Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Official Super Bowl Thread: Eagles v Chiefs

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

even so, this stuff is rarely personal.

usually when a new boss comes into a place the first thing he does is bring in his own people that he knows and trusts.

Siranni should know this.   I doubt there are any hard feelings.   but the media will hype it up to the extent that they can.  in the end its a nothingburger.

Exactly, it's just another BS storyline that they'll throw out there. Andy Reid and the Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie are very close personal friends. They have nothing but total respect for each other, in real life. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

he congratulated the NFL (basically himself) and then wouldnt take questions from women on this diversity issue.

seems smart to me.  what can go wrong?

Good riddance to Irvin. So tired of his stupid screaming on the set. Completely unwatchable.

NFL Network pulled former Dallas Cowboys and Hall of Fame wide receiver Michael Irvin from its Super Bowl coverage this week following allegations of misconduct at a hotel Sunday night, the network announced.

“Michael Irvin will not be a part of NFL Network’s Super Bowl LVII week coverage,”

Just now, Ray_T said:

he congratulated the NFL (basically himself) and then wouldnt take questions from women on this diversity issue.

seems smart to me.  what can go wrong?

He's a WAY overpaid woke POS.

On 2/4/2023 at 4:56 PM, weepaws said:

Whew I’m glad that’s over, high ankle sprain might have cost KC the AFC Championship.  But now we know it wasn’t an high ankle sprain, all is good again.  

Well done 👏

Thanks. 

It's kind of telling that none of the receivers who dropped the touchdown passes that cost the Chiefs a win in Super Bowl 55 (Hill, Williams, Pringle) are still with the team.

On 2/8/2023 at 2:13 PM, lod001 said:

He's a WAY overpaid woke POS.

I agree he is overpaid.   but woke would imply he cares about social issues.   I personally dont think he cares.   he just pretends he cares.   there is a difference.   he does things to keep the NFL from getting sued.   he doesnt do them because he cares about the issue.

to that end I'd say hes not woke  at all.

I do respect your right to disagree but this is how I feel about the guy.

29 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I agree he is overpaid.   but woke would imply he cares about social issues.   I personally dont think he cares.   he just pretends he cares.   there is a difference.   he does things to keep the NFL from getting sued.   he doesnt do them because he cares about the issue.

to that end I'd say hes not woke  at all.

I do respect your right to disagree but this is how I feel about the guy.

Yep.... Roger works for 32 owners.  Those are his bosses.  That is all he cares about and giving off the perception that the NFL cares reflects well on his bosses so that they, individually, can not give a f*ck.  

3 minutes ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

Yep.... Roger works for 32 owners.  Those are his bosses.  That is all he cares about and giving off the perception that the NFL cares reflects well on his bosses so that they, individually, can not give a f*ck.  

Nice

1 hour ago, kcBlitzkrieg said:

I couldnt have worded it better myself.   sad but true.

On 2/5/2023 at 8:24 PM, AxeElf said:

If Mahomes keeps up his current pace and plays until he's Tom Brady's age, he will have hosted 23 Conference Championship Games.

Tom Brady hosted 7.

(Mahomes has hosted 5 already.)

That's impressive, but would be more impressive if they equaled more rings. Maybe this will be his 2nd.

Let's hope he turns out to be more like Mike and less like LeBron

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

That's impressive, but would be more impressive if they equaled more rings. Maybe this will be his 2nd.

Let's hope he turns out to be more like Mike and less like LeBron

After 5 years as a starter we'll see a total of two super bowl championships, two super bowl runner up and one afc runner up.   Nobody ever has started their career with that much success. 

2 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

Nobody ever has started their career with that much success.

Mahomes won't either.  He already has two AFC runner-ups, although if Dee Ford could have lined up on his side of the football deep in the 4th quarter, that first one could have easily been another Super Bowl appearance.

30 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Mahomes won't either.  He already has two AFC runner-ups, although if Dee Ford could have lined up on his side of the football deep in the 4th quarter, that first one could have easily been another Super Bowl appearance.

Ah yes but still...

On 2/8/2023 at 12:03 PM, League Champion said:

I wonder what Marcus' views are on why women only representing about 25% of sports journalists at an NFL press conference when women make up 50% of the population. 

On 2/10/2023 at 10:57 AM, cmh6476 said:

After 5 years as a starter we'll see a total of two super bowl championships, two super bowl runner up and one afc runner up.   Nobody ever has started their career with that much success. 

Yeah, is they win all is good. He's got a foot and a half in Canton and is on pace to be up there with Joe Montana, Elway, Peyton, and those guys.

