Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Favorite songs that tell a story

What are some of your favorite songs which tell a story?

Here's one of mine:

I thought of this topic when a different "story" song came up in my playlist shuffle this morning.  I'll be interested to see if anyone comes up with it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DonS said:

What are some of your favorite songs which tell a story?

Here's one of mine:

I thought of this topic when a different "story" song came up in my playlist shuffle this morning.  I'll be interested to see if anyone comes up with it. 

I thought you would have gone with this one.

25 minutes ago, Bert said:

I thought you would have gone with this one.

That and Paschendale are both good ones, but I was actually listening to Lynryd Skynyrd when I thought of this topic. 

21 minutes ago, lickin_starfish said:

The Operation Mindcrime album by Queensryche.

25 bucks a fock and John's a happy man.  She wipes the filth away and it's back on the streets agaaaaiiiiinnnn.  :headbanger:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

And of course:

I have NEVER listened to that song.  A friend of mine listens every Thanksgiving.  What's the tie in to TDay? 

34 minutes ago, DonS said:

I have NEVER listened to that song.  A friend of mine listens every Thanksgiving.  What's the tie in to TDay? 

The main action, the dumping of garbage, occured on Thanksgiving.  The dumping was illegal as the city dump was closed on Thanksgiving.  They saw another pile of garbage down a cliff and rather than bring that one up they threw theirs down.  Officer Opie figured out is was them as he found an envelope with their name on it under the half a ton pile of garbage.  

Pina Colada song

Seasons in the sun...terry jacks

Diary...Bread

Same Old Lang Syne...dan fogelberg.

Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

16 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

The main action, the dumping of garbage, occured on Thanksgiving.  The dumping was illegal as the city dump was closed on Thanksgiving.  They saw another pile of garbage down a cliff and rather than bring that one up they threw theirs down.  Officer Opie figured out is was them as he found an envelope with their name on it under the half a ton pile of garbage.  

Thanks for the recap :thumbsup:

Just asking a question... as I've stated in the past, I really don't listen to music much.  Don't all songs (or at least the vast majority of them), tell a story?

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Just asking a question... as I've stated in the past, I really don't listen to music much.  Don't all songs (or at least the vast majority of them), tell a story?

Fair question, but some are definitely more story based.  Others are basically "I like to rock!  I like to party!  I have a wet ass poosay! Etc" 

22 minutes ago, DonS said:

Fair question, but some are definitely more story based.  Others are basically "I like to rock!  I like to party!  I have a wet ass poosay! Etc" 

I went back and listened to the song you posted.  DEFINITELY different than the "I like to rock!  I like to party!  I have a wet ass poosay!", exceptions you noted.  After listening to the song you posted, I think there's probably a lot less like that than the kind I was thinking about.

14 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Samuel Taylor Coleridge :headbanger: