Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

Memphis Police Killing

1 minute ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Wow, crapsman is getting a serious beatdown in this thread. Love it!

🤣

Meh. Craftsman’s not a bad dude. Do I really think he’s racist? Nah, though he DID make a really ugly racist joke earlier tonight. 

Craftsman, and millions of people like him, just don’t understand what it’s like to be black and facing the police. And why should he? He’s never been in that situation. I haven’t either. I have no idea what it’s like. But I try to read about it.

Craftsman seems to think that if he accepts systemic racism then he has to accept liberal ideas in general, or even leftist ideas like reparations and Defund the Police. But this just isn’t so. I don’t accept those ideas. I have no interest in defunding police; if anything I would pay them more. But we need reform and we need to find ways to end the racism. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Oh don’t take my word for it. Police officers are prosecuted less than 2% of the time that they commit crimes against the public: 

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/21497089/derek-chauvin-george-floyd-trial-police-prosecutions-black-lives-matter

What a truly stupid remark you made. “Always prosecuted”. Care to retract it? Or are you proud of your imbecility? 

Holy shat your ignorant.  You can’t even interpret your own link.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When the cops tell you to do something do it. Your chances of getting hurt or killed plummet if you do. 

:clap:

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

When the cops tell you to do something do it. Your chances of getting hurt or killed plummet if you do. 

I think there is some truth to this. But it’s not always true. And it’s especially not always true when the victim is black. And that’s the fact that you and others refuse to acknowledge. 

2 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

Holy shat your ignorant.  You can’t even interpret your own link.  

How did I misinterpret it? 

Also: you’re a fireman, correct? Despite my disagreements with you, thank you for your service. Deepest respect. 

libtards head are splodin’ with this one.  cant really call the cops horrible because they black. cant say criminal deserved it because he black. hey lets go with institutional racism of police! the whitey history of the cops got us here! pure comedic gold. 

• Thanks 1

Where was the supervision during  this? Guys like this need someone to oversee them.  

4 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

libtards head are splodin’ with this one.  cant really call the cops horrible because they black. cant say criminal deserved it because he black. hey lets go with institutional racism of police! the whitey history of the cops got us here! pure comedic gold. 

The cops were horrible 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

Nah.  People like you post like you are 100% convinced nothing has to do with race and are tired of hearing about it.   People like tim drum the race drum on these examples.   IMO the truth is somewhere in between.  

Of course a black cop can be racist toward black people, your tone in your post made it seem you thought tim's point was ridiculous because it was black cops and a black victim.   It wasn't just one random poster around here, and it's true blacks can be racist toward blacks.  

Regardless, IMO FAR more likely is just a bubbling over of tensions between "those" type of people - criminals, especially ones likely armed, especially ones who resist arrest and take off.  Far more likely is undertrained cops that shouldn't be doing so many traffic stops and ramping up the odds of these interactions.  

This post is nonsense and naive.  Of course racism exists.  Of course stereotypes exist.  We humans are flawed and make decisions based on our own personal experiences.  The problem is, as an analogy, you see a white dude and black dude at the gas station arguing over something stupid.  In you and this retarded Tim's eye's it just has to be something RACIST!@#!.  Maybe its just just two azzholes........why can't it just be two azzholes?

2 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This post is nonsense and naive.  Of course racism exists.  Of course stereotypes exist.  We humans are flawed and make decisions based on our own personal experiences.  The problem is, as an analogy, you see a white dude and black dude at the gas station arguing over something stupid.  In you and this retarded Tim's eye's it just has to be something RACIST!@#!.  Maybe its just just two azzholes........why can't it just be two azzholes?

It can. 

You totally misunderstand me if you think I always see racism. A lot of times I don’t see it at all. Ihlan Omer accused Kevin McCarthy of racism today, and she is an idiot. 
But when actual racism occurs I think it should be pointed out. 

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

This post is nonsense and naive.  Of course racism exists.  Of course stereotypes exist.  We humans are flawed and make decisions based on our own personal experiences.  The problem is, as an analogy, you see a white dude and black dude at the gas station arguing over something stupid.  In you and this retarded Tim's eye's it just has to be something RACIST!@#!.  Maybe its just just two azzholes........

If only I typed in the first post you quoted that I was NOT crying "racism".   if only in this last post you quoted i had said what I thought was going on instead of racism. 

Of course in your examples it's probably two knuckleheads that would fight with anybody around them. 

You and HT had to have gone to the same school or something.  

1 minute ago, BuckSwope said:

You and HT had to have gone to the same school or something.  

The school of Common Sense and Logic.  

Just now, KSB2424 said:

The school of Common Sense and Logic.  

Word

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It can. 

