Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Schiff, Swalwell, Omar respond after Speaker McCarthy keeps them off committees

37 minutes ago, RLLD said:

We can agree to disagree on this point of validity of these actions, as well as on the merits of Mr Schiff 

Yes sir. We can even do it politely. Kudos to you for that.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol. The two impeachments were legitimate and very real. And Schiff didn’t lie. 

Then where is the proof that Trump colluded with Russia that he said he had? Also, he tried to get nude pictures of Trump. I wonder how an emotional ninny like you would have reacted if a Republican tried to get nude pictures of Hillary? You and yours would have freaked the Fock out. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, squistion said:

Is there any proof he knew she was a Chinese spy or did anything improper as a result?

Nope, it’s just a thing many right-wingers seem to “know.” Just like they know Omar married her brother, that Hillary uses a pizza parlor basement to do child sex trafficking, etc, etc. 

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Elections have consequences.  

Right? I remember January 6th also!

45 minutes ago, League Champion said:

And Michelle has a tally Wacker. 

Well that’s true. 

3 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol. The two impeachments were legitimate and very real. And Schiff didn’t lie. 

Play you really think that Trump should’ve been impeached for investigating or asking about not even investigating but asking about Joe Biden and his quid pro quo with Ukraine do you think Trump should be impeached for that

Sure wish they had this kind of concern when the Democrats did it to Republicans. 

34 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Play you really think that Trump should’ve been impeached for investigating or asking about not even investigating but asking about Joe Biden and his quid pro quo with Ukraine do you think Trump should be impeached for that

Is this a complete sentence? 

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I dunno, I'm waiting for the English translation.

25 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Yeah I was using voice chat in something messed up but for someone who claims to be so smart you should be able to understand what I’m asking

49 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

Yeah I was using voice chat in something messed up but for someone who claims to be so smart you should be able to understand what I’m asking

I see what you did there. You called him out for him always pretending to be smart when in fact he isn't. 

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

I see what you did there. You called him out for him always pretending to be smart when in fact he isn't. 

It’s a liberal tactic when they can’t counter a point made they attack grammar punctuation spelling capitalization

6 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

It’s a liberal tactic when they can’t counter a point made they attack grammar punctuation spelling capitalization

Don't I know. I swear, liberals are the dumbest people in this country. 

A liberal is calling someone a Racist and a xenophobe!!  Shocking! :shocking:

:lol:

Ilhan Omar says McCarthy leaving her off Africa subcommittee is 'racist, xenophobic'

In a new statement, Rep. Ilhan Omar is now accusing House Speaker Kevin McCarthy of being "racist" and "xenophobic" for removing her from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

Omar, a member of the Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, and Global Human Rights, defended her position in a tweet saying she is "the only African-born" member.

"As the only African born, not being on the Africa subcommittee is not just an elimination of a unique voice but an elimination of all the voices that have never been heard on a committee on the continent," Omar wrote.

She added: "It’s racist, xenophobic and discriminatory."

Omar echoed these remarks during an appearance Sunday on MSNBC's "Yasmin Vossoughian Reports."

"I think it would be hypocritic [sic] for him to remove, you know, the first African born on subcommittee on Africa on the Foreign Affairs Committee, where I’ve had the opportunity to not only represent my constituents but the voice of so many people who have never had a voice on the Foreign Affairs Committee," Omar said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omar-mccarthy-leaving-off-africa-subcommittee-racist-xenophobic

12 hours ago, League Champion said:

And Michelle has a tally Wacker. 

Possesses one taken from another or has a naturally occurring one as part of her anatomy?  Disturbing and unlikely in either event, but clarity may help me here.  

5 hours ago, craftsman said:

A liberal is calling someone a Racist and a xenophobe!!  Shocking! :shocking:

Ilhan Omar says McCarthy leaving her off Africa subcommittee is 'racist, xenophobic'

In a new statement, Rep. Ilhan Omar is now accusing House Speaker Kevin McCarthy of being "racist" and "xenophobic" for removing her from the House Foreign Affairs Committee.

Omar, a member of the Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, and Global Human Rights, defended her position in a tweet saying she is "the only African-born" member.

"As the only African born, not being on the Africa subcommittee is not just an elimination of a unique voice but an elimination of all the voices that have never been heard on a committee on the continent," Omar wrote.

She added: "It’s racist, xenophobic and discriminatory."

Omar echoed these remarks during an appearance Sunday on MSNBC's "Yasmin Vossoughian Reports."

