. 

But I am for devices completely powering off when not in use.  Thats logical.  

36 minutes ago, League Champion said:

I did notice that even their games are getting fruity. I should of seen it coming. 

Did you see that Goldeye is going to be available on the XBox though?  Nothing fruity about that.

3 hours ago, Louie Kelcher said:

FoxNews is media

Which is what I was talking about and now other media outlets have stories on FoxNews complaining about it.  They're all pathetic.

26 minutes ago, Louie Kelcher said:

You think people are gonna boycott their xbox over this?

I could see some really dumb parents refusing to buy an Xbox for their kids because of it.  There are some people who buy into the fear mongering.  Overall it won't hurt much.