Sign in to follow this  
nobody

Official Super Bowl Thread: Eagles v Chiefs

ok I actually can see on that last scramble Mahomes was hurt.

if hes healthy he scores there without issue.

granted they got the TD anyhow, but I saw the difference on that play.

either way we now have a game again.

wow, we are watching a very different game than we were watching about 5 minutes ago.

This feels like a game where you don't want to have a lead and the team that is behind will make a game-winning drive at the end.

I just checked the score, wow on Fire is Mahomes and KC.  There goes that double digit win for the Eagles.  Chokers.  

12 minutes ago, Showboat said:

This feels like a game where you don't want to have a lead and the team that is behind will make a game-winning drive at the end.

yeah, feels like a Barnburner.

gives the coach ulcers, but great for the fans.

wow another big run by Mahomes.  you can tell he was hurt on that play.  once again.... if fully healthy he may have scored on that one.

What a game! I guess no more smug head nodding Sirianni, you arrogant sack of crap. Cry Eagles Cry!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ZeroTolerance said:

Well, that is certainly one way to end potentially an all-time Super Bowl...

yeah, sad a call like that last one had to mar this one.

granted, KC was likely getting the FG anyhow.  Butker doesnt miss often.

but its mostly a matter of time for Philly for the comeback and that call deprived them of that

good game though.   reminded me of a classic CFL game. (high scoring)

It's a shame that the Refs basically handed the game to the Chiefs on a ticky-tack call - really the same thing in the AFC championship game.  In my mind it's a big asterisk on the Chiefs championship and raises questions about the games being fixed.  The NFL certainly seems to want Mahomes to be the face of the league.

5 minutes ago, jrokh said:

What a game! I guess no more smug head nodding Sirianni, you arrogant sack of crap. Cry Eagles Cry!

I definitely think he was outcoached in this one.   he made a lot of gambles that paid off (which is good) but I feel like the Chiefs had the better game plan.

I noticed it wasnt often that when hurts broke out of the pocket that he got to roll to the right (where he is more dangerous)  it was nearly always to the left and from the look of the blocking on those plays it looks like that was by design as Hurts is considerably less dangerous rolling that direction and seems to make more questionable throws while rolling left.

great special teams which led to the one TD.

I think the Chiefs were better on time management and the eagles too often were late getting the plays off.  they got lucky the one time as the play was later reviewed but in the end, I think the better team won.

great game to watch though.

From what I just read, sounds like KC has the bigger plays, def td, which Hurts only had eight turnovers the entire season. And I read Toney took a punt almost to the house.  

Puppy Bowl.  

Team Fluff 73, Team Ruff 73 , it was a classic.  

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I think Mahomie plays better when he’s hurt…

I think you may be right.  It keeps him from scrambling as much and trying to make miracle plays every play.  That and/or he's matured into a more intelligent QB making smarter decisions.  Bodes well for his future long term success.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike FF Today said:

Well, he's probably trained to not criticize the officiating so that he doesn't get fined.  I still say it was a ticky-tack call to make at that point in the game and he probably thought it would slide because the refs generally weren't calling stuff like that the whole game up to that point.  And I am not really even a Eagles fan - would just like to see the game decided by the players rather than the officials.

6 hours ago, Showboat said:

Well, he's probably trained to not criticize the officiating so that he doesn't get fined.  I still say it was a ticky-tack call to make at that point in the game and he probably thought it would slide because the refs generally weren't calling stuff like that the whole game up to that point.  And I am not really even a Eagles fan - would just like to see the game decided by the players rather than the officials.

Games are always decided by players, coaches and officials not one group or another. One call doesn't decide a game - it's illogical. You can point to any number of  plays or decisions and say, "well, it that didn't happen, the outcome would be different"... and you might be right.

7 hours ago, Showboat said:

I saw the play.  it was a penalty.

a soft penalty but still a penalty.   I think where people are upset is that those kind of soft penalties often dont get called in a close game but got called in this case.

