Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

The Carolina Panthers are raciss

Hire Frank third Reich as HC. Don’t give the job to Wilks who took a dumpster fire that lost McCaffrey and still went 6-6

I've never seen anyone seem less like a HC than Wilks in his tenure here in AZ, and that is after having just watched Kliff Kingsbury and his deer-in-the-headlights look for several years.

Some people are born assistant coaches vs. head coaches, that was Wilks.

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I've never seen anyone seem less like a HC than Wilks in his tenure here in AZ, and that is after having just watched Kliff Kingsbury and his deer-in-the-headlights look for several years.

Everyone here kept saying he was given a raw deal by AZ, but I’m not exactly sure what they meant by that.

He definitely did a really good job here considering what he had to work with, it mostly just seems like they want an offensive head coach and not a defensive one

I'd recommend hire the best head coach you can find.

If you need a black head coach because you're a woke leftoid GM, Jim Caldwell is both a great hire and has the right skin pigmentation.

34 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'd recommend hire the best head coach you can find.

If you need a black head coach because you're a woke leftoid GM, Jim Caldwell is both a great hire and has the right skin pigmentation.

I think part of the argument I've heard is that Reich just got fired from somewhere else, so clearly a different team doesn't think he's the "best head coach you can find."   

I think people could have dealt better with not giving it to Wilks if they hired some hotshot coordinator, but Reich feels a bit like a retread (which Panthers fans have already had enough of them doing at the QB position as well).

46 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Everyone here kept saying he was given a raw deal by AZ, but I’m not exactly sure what they meant by that.

He definitely did a really good job here considering what he had to work with, it mostly just seems like they want an offensive head coach and not a defensive one

I'm not commenting on his W/L percentage; I don't recall what it was or what particular dumpster fire the Cards were in at the time.  I'm commenting on his personality, or specifically the outward perception of his personality, which exuded that he was utterly lost and had no idea whatsoever how to improve things.

The Cardinals and the Bidwills are historically near the front of DEI initiatives, so I can't imagine they were eager to give Wilks the boot.  But he needed to go.

Reich had records of 10-6, 11-5, and 9-8.  Last year was bad.  Reich clobbered the Panthers a few years ago 38-6 which may have left a good impression on someone. 

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Kliff's going to get 35 million dollars to NOT coach for the next five years. I'm not coaching and I don't get a penny.  :mad:

4 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm not commenting on his W/L percentage; I don't recall what it was or what particular dumpster fire the Cards were in at the time.  I'm commenting on his personality, or specifically the outward perception of his personality, which exuded that he was utterly lost and had no idea whatsoever how to improve things.

That’s interesting because most of the commentary with the Panthers was that he was a “leader of men” and the players loved playing for him.

21 minutes ago, Ultra Max Power said:

Guy goes .500 in the worst division in football and we're upset?

I'm not really but many in Charlotte are.   But he took a 1-5 team that had Christian McCaffrey, and went 6-6 without Christian McCaffrey, c'mon that's pretty impressive.

4 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I'm not really but many in Charlotte are.   But he took a 1-5 team that had Christian McCaffrey, and went 6-6 without Christian McCaffrey, c'mon that's pretty impressive.

Understood but it's probably the worst division in football. That being said you could be right, there's a lot worse out there. 

Gotta love Tim Hack. Don’t hire Reich because he’s a retread. Hire Wilkes because he’s a retread. 

All teams must be racist because they draft more black players than white players.  

I was fine with either Frank or Wilks.  Sorta wish we could have had both, one as the HC and the other as either a highly paid D Coordinator or O Coordinator.  

I'm just glad they didn't go with a Kellen Moore or gave up a bunch of high draft picks for Sean Payton.  

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I was fine with either Frank or Wilks.  Sorta wish we could have had both, one as the HC and the other as either a highly paid D Coordinator or O Coordinator.  

I'm just glad they didn't go with a Kellen Moore or gave up a bunch of high draft picks for Sean Payton.  

Yeah while I was rooting for Wilks given the candidates, I don't hate it, was more just expressing some of the common comments I've been hearing.

Record be damned.  That guy’s an awful coach.

