• Superman
    • Target
    • The Package
    • Unforgiven
    • Crimson Tide
    • Get Shorty
    • French Connection
    • Another Movue Not On List

Few days ago I added to my movie queue The Conversation(1974) starring Hackman.  

So many good ones, but my favorite one is probably "The Quick and The Dead", it's not the best western and it's certainly not Gene's best movie, but I just love watching that film.  To me the entire picture was Sam Raimi wrote a story around him shooting cool gunfights.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

So many good ones, but my favorite one is probably "The Quick and The Dead", it's not the best western and it's certainly not Gene's best movie, but I just love watching that film.  To me the entire picture was Sam Raimi wrote a story around him shooting cool gunfights.  

Saw the Conversation many years back and believe Harrison Ford and Cindy Williams who just past is in it as well.

2 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Saw the Conversation many years back and believe Harrison Ford and Cindy Williams who just past is in it as well.

*passed

35 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I came in here just to say The Quick and the Dead. It’s not a great movie: maybe it’s not even a good one.  But when I come across it, I can’t see to stop watching.

ETA: I don’t see The Replacements on there either.  Another one that is entertaining, even if it’s not great.

• Like 1

the replacements

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I came in here just to say The Quick and the Dead. It’s not a great movie: maybe it’s not even a good one.  But when I come across it, I can’t see to stop watching.

ETA: I don’t see The Replacements on there either.  Another one that is entertaining, even if it’s not great.

Like I mentioned earlier he has many good movies like Denzel. Replacements was a fun watch.

59 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Saw it for the first time a few months ago. It was really good and surprisingly strange. 

The Unforgiven is my vote.

• Like 1

another tough one...

the firm

hoosiers

crimson tide

wait a minute... wasnt he in behind enemy lines? i change my answer!

Unforgiven.  I'm not sure anyone could've done a better job as Little Bill.  

Hoosiers I can't turn off once I see it on.

14 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

wait a minute... wasnt he in behind enemy lines? i change my answer!

No, that was Owen wilson.

2 hours ago, wiffleball said:

No, that was Owen wilson.

He is thinking of Bat 21 I bet. My bad and he was in both and basically the same movie script.

4 minutes ago, Cruzer said:

Loved him in Quick and the Dead too.......... not mentioned. 

Damn, totally forgot about that movie.  :thumbsup:

33 minutes ago, Bert said:

Damn, totally forgot about that movie.  :thumbsup:

It was mentioned a few times by posters in this topic. My bad for not listing it and didn't know it was that well liked.

5 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

Same here.  And yes, It's a great movie. Kinda cheesy, but still great :doublethumbsup:

14 hours ago, Big Blue 06 said:

I think the reason why so many people really like the Quick and Dead, besides it's absurd plot is that all the actors are taking it seriously. They are all invested in the characters. Add in Raimi's cool direction and it's a pretty irresistible guy movie.

Side note, I attended a screening of Army of Darkness hosted by Bruce Campbell.  He did a QA afterwards and someone asked why he has a credit in The Quick and Dead since he doesn't appear. Told us that Pat Hingle(saloon keeper) started bugging Raimi that after his daughter gets whored out by that one qunfighter, he thought the father should do something more to reassert himself as a protector. Really started driving Raimi nuts about it. Campbell showed up on set to visit Raimi, Raimi created a quick scene where Bruce starts drunkenly hitting on the daughter and Hingle punches him out. Course it never made the movie, but it shut up Hingle.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I think the reason why so many people really like the Quick and Dead, besides it's absurd plot is that all the actors are taking it seriously. They are all invested in the characters. Add in Raimi's cool direction and it's a pretty irresistible guy movie.

Side note, I attended a screening of Army of Darkness hosted by Bruce Campbell.  He did a QA afterwards and someone asked why he has a credit in The Quick and Dead since he doesn't appear. Told us that Pat Hingle(saloon keeper) started bugging Raimi that after his daughter gets whored out by that one qunfighter, he thought the father should do something more to reassert himself as a protector. Really started driving Raimi nuts about it. Campbell showed up on set to visit Raimi, Raimi created a quick scene where Bruce starts drunkenly hitting on the daughter and Hingle punches him out. Course it never made the movie, but it shut up Hingle.  :lol:

I liked it because a still young enough Sharon Stone wore both leather and lace, and more importantly Leonardo DiCaprio got killed.  I would have liked it even better had alec Baldwin been in the production and had a gun fight scene with Leonardo.

I bet there was not a lot of oral going on in the old west if chicks wore leather, in the heat, and rode horses and only bathed sporadically.

18 hours ago, posty said:

Young Frankenstein

What a great performance! He asked for a part in that movie. I believe the "I was going to make espresso." line was not scripted. 

17 hours ago, Bert said:

Mississippi Burning 

That would have been my vote. He was great in that film.

He was a Marine. Funny how many of the old time actors didn’t come from wealth. They all seem to nowadays with some exceptions 

12 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

I believe the "I was going to make espresso." line was not scripted. 

If true, that is even funnier now...

Thanks for the info...

• Thanks 1