Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Schiff, Swalwell, Omar respond after Speaker McCarthy keeps them off committees

27 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I don’t understand this argument. Trump was impeached for alleged illegal behavior. Omar is being removed because…? I didn’t think Trump was suitable, and the results showed it. But he won the election, so I dealt with it. If Omar did something illegal, prosecute her. Removing her because she said something Kevin didn’t like? Nope.

yah you dealt so well with it lol

35 minutes ago, dogcows said:

I don’t understand this argument. Trump was impeached for alleged illegal behavior. Omar is being removed because…? I didn’t think Trump was suitable, and the results showed it. But he won the election, so I dealt with it. If Omar did something illegal, prosecute her. Removing her because she said something Kevin didn’t like? Nope.

Maybe he didn’t like when referring to 9/11 she said “some people did something” , showing complete disregard for over 3k being murdered. And they are still dying. You like that? 

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Schiff and Swalwell had been on that committee for years. It’s not like removing them now accomplishes anything if you think they were giving government secrets to spies since 2014 or something. 

Reps excluded from the Jan 6 committee were in some cases complicit in the insurrection, and one publicly stated they would intentionally block the committee’s work. Seems to me conflicts of interest specific to Jan 6 would be grounds for removal from that special committee.

But sure, Nancy excluded some people from a committee, so Kevin can do it too. It’s still fair to point out that he recently said he wouldn’t do it. And unlike the specific reasons cited for removal of some from the Jan 6 committee, his reasons aren’t really public, just “the FBI told me stuff.” Good one, Kevin.

As for Omar, a majority of voters in her district don’t see her the way you do. And, like it or not, those voters get a voice. I think people like Gosar and MTG are worse, but if that’s who the voters want, so be it. It looks like Omar might keep the committee seat anyway because a handful of Republicans are indicating they won’t vote to exclude her.

Serial leaker Adam Schiff In March 2017, as chair of the intelligence committee, told “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd that there was “more than circumstantial evidence” to prove Team Trump was in colluding with the Kremlin before the election and repeatedly said that his committee had dug up “plenty of evidence of collusion or conspiracy.” 2 months later he told ABC that Trump’s Russia conspiracy is of “a size and scope probably beyond Watergate.” This was 6 years ago. Where’s the evidence? This guy is a threat to democracy and belongs nowhere near intelligence briefings. You leftists are th biggest clowns. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

Your point was that a majority of voters in her area do not see her as I do, which likely true for many political figures; and for you regards people like Trump….

It does not matter…..

The point is being missed. It doesn’t matter who likes or dislikes Trump or Omar. The point is - there should be a specific and justifiable cause for removing somebody that won an election. You know, as in actual wrongdoing, or breaking of some law or rule of the House of Representatives.

Schiff goes on the Sunday morning shows and promptly proves why removing him was the correct course of action 🤣

12 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Oh my. Not Kyle Griffin!! :shocking:

He is reporting this for NBC News and it has been confirmed by other news sources.

25 minutes ago, dogcows said:

The point is being missed. It doesn’t matter who likes or dislikes Trump or Omar. The point is - there should be a specific and justifiable cause for removing somebody that won an election. You know, as in actual wrongdoing, or breaking of some law or rule of the House of Representatives.

Gotcha.  I was just pulling that point from your post....

Moving on.  If Republicans can be removed due to posts, so can people like Omar, just that simple....