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

NBA owners and GMs are the most racist. 

Be careful now....  Didn't the NBA stop using the RACISS term "owner" a few years ago?  I can't recall what they switched to so I might be mistaken.

Edit: the PC term is now "governor".  No wonder I couldn't remember what they switched to. :rolleyes:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/adam-silver-on-nba-using-governor-in-place-of-owner-title-we-moved-away-from-that-term-years-ago/amp/

Good hire by the Panthers, give him a Qb to work with, and the Panthers win their division next season.  

Thanks. 

4 hours ago, TimHauck said:

defensive coaches are notorious bad head coaches.  Wilks was horrible.  Cardinals averaged about 9 points under his watch.. maybe 12.  horrible.

Gilbert AZ resident.

5 minutes ago, shadrap said:

defensive coaches are notorious bad head coaches.  Wilks was horrible.  Cardinals averaged about 9 points under his watch.. maybe 12.  horrible.

Gilbert AZ resident.

Hey neighbor!  I live in Ahwatukee.  :cheers: 

2 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Hey neighbor!  I live in Ahwatukee.  :cheers: 

I sense a GC ghey hookup brewing... :wub:

Just now, DonS said:

I sense a GC ghey hookup brewing... :wub:

Interestingly, I've only met one local geek, an old poster named Greedo.  He was an author in his spare time and my wife and I went to his book signing.  Good looking guy, I wonder if my wife knew that somehow and that was why she tagged along.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, TimHauck said:

Going 6-6 is alright.  It’s not great.  While I think Reich is a buffoon, if the owner isn’t ready to hitch his wagon to a coach with no prior HC experience, well, that’s understandable.  Unless you’re a race conspiracist.

17 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Is this the new thing?  Dwell on stuff we're supposedly not upset about?  I notice that other guy Tim does that, too.  Insist you're not the one that has a problem with it, and then spend a bunch of time posting from the perspective of someone who is upset by it.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Is this the new thing?  Dwell on stuff we're supposedly not upset about?  I notice that other guy Tim does that, too.  Insist you're not the one that has a problem with it, and then spend a bunch of time posting from the perspective of someone who is upset by it.

I dunno, doesn’t seem all that much different than people posting articles about how Hollywood or insert whatever institution here is racist.  I guess in those cases said people are upset the article was written in the first place, is that then acceptable to you?

For the record I definitely don’t think this was racist.  But I think it could be argued that Wilks had earned the job, and it probably adds sting to it that they hired a guy who was literally just fired from his last job a few months ago.

2 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I dunno, doesn’t seem all that much different than people posting articles about how Hollywood or insert whatever institution here is racist.  I guess in those cases said people are upset the article was written in the first place, is that then acceptable to you?

For the record I definitely don’t think this was racist.  But I think it could be argued that Wilks had earned the job, and it probably adds sting to it that they hired a guy who was literally just fired from his last job a few months ago.

Those people you reference are actually upset and really do think Hollywood and institutions are out to get straight white males.  

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

yea, easy to argue Wilks earned the job but what he did with AZ Cardinals still follows him & does cast an ugly stain.  Nice job with Carolina although it was run, run, & run some more.

It’s an offensive game now.  I would have been pissed if the Giants hired a defensive coach.  Look at McDermott. Has the top QB in the game and can’t get over the hump. Turtles up in the big game. 

I thought they looked decent when they played the Lions this week. They moved the ball decently, It was a few bad turnovers deep on their side of the field that ran up the score.

On 1/26/2023 at 2:44 PM, TimHauck said:

Hire Frank third Reich as HC. Don’t give the job to Wilks who took a dumpster fire that lost McCaffrey and still went 6-6

I'm still wondering why the NFL hires black people disproportionately to the population of the country. 

I think you are right. There is a lot of racism in that league. They are racist against whites. And so are you.

28 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

I'm still wondering why the NFL hires black people disproportionately to the population of the country. 

I think you are right. There is a lot of racism in that league. They are racist against whites. And so are you.

Like I said the “raciss” part was a joke, taking off on the other similar threads on here.  But I thought Wilks had earned the job. And Reich (and Wilks as DC in SF) are further proving that this season.