weepaws

Update: Joe Mixon, Bengals Agree on Restructured Contract

Sounds like he might be in trouble again. 

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Sounds like he might be in trouble again. 

If you're starting this thread, you should include what the trouble is. 

• Thanks 1

Per ESPN... According to an arrest warrant obtained by WCPO-TV, Mixon allegedly pointed a gun at an individual on Jan. 21 and said the person should be "popped in the face." The warrant states the incident occurred on the intersection of Walnut Street and East Third Street in downtown Cincinnati, one day before the Bengals defeated the Buffalo Bills in the divisional round of the AFC playoffs.

I think a local sports writer contacted Mixon's Mom, for a comment.  She said that the woman who purportedly had the gun pointed at her is in it for a "money grab" / civil suit.

5 hours ago, Bills04 said:

I think a local sports writer contacted Mixon's Mom, for a comment.  She said that the woman who purportedly had the gun pointed at her is in it for a "money grab" / civil suit.

Thats probably always what his mom would say.   or she would just say it never happened.

she is his mom.  shes not gonna rat out her son.

that said, something smells a bit fishy about this.   not sure exactly what.   Either way I guess we will see if the league sees fit to do anything about it.    even if he did its another one of those things thats a bit concerning and mostly goofy but not anything I think would result in a long suspension or anything.

Kissinger, and Nixon same thread.  

On 2/3/2023 at 1:47 PM, jrokh said:

Nothingburger?

quite possibly.....

On 2/3/2023 at 2:54 AM, Bills04 said:

Never met a mother who said her gangbanger son deserved to go to jail.

Say it isn’t so Joe. 

I assume the Bengals are not that worried about Mixon's situation. The draft is over it appears to still be Mixon's job to lose.  I don't know anything about rookie Chase Brown. I guess there is still time to add a free agent. No big moves could be good news Mixon owners.

A quick look at potential RB free agents that could be a possibility for the Bengals...

- Zeke Elliott
- Leonard Fournette
- Kareem Hunt

Hunt would be a good fit.  

12 hours ago, League Champion said:

Draft Chase Brown. 

is he a actual threat to Mixon or a back up? I know nothing about him.

Brown is a three down rb, you can block.  I think unlike Perine who played only when Mixon was injured, I think Brown will be too good for the Bengals just to sit him, Mixon owners need to beware.  Great landing spot for Brown. 

4 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

➡️ Link

Thank you. I'm very shocked where Brown has been going in drafts. I drafted him well ahead of his ADP and I'm quite content with it. He has a clear path to the starting job, and sooner than later. 

hes an interesting prospect.   I copied and pasted below from a scouting report.    from the sound of it, hes not gonna push the pile in short yardage situations but hes good in almost every other way.   could be better in pass pro, but thats typical for a young RB.

Top Reasons to Buy In:

• Elite speed to the perimeter and proven home-run hitting ability
  • Promising explosion as a bellcow back in 2022 with a significant workload
  • Light feet to create subtle cuts and bend runs with pace through the point of attack
  • Shows good appetite for pass protection

Top Reasons For Concern:

• Does not appear to have the power to move the pile and earn tough yards between the tackles
  • Will likely get rotated out in short-yardage and goal-line situations for a heavier back
  • Currently catches too many blows in protection, conceding space that could compromise his QB 
  • Passes on hard yardage to bounce to the perimeter at times

Other reasons to buy, Mixon low avg  per ru#h last four seasons, and Perine is now playing for the Broncos.  

On 5/9/2023 at 7:02 PM, weepaws said:

Other reasons to buy, Mixon low avg  per ru#h last four seasons, and Perine is now playing for the Broncos.  

I traded away Mixon in 2 Dynasty leagues and drafted his replacement, Chase Brown. There's no way they bring Mixon back next season and I wouldn't be surprised if Chase Brown claims the job by Week 6. Between his legal issues and his declining production, I'm out. 

Regardless of what happens with Mixon's situation I've went ahead and drafted RB CHASE Brown late in a few drafts. I had room on my bench to stash. I truly think that once week1 rolls around Chase Brown will clearly be Mixon's backup and depending if Mixon even plays I think this rookie could step right in to the starting gig. So, I'd keep an eye on him through training camp and he could be worth a shot at drafting.

C Brown is the next rb up, and I agree he’s going to play even if Mixon stays with the Bengals.  

11 hours ago, weepaws said:

C Brown is the next rb up, and I agree he’s going to play even if Mixon stays with the Bengals.  

I concur with you Weepaws. In the projections they have him ranked as the 4t best rookie rb behind Bijan, Gibbs & Charbonet with just under400 total yds. and 3 tds. I say he'll exceed those projections and with a little luck he could finish right behind Bijan Robinson in production. I think Gibbs is gonna be good but not sure how much they'll use him this year. Given the off field issues Mixon's having it wouldn't surprise me to see Chase Brown get a fair amount of usage right out of the gate. While yeah, I'd draft Bijan and Gibbs ahead of Brown I say not sleep on this guy. My hunch tells me that he could definitely be a late round sleeper pick and reward guys for seeing the potential and opportunities he could have this year. I have him in a couple of leagues and I'll look to continue snagging in the later rounds of drafts. If you have room to.stash him I say go get.him, you won't be disappointed. Ok, the naysayers.may now chime in. It's all good though

Brown is someone I would like to draft and stash, another would be Charbonnet.  I think he’s a bigger treat to Walkers rb1 status than most think.  

I would rather have Tyjae Spears than any of those guys.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

I would rather have Tyjae Spears than any of those guys.

I have both Spears and Brown in dynasty leagues and while I do like Spears slightly more I think they are in the same tier. Both have some potential because they are both behind older backs. Henry is older and has more wear however Mixon has the craziness factor.

Spears is more talented however he is also the bigger injury risk due to not having an ACL. Hines ward was also missing his ACL and was quite durable in the nfl, however comparing a hall of fame receiver to a 3rd round rookie is probably not the best idea.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have both Spears and Brown in dynasty leagues and while I do like Spears slightly more I think they are in the same tier. Both have some potential because they are both behind older backs. Henry is older and has more wear however Mixon has the craziness factor.

Spears is more talented however he is also the bigger injury risk due to not having an ACL. Hines ward was also missing his ACL and was quite durable in the nfl, however comparing a hall of fame receiver to a 3rd round rookie is probably not the best idea.

I am not sure Mixon is going to jail or anything.  its a misdemeanor.    but its definitely one of those things that makes a person feel that the risk is perhaps more than what we were previously accounting for.

To that end, if someone is willing to pay top dollar for Mixon, he may be a nice guy to sell.

Unless king Henry retires before this season, I’ll pass on Spears in my two 14 team redrafts.  I’ll take Brown and Charbonnet over him.  

If further evidence is needed for the utility of Spears, I present the post above mine as Exhibit A...

So now it’s wait and see time with Mixon.  Looks like it’s a pay cut for him to stay on the team, C Browns stock would be a climbing.   

Stop bumping this thread.  Start an official Joe Mixon thread if he's not arrested,

are we still talking about this guy?    the news is old now.   unless something new happens in the story, lets let it die.

I think he’s still news worthy until I draft.