Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Memphis Police Killing

19 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Yeah, people just run from the cops for no reason all the time. 

Dude, I’m just going by what the news is reporting

2 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Yeah, it was reported he ran from the cops twice. We agree on that. :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Craftsman is one of those conservatives who conveniently disregard the news if it’s something that contradicts his world view- then it becomes “fake news.” 

9 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’ve seen innocent white people brutally  beaten up and killed by police, treated like dogs, the way this guy is treated on the video? 
Sorry but I don’t believe you. 

Daniel Shaver.  Not sure of any/many besides that though 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Because they were beating him and he feared for his life. Turns out he was right to be scared. 

So they pulled him over for reckless driving and immediately started beating him? Where is that video?

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

Yeah, it was reported he ran from the cops twice. We agree on that. :dunno:

Maybe he was up to no good that night, but they are reporting that he didn’t have a “record”. Not sure what’s so hard for you understand 

Because they were beating him and he feared for his life. Turns out he was right to be scared. 

I guess The only positive thing is that the beating was administered by all black officers. If it were all white or hispanics Katie bar the door. Memphis would already be in ashes.

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’ve seen innocent white people brutally  beaten up and killed by police, treated like dogs, the way this guy is treated on the video? 
Sorry but I don’t believe you. 

Are those goal posts heavy?  You said “treatment”. Treatment is way different than outcome.  This guys outcome was death. Similar treatment doesn’t always end in death. So, to confirm, I have absolutely seen cops lawfully pursue fleeing white suspects and strike them in the head unnecessarily. 

1 minute ago, Crestwood 2 said:

Maybe he was up to no good that night, but they are reporting that he didn’t have a “record”. Not sure what’s so hard for you understand 

I don't know why someone would drive recklessly and run from the cops. There is more to this story that we don't know. Why jump to conclusions?

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

I guess The only positive thing is that the beating was administered by all black officers. If it were all white or hispanics Katie bar the door. Memphis would already be in ashes.

Can you offer an example of when that’s been the case? Normally riots take place when months go by and the officers in question haven’t been arrested. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

I don't know why someone would drive recklessly and run from the cops. There is more to this story that we don't know. Why jump to conclusions?

I get that, but he doesn’t have a “record “….. like prior arrests/ convictions 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

Are those goal posts heavy?  You said “treatment”. Treatment is way different than outcome.  This guys outcome was death. Similar treatment doesn’t always end in death. So, to confirm, I have absolutely seen cops lawfully pursue fleeing white suspects and strike them in the head unnecessarily. 

I’m sure that happens. But it doesn’t happen nearly as often, or as badly, as it does with black suspects. Blacks are in their own category. And they are subject to abuse and bad treatment whether innocent or guilty of any given crime. 

It amazes me that after all this time people are simply unable to acknowledge institutionalized racism within the police. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Can you offer an example of when that’s been the case? Normally riots take place when months go by and the officers in question haven’t been arrested. 

George Floyd died on Memorial Day weekend. The riots didn’t take months. What’s the matter with you? Stop making things up. 

Just now, The Real timschochet said:

I’m sure that happens. But it doesn’t happen nearly as often, or as badly, as it does with black suspects. Blacks are in their own category. And they are subject to abuse and bad treatment whether innocent or guilty of any given crime. 

It amazes me that after all this time people are simply unable to acknowledge institutionalized racism within the police. 

56% of violent crime is committed by black people. Do bad things to others, bad things happen to you. 

Seems like most of these cases have a common denominator.   Failure to comply and be able to follow instructions.   I would think most of these incidents would never happen if people of all races would follow instructions and not fight the police.  

3 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Seems like most of these cases have a common denominator.   Failure to comply and be able to follow instructions.   I would think most of these incidents would never happen if people of all races would follow instructions and not fight the police.  

President Biden needs to address the nation and give the whole country “The Talk”.  

13 hours ago, Louie Kelcher said:

Pigs are violent self conscious small d1cked ass holes

I thought stereotyping was bad.  :unsure:

11 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

So we gone from you stating that it doesn’t happen to whites, to you’re sure it happens. Got it.  You’re posts in the thread are nothing but sky screaming.  

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

George Floyd died on Memorial Day weekend. The riots didn’t take months. What’s the matter with you? Stop making things up. 

That’s true. But I think it’s pretty rare though. 

In any case hopefully with the quick arrests it won’t happen this time around. 

1 minute ago, Fireballer said:

So we gone from you stating that it doesn’t happen to whites, to you’re sure it happens. Got it.  You’re posts in the thread are nothing but sky screaming.  

It doesn’t happen to whites as a general rule. I’m sure you can produce a few anecdotes otherwise. 

13 hours ago, Louie Kelcher said:

I don't think we need more black cops, we need better cops.  Too many cops  suffer from insecurities and they take it out on their victims.  These types of people shouldn't be put in positions of power 

Why would anyone in 2023 want to be in law enforcement?  The anti-cop movement the past 5 years is one of the most self inflicting movements in modern history.   Cities have to fill the positions but the pool of quality persons gets smaller and smaller so you have to lower standards.  It's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

This whole country is so systemically racist that even black people are racist against black people. :doh:

I guess they are racist against themselves too. 

Did any of you brilliant liberals out there just think that good people in general just hate violent criminals? No, I bet you haven't thought about that.

2 minutes ago, craftsman said:

This whole country is so systemically racist that even black people are racist against black people. :doh:

I guess they are racist against themselves too. 

Did any of you brilliant liberals out there just think that good people in general just hate violent criminals? No, I bet you haven't thought about that.

I hate violent criminals. Was this guy a violent criminal? 

We don't know yet. We do know george floyd was. 

No evidence of that outside of alleged reckless driving and then fleeing on foot. 

I watched the video.  The cops are focked, that was ridiculous. 

ETA:  I just googled, wait......The cops have been fired, arrested and charged with murder.  So why are people protesting?  

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

ETA:  I just googled, wait......The cops have been fired, arrested and charged with murder.  So why are people protesting?  

The injustice of what happened. 

1 minute ago, squistion said:

The injustice of what happened. 

so every time anyone is murdered we can burn stuff? 

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Because there is institutional racism in the police forces of this country that causes this sort of behavior 

• Confused 3

Because there is institutional racism in the police forces of this country that causes this sort of behavior 

You do know the all 5 of the cops were black right?  :dunno:

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

wtf are you talking about???? these were black cops. 

Just now, porkbutt said:

so every time anyone is murdered we can burn stuff? 

:rolleyes: 

How did you come up with based on anything I've said?

Yep. That’s the whole point. The racism is institutionalized. 

youre a focking retard

• Like 1