***OFFICIAL Super Bowl Chiefs v Eagles Thread***

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

That was a quick edit.  

Had to be first and almost too quick :lol:

• Haha 1

Reid vs his former team

Kelce vs Kelce

Mahomes vs Hurts

Should be a good game.  Chiefs fans should be happy there is a full two weeks for Mahomes to heal.

As a Cowboys fan I hate to say it but I think the Eagles win fairly easily.  Double digits.  

@MDC wanna bet a super bowl champ hat or shirt or something?

18 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

@MDC wanna bet a super bowl champ hat or shirt or something?

Sure - lemme know what you have in mind and I’ll get back to you tomorrow. :thumbsup: 

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

Sure - lemme know what you have in mind and I’ll get back to you tomorrow. :thumbsup: 

I'd take a super bowl champ lid that'd probably run around $40 with shipping if I had to guess, and would send you something of equivalent value. 

11 minutes ago, MDC said:

I'll be in Vegas starting Sunday and thinking about putting down a few bucks.  I think the Eagles are going to dominate.  What are your thoughts?

You didn't ask me, but I would wait to see injury reports on a bunch of chiefs. 

Just now, cmh6476 said:

You didn't ask me, but I would wait to see injury reports on a bunch of chiefs. 

Apologies. What are your thought?

I also think we are getting to watch the best two teams of the '22-'23 season compete in this year's Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Apologies. What are your thought?

Oh, I would wait to get injury updates on guys like Mahomes, Kelce, Toney, Pacheco, Hardman, Sneed and Gay.

Would they play the Chiefs/ Eagles rematch in week 1 on Thursday night of the upcoming season?

8 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I'd take a super bowl champ lid that'd probably run around $40 with shipping if I had to guess, and would send you something of equivalent value. 

That sounds good to me, let’s do it. I’m in. 

22 minutes ago, Bert said:

I'll be in Vegas starting Sunday and thinking about putting down a few bucks.  I think the Eagles are going to dominate.  What are your thoughts?

I’m not into making big proclamations but I think Philly can win it sure.

1 minute ago, MDC said:

No worries.  I thought I would ask because you follow the Eagles but are fairly reasonable.  

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

Good luck :cheers:

18 minutes ago, Bert said:

No worries.  I thought I would ask because you follow the Eagles but are fairly reasonable.  

I like the Chiefs matchup better than Cincy because their D isn’t quite as good and they don’t seem to have a real downfield threat. But Mahomes is magic so I can’t really say. I think the Eagles sustaining long running drives is a possible path to success.

We’ll see. :cheers: 

9 minutes ago, MDC said:

I like the Chiefs matchup better than Cincy because their D isn’t quite as good and they don’t seem to have a real downfield threat. But Mahomes is magic so I can’t really say. I think the Eagles sustaining long running drives is a possible path to success.

I wouldn't sell the Chiefs defense short.   They wouldn't be in the place they are in not for the D.  

1 hour ago, Drizzay said:

Reid vs his former team

Kelce vs Kelce

Mahomes vs Hurts

Should be a good game.  Chiefs fans should be happy there is a full two weeks for Mahomes to heal.

Same could be said for the extra time for hurts. 

19 minutes ago, MDC said:

Cincy could barely protect burrow against the chiefs… phillys pass rush would have destroyed. I think KC will prove to be the much better matchup 

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I wouldn't sell the Chiefs defense short.   They wouldn't be in the place they are in not for the D.  

I honestly don’t know a ton about the Chiefs - rarely see them play. I’m comparing them to the Niners D which is really good. I’ll be catching up on podcasts etc the next few weeks. :thumbsup: 

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I honestly don’t know a ton about the Chiefs - rarely see them play. I’m comparing them to the Niners D which is really good. I’ll be catching up on podcasts etc the next few weeks. :thumbsup: 

Chris Jones has been the best interior lineman in the league.   Overall this team has some playmakers on defense including several rookies who have been competing at a very high level including two first round picks from this year's draft. 

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

They are not the Niners D… but the bigger difference will be that the KC offense is not the 49ers offense without a functional QB. 

I would have really enjoyed seeing that NFC championship game played out with a healthy Purdy. Not saying Philly doesn’t win but there’s a lot to be said for the 49ers defense having to deal with 3 turnovers by the offense. It was a 14-7 game and they get the ball at the 49er 30 for that scoring drive to close out the half. Then there was basically no passing threat after that. 

• Like 1

The Chiefs will now have played in three of the last four super bowls, with experience of both winning and losing one.  The eagles have what, 4 players left from their super bowl 5 years ago?

Eventually nerves will settle and the game will just become a game.   But you have to believe the experience helps the Chiefs here. 

6 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

They are not the Niners D… but the bigger difference will be that the KC offense is not the 49ers offense without a functional QB. 

I would have really enjoyed seeing that NFC championship game played out with a healthy Purdy. Not saying Philly doesn’t win but there’s a lot to be said for the 49ers defense having to deal with 3 turnovers by the offense. It was a 14-7 game and they get the ball at the 49er 30 for that scoring drive to close out the half. Then there was basically no passing threat after that. 

Obviously KC is a tougher test than the Niners were yesterday. I’m not going to beat my chest over that win but I’m also not going to hold it over the Eagles. They can only play the team in front of them. 

I think Philly at their best can beat KC for sure. We’ll see what happens.

The super WOKE league gets it's wet dream, especially needed now in the face of the discrimination suit - there was no way in hell they were letting Cincy get out of KC with a win. 

If you take just one tenth of a shot every time "two black qbs for the first time in history!!!" is mentioned, you'll likely be ded by this Thursday.  

(Mahomes is mixed race, btw)

:music_guitarred:

I hope both clubs heal up.  Frankly I found the level of play of each less than compelling this weekend, something I attribute to injuries.

I presume the training rooms of each club are standing room only this morning.  I feel for S.F. and Cincy fans on what might have been.

28 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I hope both clubs heal up.  Frankly I found the level of play of each less than compelling this weekend, something I attribute to injuries.

Championship games were dreadful to watch. Jalen Hurts sucks. 

32 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

That was a battle last night.   It's not all about offense, and that chiefs defensive performance to dominate the line and disrupts the Bengals passing attack was huge.   Even with the best offense in football I still love me some defense. 

8 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

That was a battle last night.   It's not all about offense, and that chiefs defensive performance to dominate the line and disrupts the Bengals passing attack was huge.   Even with the best offense in football I still love me some defense. 

I guess MVS is feeling pretty good about his decisiion to move on from Green Bay.