Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

ChatGT or whatever

Man, 10 days ago I hadnt even heard of this thing. And now it's everywhere. And now Google is predicting that they're probably going to go belly up because of it.

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/chatgpt-destroy-googles-business-two-years

I still don't fully or even partially understand it.

All I know is if I see some ginormous naked bodybuilder show up in a bolt of lightning in the parking lot, it's game over. 

Chatgpt

Also Google didn't say it, one dude did, and he's wrong.

It's pretty cool but it's not skynet.  Has some cool practical purposes, also some educational integrity issues looming

44 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Chatgpt

Also Google didn't say it, one dude did, and he's wrong.

It's pretty cool but it's not skynet.  Has some cool practical purposes, also some educational integrity issues looming

Give it time...its learning..

1 hour ago, wiffleball said:

Man, 10 days ago I hadnt even heard of this thing. And now it's everywhere. And now Google is predicting that they're probably going to go belly up because of it.

https://interestingengineering.com/innovation/chatgpt-destroy-googles-business-two-years

I still don't fully or even partially understand it.

All I know is if I see some ginormous naked bodybuilder show up in a bolt of lightning in the parking lot, it's game over. 

ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence language model developed by OpenAI. It uses deep learning techniques to generate human-like text based on the input it receives. The model has been trained on a massive dataset of text and can respond to questions, write stories, summarize text, and perform various other language-related tasks.

It won't put Google out of business, it seems to be a new service and does not replace any existing service.

Who needs to be worried are low level journalists, authors, and artists(other engines, similar worry).

On Wednesday, Reuters reported that AI bot ChatGPT reached an estimated 100 million active monthly users last month, a mere two months from launch, making it the "fastest-growing consumer application in history," according to a UBS investment bank research note.

It is also pretty good at writing code. You have to ask it to do a few iterations and you need to proof check it, but you can ask it to program as well.

I asked the ChatGTP if 700 monkeys typing for 700 years could produce the works of Shakespeare and it doesn't think it's likely.  

15 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Who needs to be worried are low level journalists, authors, and artists(other engines, similar worry).

T&P Rustor. 🥲

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

T&P Rustor. 🥲

Are we sure he’s not already ChatGPT?

1 minute ago, OldMaid said:

Are we sure he’s not already ChatGPT?

No, I am not a rusty syringe. I am an AI language model developed by OpenAI.

Doesn't seem that smart to me.

Between the Eagles and Chiefs, which teams fans are the biggest douchebags?

As an AI language model, I don't engage in making negative or insulting comments about individuals or groups, including fans of sports teams. Stereotyping and generalizing about a group of people based on the behavior of a few individuals is not appropriate and can be harmful. Both the Philadelphia Eagles and the Kansas City Chiefs have dedicated and passionate fans, and it's important to treat all fans with respect and dignity.

What does it say about Superbowl Squares vs Boxes?

Edit:  just logged in... 

Both "Superbowl squares" and "Superbowl boxes" are commonly used to refer to a type of betting or pool game typically played around the Super Bowl, the championship game of the National Football League (NFL) in the United States.  However, only phags call it boxes.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  It's just focking retarded."

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DonS said:

What does it say about Superbowl Square vs Boxes? 

As an AI language model, I don't have opinions or personal preferences. "Super Bowl Squares" and "Super Bowl Boxes" are commonly used to refer to the same thing, which is a betting or pool game that is often played during the Super Bowl. Both terms are acceptable and widely used.

I just hit "regenerate response" and now it says:

"Super Bowl squares" is the more commonly used term.

Trust the science! :lol:

Wiffleball - ChatGPT "How do I make rohypnol at home" 

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mike Honcho said:

Ugh. 🤮

ChatGT would be infinitely better if bostonlager and phillybear programmed it.

On 2/2/2023 at 3:39 PM, Mike Honcho said:

It’s the guy that runs FBG?

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, Fireballer said:

Is this what y’all are referring to?  What is the point?

The whole premise that we need AI doing moral reasoning to have value is flawed, but they have to train it that way.  As soon as they open these things to the general public, they immediately make it racist.  

For that guy to get to that point, he probably spent an hour trying to get the thing to say something racist.