"I think it would be hypocritic [sic] for him to remove, you know, the first African born on subcommittee on Africa on the Foreign Affairs Committee, where I’ve had the opportunity to not only represent my constituents but the voice of so many people who have never had a voice on the Foreign Affairs Committee," Omar said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ilhan-omar-mccarthy-leaving-off-africa-subcommittee-racist-xenophobic

Changing the rules to allow her to wear her turban to Congress should have never happened.  

Man the left really hates to be held to their own standards don’t they? Regarding Schiff, he went on every hack lefty program for 2 years and lied about Trump-Russia collusion. He did as much as any one person to poison our politics. He claims that he's defending democracy. Typical sh!tlibs think these are admirable people. Nauseating.

1 hour ago, Dizkneelande said:

Man the left really hates to be held to their own standards don’t they? Regarding Schiff, he went on every hack lefty program for 2 years and lied about Trump-Russia collusion. He did as much as any one person to poison our politics. He claims that he's defending democracy. Typical sh!tlibs think these are admirable people. Nauseating.

Dude is a massive piece of shlt, can't believe people are here vouching for him. You can't reason with that sort. Nor should you want to. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dizkneelande said:

It goes back to the complete absence of any shame. I cannot be sure if they are psychopaths' or sociopaths. the distinction being one is born and the other learned. 

The inability to feel bad about what you do, and THEN be indignant when it is done back to you is certainly a hallmark of narcissism. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, craftsman said:

Glad to see she is calling McCarthy out.

If you want to see a more detailed response, she, Schiff, and Swalwell co-authored this response to McCarthy’s blocking of committee assignments.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/msnbc/schiff-swalwell-omar-will-not-silenced-kevin-mccarthy-rcna67672?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma&taid=63d2fb2232439200012e81c7&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Since McCarthy’s reasons for targeting us are so clearly fictional, it is worth considering what is truly motivating the shattering of yet another democratic norm. The answer is simple and pernicious: the terrible math behind his speakership. McCarthy could not become speaker without the support of Greene, Gosar and Santos. They needed to be seated on committees, and we needed to be unseated to curry favor with the most extreme elements of his conference. All three of us stood up to the corrupt former president and his fanatical followers, and now they want vengeance. McCarthy appears ready to deliver it. 

Ilhan Omar’s outward anti-semitism has no place in congress. 

22 minutes ago, dogcows said:

If you want to see a more detailed response, she, Schiff, and Swalwell co-authored this response to McCarthy’s blocking of committee assignments.

https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/msnbc/schiff-swalwell-omar-will-not-silenced-kevin-mccarthy-rcna67672?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma&taid=63d2fb2232439200012e81c7&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Who. Focking. Cares.

23 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Some people said something.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, dogcows said:

On 1/25/2023 at 7:22 AM, The Real timschochet said:

I like Schiff and Swalwell. Omar not so much; she’s way too radical for me. 

But right now they’re all being whiners. They might as well be Republican with all that whining. 

Oh the irony.

4 hours ago, dogcows said:

I wish she had called out her own leadership when the Democrats did this to the Republicans, and the Republicans warned them to not do it or the act could come back to them.

What she, and you, are doing is the equivalent of punching someone, then crying like a little b!tch when they hit you back.

Let's go back to this.....don't start sh!t.....and there won't be sh!t....

• Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, dogcows said:

Posting this should embarrass you. You get that, right? :wacko:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Reality said:

This is the key personality element that has been lost by too many people. 

10 hours ago, Reality said:

Why? If we’re discussing the story, shouldn’t we all want to read the perspective of the people who are being banned from committees? I’d say sticking to your echo chamber instead of looking at the other side is actually embarrassing.

Can you imagine giving a Fock about what happens to either of those three? Sad. 

3 hours ago, dogcows said:

Why? If we’re discussing the story, shouldn’t we all want to read the perspective of the people who are being banned from committees? I’d say sticking to your echo chamber instead of looking at the other side is actually embarrassing.

I'm glad those democrat were shown the door from those committees. It's better for the future of the US.

Whereas when Pelosi refused the minority house leader's choices, those banning's were a disgrace. Pelosi should spend more time with her gay husband and his erratic homeless illegal lover. Share the love nancy. 

7 hours ago, dogcows said:

This perspective should perhaps have been applied when the Republicans were removed by the Democrats.

I really don’t care who is doing it, though I prefer they not do it.

I have to say this expectation that Democrats can do something but it’s only “wrong” when Republican’s do it is just silly.