You totally misunderstand me if you think I always see racism. A lot of times I don’t see it at all. Ihlan Omer accused Kevin McCarthy of racism today, and she is an idiot. 
But when actual racism occurs I think it should be pointed out. 

STFU. Racism is your trope. Everyone sees it fhaggot. 

12 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

How did I misinterpret it? 

Also: you’re a fireman, correct? Despite my disagreements with you, thank you for your service. Deepest respect. 

Thank you, I appreciate that. I was also on our arson task force and attended the LE academy. 
 As far as the article is concerned, I think it’s almost intentionally misleading.  It states that cops are prosecuted only 2% of the time that they shoot someone, not only 2% of the time that they commit a crime.  That datapoint supports the fact that a vast majority of the time that police shootings are justified, therefore doesn’t rise to being criminal and no prosecution is necessary.  

I’m over it.  Now that fruitcake from Pfizer that freaked out because he got caught telling the truth? That’s a story with some legs.  Sadly no racism for our libtards so they don’t GAF, even though it’s way more important than this. 

So much bickering in this thread.

One thing we can all agree on - thank goodness this happened in sh*thole Memphis.

Let’s accentuate some positive points.

At least there can be no pretending that this is the “racist” society. So we can avoid that tired trope.

But that aside, these instances continue to dog the police. Nevermind that violence plagues areas of our society far more than problematic police of course.

We should expect more from the muscled extension of our government. When you consider the considerable footprint of good cops and then how these rare instances are used to mislead people about them….its sad.

Let’s hope these men are held accountable to the proper extent. Luckily they are not in LA, San Fran, Chicago or NYC where criminals are simply set free

33 minutes ago, GobbleDog said:

So much bickering in this thread.

One thing we can all agree on - thank goodness this happened in sh*thole Memphis.

Memphis is a fantastic city. It has a high level of sh!thole, but it's a great place.

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

At least there can be no pretending that this is the “racist” society. So we can avoid that tired trope.

It absolutely is the racist society IMO. No pretending about it. 

Here’s a good opinion piece by Van Jones supporting my position on this: 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/opinions/tyre-nichols-memphis-police-department-jones/index.html

11 minutes ago, Strike said:

I haven't watched the video of this incident, but I offer you the following (GRAPHIC):

https://www.fullertonsfuture.org/2011/warning-graphic-photo-of-fpd-beating-victim/

Of course you managed to bring up a rare anecdote: I predicted earlier one of you would and it so happens that you’re the doofus who chose to do so. 
Offer more examples if you want. It doesn’t change what I wrote. AS A GENERAL RULE this doesn’t happen to white people. 
Your refusal to accept the reality of racism in our society does you no credit. It just makes you look foolish. 

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

Of course you managed to bring up a rare anecdote: I predicted earlier one of you would and it so happens that you’re the doofus who chose to do so. 
Offer more examples if you want. It doesn’t change what I wrote. AS A GENERAL RULE this doesn’t happen to white people. 
Your refusal to accept the reality of racism in our society does you no credit. It just makes you look foolish. 

Fock off.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.  Your choice to stay ignorant on topic after topic isn't my fault. 

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Fock off.  You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.  Your choice to stay ignorant on topic after topic isn't my fault. 

Half the country. or more, shares my ignorance on this particular issue. And that includes the vast majority of young people which is why you will lose in the end. 

5 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Half the country. or more, shares my ignorance on this particular issue. And that includes the vast majority of young people which is why you will lose in the end. 

Again making assertions you can't support.  But even if true, they're as ignorant and stupid as you.  Statistically, the likelihood of anyone getting hurt or worse from an encounter with a cop is almost nil, and that's a FACT.  Anyone suggesting otherwise is just fanning the flames.  It's a shame you are so anti data and pro emotion. 

6 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

It absolutely is the racist society IMO. No pretending about it. 

Here’s a good opinion piece by Van Jones supporting my position on this: 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/opinions/tyre-nichols-memphis-police-department-jones/index.html

I am familiar with Van Jones, he is a racist along the same lines as Joy Reid. I do not count him among those people would trust in terms of his positions.

We are not a racist society. Does racism exist? You bet it does. And it touches everyone, and is not the exclusive domain of any single group.

Does racism impact people, probably. But only if you allow it to.

Systemic racism was eradicated when we as a society managed to tear down the Democrat-driven segregation in the 60’s.

Those who succeed earned it, those who do not did not earn it, simple as that.

Instead of blaming the system for failures, encourage people to not be sirtbags, have them mimic the Asians who, while being a minority, have figured out you sinply have to try….

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

I think there is some truth to this.

Some truth?  Cooperating with police would have prevented almost every incident we've seen with police beating a person.  Don't make yourself the victim, it should be common sense.