This is a different issue.   and I think the commentators acknowledged the same in their own words.

In the let them score situations, the defensive coordinators need to train their players to force the ball carrier to score.  The eagles were just jogging with him to the end zone.  They need to grab him and throw him in.  He went right up the the line.  All he needed was a shove.

10 hours ago, Mike FF Today said:

Anybody that watched the entire play knows that's what happened.

Was it a little ticky tack? Perhaps...

However, I do remember a play in the first half where the eagles got away with two defensive holding calls on the same play on 3rd down, so it evens out if you want to play that game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Anybody that watched the entire play knows that's what happened.

Was it a little ticky tack? Perhaps...

However, I do remember a play in the first half where the eagles got away with two defensive holding calls on the same play on 3rd down, so it evens out if you want to play that game

this is the main reason these fringe calls go uncalled most of the time.   then you get into fairness and equity questions which is never a good thing when you are talking about officiating.

I think that's my point.  Players get a sense for how the game is being called.  There were probably more flagrant holds throughout the game on both sides that didn't get called.  To suddenly see that call made at that point in the game was disappointing.  Sure, one play doesn't decide a game, but a bad call (or bad play) early can be overcome.  At that point, that call basically gave KC the win.  When those are the stakes the refs should let'em play unless there is a jersey-stretching take-down, especially when they hadn't been making those calls earlier in the game.

• Like 1

Did any of you now KC die hard fans  receive a text of thanks from the organization or mr Mahomes himself. I’m just wondering.  

The super bowl Vs the Falcons, what did Brady’s stats look like? Just wondering since your sending.  

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Did any of you now KC die hard fans  receive a text of thanks from the organization or mr Mahomes himself. I’m just wondering.  

Hopefully Mahomes doesn't mind me sharing this, but he DM'ed me, "weepaws doesn't know anything about football."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Hopefully Mahomes doesn't mind me sharing this, but he DM'ed me, "weepaws doesn't know anything about football."

Looks like I’m very popular.  Told everyone that they follow FFToday.  

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

Funny because you could kind of say the same thing about Jalen Hurts saving AJ Brown's career.

On 2/13/2023 at 10:33 PM, AxeElf said:

Defense wins Championships...

...unless Mahomes is on offense.

Isiah Pacheco is gonna get overlooked for his role just like Damien Williams did last time I suppose?

Isiah Pacheco is gonna get overlooked for his role just like Damien Williams did last time I suppose?

No, I think he'll be at the parade too.

4 hours ago, polecatt said:

he performed really well in the game I thought.   CEH may well be redundant in this offense.  

whether they trade him or just keep him as a backup remains to be seen but Pacheco is definitely the lead dog in that backfield (in my opinion)

Today Pacheco is the rb1, not so sure they don’t look at Rbs during the offseason. I see them not ever really having a true rb1.  

35 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Today Pacheco is the rb1, not so sure they don’t look at Rbs during the offseason. I see them not ever really having a true rb1.  

the kid is still young.  I think there is considerable upside to his game.   Unless the chiefs know something we all dont, I think he should be the RB1 next year.

16 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

the kid is still young.  I think there is considerable upside to his game.   Unless the chiefs know something we all dont, I think he should be the RB1 next year.

I don't see it, he's just a JAG in a great offense to me. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

I don't see it, he's just a JAG in a great offense to me.

First of all, saying "he's just a just a guy" is stupid.

Secondly. saying he's "just a guy" is stupid.

He averaged 10 yards per catch (caught 13 of 14 targets) and 5.0 yards per carry on 207 totes, which tied him for 11th in the NFL with Rhamondre Stevenson and Nick Chubb, and which was more than other JAGs like Josh Jacobs, Christian McCaffrey, Saquon Barkley and Derrick Henry.

Pacheco will continue to be the feature back on into the future.