By way of example, if the Democrats were to revisit that farcical notion that a President should not appoint a SCOTUS judge in his last year were put back on Republicans in the future…..they better not cry about it…they did it, set the standard and The Dems have every right now to do the same

This is not the hill to die on either way. Swallowell is an easy removal on common sense alone, Schiff should go as well given what we have learned about him..zOnar, well, I get it….she is a racist who hates this country and thinks really bad thoughts….but that covers an awful lot of political people….

2 hours ago, RLLD said:

This perspective should perhaps have been applied when the Republicans were removed by the Democrats.

I really don’t care who is doing it, though I prefer they not do it.

I have to say this expectation that Democrats can do something but it’s only “wrong” when Republican’s do it is just silly.

By way of example, if the Democrats were to revisit that farcical notion that a President should not appoint a SCOTUS judge in his last year were put back on Republicans in the future…..they better not cry about it…they did it, set the standard and The Dems have every right now to do the same

This is not the hill to die on either way. Swallowell is an easy removal on common sense alone, Schiff should go as well given what we have learned about him..zOnar, well, I get it….she is a racist who hates this country and thinks really bad thoughts….but that covers an awful lot of political people….

Schiff and Swalwell had been on that committee for years. It’s not like removing them now accomplishes anything if you think they were giving government secrets to spies since 2014 or something. 

Reps excluded from the Jan 6 committee were in some cases complicit in the insurrection, and one publicly stated they would intentionally block the committee’s work. Seems to me conflicts of interest specific to Jan 6 would be grounds for removal from that special committee.

But sure, Nancy excluded some people from a committee, so Kevin can do it too. It’s still fair to point out that he recently said he wouldn’t do it. And unlike the specific reasons cited for removal of some from the Jan 6 committee, his reasons aren’t really public, just “the FBI told me stuff.” Good one, Kevin.

As for Omar, a majority of voters in her district don’t see her the way you do. And, like it or not, those voters get a voice. I think people like Gosar and MTG are worse, but if that’s who the voters want, so be it. It looks like Omar might keep the committee seat anyway because a handful of Republicans are indicating they won’t vote to exclude her.

7 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Schiff and Swalwell had been on that committee for years. It’s not like removing them now accomplishes anything if you think they were giving government secrets to spies since 2014 or something. 

Reps excluded from the Jan 6 committee were in some cases complicit in the insurrection, and one publicly stated they would intentionally block the committee’s work. Seems to me conflicts of interest specific to Jan 6 would be grounds for removal from that special committee.

But sure, Nancy excluded some people from a committee, so Kevin can do it too. It’s still fair to point out that he recently said he wouldn’t do it. And unlike the specific reasons cited for removal of some from the Jan 6 committee, his reasons aren’t really public, just “the FBI told me stuff.” Good one, Kevin.

As for Omar, a majority of voters in her district don’t see her the way you do. And, like it or not, those voters get a voice. I think people like Gosar and MTG are worse, but if that’s who the voters want, so be it. It looks like Omar might keep the committee seat anyway because a handful of Republicans are indicating they won’t vote to exclude her.

I disagree. It is never too late to right a wrong. I think your logic on this one might be flawed, and unless you are willing to allow that logic to be applied to distasteful people on the right, you might want to resist. 

I have no position on this.  Whether Republicans are on that dog and pony show to me is irrelevant. 

Lets turn this around for a moment.  You and your ilk assail those who vote for Trump....the ability to secure votes is not an indication of suitability.....or was Trump suitable?  What about that idiot in New York,,,,his voters did not see him as we do.....is he then OK?   We have to allow that bad people get elected.....and if we can impede their ability to harm, perhaps we should.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RLLD said:

Lets turn this around for a moment.  You and your ilk assail those who vote for Trump....the ability to secure votes is not an indication of suitability.....or was Trump suitable?  What about that idiot in New York,,,,his voters did not see him as we do.....is he then OK?   We have to allow that bad people get elected.....and if we can impede their ability to harm, perhaps we should.

I don’t understand this argument. Trump was impeached for alleged illegal behavior. Omar is being removed because…? I didn’t think Trump was suitable, and the results showed it. But he won the election, so I dealt with it. If Omar did something illegal, prosecute her. Removing her because she said something Kevin didn’t like? Nope.

4 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I don’t understand this argument. Trump was impeached for alleged illegal behavior. Omar is being removed because…? I didn’t think Trump was suitable, and the results showed it. But he won the election, so I dealt with it. If Omar did something illegal, prosecute her. Removing her because she said something Kevin didn’t like? Nope.

It's fun to watch you cry. 

24 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Your point was that a majority of voters in her area do not see her as I do, which likely true for many political figures; and for you regards people like Trump….

It does not matter…..