7 hours ago, Strike said:

Again making assertions you can't support.  But even if true, they're as ignorant and stupid as you.  Statistically, the likelihood of anyone getting hurt or worse from an encounter with a cop is almost nil, and that's a FACT.  Anyone suggesting otherwise is just fanning the flames.  It's a shame you are so anti data and pro emotion. 

The dude is obviously trolling at this point. He’s lost

11 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Because there is institutional racism in the police forces of this country that causes this sort of behavior 

Black people in America can never be responsible for their own harmful actions. Their moral purity is only contaminated when it comes into contact with whiteness. 

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know why he was initially stopped?  I wasn’t aware of this story until recently and now all the stories are about his death.  Haven’t seen an explanation of why he was stopped.

Just now, MLCKAA said:

Does anyone know why he was initially stopped?  I wasn’t aware of this story until recently and now all the stories are about his death.  Haven’t seen an explanation of why he was stopped.

Whatever it was, it wasn’t a “traffic stop”.  If you watch the first video, the officer exits his vehicle and immediately draws his firearm.  This was a “high risk stop” or “felony stop” and he was arriving to immediately provide cover.  The most common way to get in that position is to do something outrageously dangerous or initially evade police. 

10 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Meh. Craftsman’s not a bad dude. Do I really think he’s racist? Nah, though he DID make a really ugly racist joke earlier tonight. 

Craftsman, and millions of people like him, just don’t understand what it’s like to be black and facing the police. And why should he? He’s never been in that situation. I haven’t either. I have no idea what it’s like. But I try to read about it.

Craftsman seems to think that if he accepts systemic racism then he has to accept liberal ideas in general, or even leftist ideas like reparations and Defund the Police. But this just isn’t so. I don’t accept those ideas. I have no interest in defunding police; if anything I would pay them more. But we need reform and we need to find ways to end the racism. 

I watched a discussion on this few years ago.  It is not about being black or white or whatever.  It is about living in a high crime area

If the country was 100% white, or 100% black these situations would still be happening as there would always be lower income high crime areas. The police in these areas are conditioned different as they rarely deal with regular people.

That a black man was beat to death by 5 black police officers tells the story.   

One thing that I cant understand.   Nichols only weighed 145lbs.   How could 5 large black officers not control him or get his hands behind his back?  They said on the video at least 25 times for Nichols to give them his hands and it never happened nor could they make it happen.

I had a difficult time watching this, it was actually worse than the George Floyd video.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Reckless driving.

The real racism? Brian Kemp mobilizing the Georgia national guard because he heard black people would be protesting. No violence happened at all and the NG didn’t even have to come near the protests.

Funny, the recent climate change protests that DID get violent in Georgia involved mostly white people. Kemp didn’t get the NG out to defend against them. Reminds me of a violent riot 2 years ago in DC that involved mostly white people where they also didn’t activate the National Guard ahead of time. 🤔

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

How come everytime police reform is proposed in this country, like the George Floyd Act, Republicans shoot it down? 

Does that indeed happen everytime, or does it happen sometimes, when it is reactive and poorly concieved, like suggesting, as did the Peresident, that they be trained to shoot people in the leg?  Legs are often moving targets.  They are small targets.  Likely they won't stop a bullet which will then proceed downrange to who knows where and to who knows what consequence.

As for institutionalized racism, please cite a current departmental directive or protocol where a department propounds treating blacks different from other suspects. I am aware of some departments in the distant pass where there was an unofficial ethos embraced even up to the chief to oppress and impose on minorities but nothing like that in many decades.  Probably the most notable such example was the LAPD under Parker.  Some might even argue up to Gates though I would not.  In Parkers case he seemed to concentrate on chicanos, though it was broader than that. True, people within institutions can abuse their institutionally granted authority exhibiting incredible bias and animus, but that is not institionalized as the institutions actively oppose such actions.

As for this instance, very poor police work.  Unnecessary application of inappropriate force.  Even criminal application of force.  I was surprized that amount of force was sufficient to kill, but sometimes kicks or blows are landed in the precise area that kills and cops, hell everybody, need to be aware before stricking a blow that the consequences can be tradgic and the person who strikes any blow is responsible for the consequences of their actions, even the unlikely consequences. Had these officers thought about that they would have found other manners to de-escalate yet still accomplish their objective.  I might even argue that the past round of ill-considered reforms, preventing officers from getting on top of a suspect or choking a suspect, lead to this ill-considered application of tradgic force.

11 hours ago, craftsman said:

He was a known violent criminal who was fighting with the police. He got what he had coming to him. 

I have not heard that.  I heard he had a clean history.  Perhaps I was listening to the wrong source when I heard that.

I doubt those 5 black police officers would’ve beat a 148 lb 5’11” white man. 

5 minutes ago, peenie said:

I doubt those 5 black police officers would’ve beat a 148 lb 5’11” white man. 

Stop it