If they lose though, I can see him start to get a bit of an Aaron Rodgers reputation. Top notch talent, but has trouble winning the big one.

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

If they lose though, I can see him start to get a bit of an Aaron Rodgers reputation. Top notch talent, but has trouble winning the big one.

He hasn't been the reason they lost a "big one" yet.  Watch the video and tell me who failed.

17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

He hasn't been the reason they lost a "big one" yet.  Watch the video and tell me who failed.

Mahomes has a 64.2 passer rating in his 2 superbowl appearances. That is replacement level bad…

20 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

No they lost to Tampa Bay because of the line not being able to block and the refs.

However, doesn't really matter in the long run. A win will be a win and a loss will be a loss.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, polecatt said:

No they lost to Tampa Bay because of the line not being able to block

You can parrot "the story" or you can see the true story on YouTube.  The film shows that Mahomes beat the rush and delivered the ball for 3 would-be TDs, had the receivers not failed to catch them.  The corner catch by Pringle would have been difficult, but two of them bounced off of Hill's and Williams' face masks--AFTER Mahomes beat the pressure to deliver the pass.

Mahomes did enough to win that game.  The Chiefs own receivers beat them that day--and as I mentioned before, none of those three receivers who dropped a TD pass in that game are still with the team, while Mahomes is.

• Haha 1

K Cousins just won the number one individual award given in the nfl, the BART Starr award.  

Great job Mr Cousins. 

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

K Cousins just won the number one individual award given in the nfl, the BART Starr award.  

Great job Mr Cousins. 

Wrong, Dak winning Walter Payton man of the year award trumps everything else. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Wrong, Dak winning Walter Payton man of the year award trumps everything else. 

Mmm no I would disagree, Payton was a great player, but ask his wife how poor of a person he was, he cheated on her many times and really wasn’t much of a family man.  He left his family hangin much of his career, I think that award should be renamed after another. Nice try . Good luck today. 

So you’re wrong again.   Congrats K Cousins for winning the best award there is in the NFL.  

56 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Congrats K Cousins for winning the best award there is in the NFL.  

He should with the "Not Advancing In The Playoffs Again Award". 

Or the "Best At Throwing Short Of The Marker Award". 

• Like 1

I don't care what you call it.   The man of the year award is the most rewarding honor in the league. 

3 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

I don't care what you call it.   The man of the year award is the most rewarding honor in the league. 

Nope. You’re blind to what a righteous person is.  

God bless. 

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

He should with the "Not Advancing In The Playoffs Again Award". 

Or the "Best At Throwing Short Of The Marker Award". 

I thought you’re an eagles fan? Why did you remove the Eagles emblem? Stand proud.  

God bless.  

At a super party today, puppy bowl, only thing worth paying attention to today.  

CEH won’t be with KC next season. 

Good luck KC fans, and good luck Eagle fans.  

I did end up making a bet, I took one of those silly ones, I took the eagles to win my ten or more points. N

i think M Sanders will be the mvp.  

God bless.  

wow, philly with first blood.  Kc responds with a drive of their own.

Coverage on 2 plays with Kelce was actually good.  but it didnt matter.  the throw was perfect and they made it count

ouch FG off the upright.  

The Eagles just look like the better team.  Mahomes' legacy may ultimately be losing a lot big games (conference championships and Super Bowls), similar to Andy Reid.

• Like 1

with a 10 point halftime lead that missed FG off the upright is looming large.   if he made it, it would only be a 1 score game.

but it is a 2 score game and Mahomes may be hurt.

While I respect Andy Reid, but I think if Mahomes is out the Chiefs are done if they trail by 10 at halftime.

Mahomes Needs to play if KC is gonna win this game I think

7 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

with a 10 point halftime lead that missed FG off the upright is looming large.   if he made it, it would only be a 1 score game.

but it is a 2 score game and Mahomes may be hurt.

While I respect Andy Reid, but I think if Mahomes is out the Chiefs are done if they trail by 10 at halftime.

Mahomes Needs to play if KC is gonna win this game I think

KC def has as many points as their offense, just think of they hadn’t had that def td, this game would be over.  Darn it.  

17 minutes ago, weepaws said:

KC def has as many points as their offense, just think of they hadn’t had that def td, this game would be over.  Darn it.  

very possible.

but if Mahomes is playing and can be effective I wouldnt rule them out.

not yet anyhow.

I know they say he is hurt but they also said he was hurt in the last game and he looked pretty good for most of the game.  amazed at the mobility on that one play on the last scoring drive.

I still dont believe that was a high ankle sprain but hey, its now about how you perform.   Lets see what mahomes can do.