wiffleball

Super secret Chinese surveillance aircraft over Montana

8 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Joint Base Charleston in SC handled it. 

Joint base? Whoa that's way cooler than space force!  🌿🌿

Cash money says Biden will have the fighter pilots at the Whitehouse. He’ll probably tell them about all the planes he shot down in Nam. Ted Williams was his tail gunner. 

2 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-says-hell-shoot-down-chinese-spy-balloon-as-soon-as-hes-done-letting-it-spy

Biden Says He’ll Shoot Down Chinese Spy Balloon As Soon As He’s Done Letting It Spy

That's how it turned out. Shot down off the coast of South Carolina. 

So what are the theories as to what this thing was doing? All the ones on Twitter don’t seem plausible to me. I’m not sure what they gain from a spy opp when they have satellites in the air, tik tok on every idiots phone and spies in all of our institutions. They are not going to war with us the rest of the globe would cut them off and then they would internally collapse. 

We need to retaliate by releasing a few thousand of those Baby Trump ballons that use to show up at rallys.  Unfortunately with us out of Afghanistan I dont know from where we could launch them.  Still, imagine the terror as thousands of orange naked babies with cotton-candy hair swarm chinese airspace.  It could well start a revolt of some kind.

Two 'Baby Trump' balloons inflated near 18th and Boston - Bing video

• Haha 2

End of the day, I don't think they got very much. The Air Force just released photos of the two guys piloting the balloon and they're both looking down at the ground and squinting.  👲🥢

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

We need to retaliate by releasing a few thousand of those Baby Trump ballons that use to show up at rallys.  Unfortunately with us out of Afghanistan I dont know from where we could launch them.  Still, imagine the terror as thousands of orange naked babies with cotton-candy hair swarm chinese airspace.  It could well start a revolt of some kind.

Two 'Baby Trump' balloons inflated near 18th and Boston - Bing video

We can hire Stormy Daniels to blow them

Up. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Up. 

I'd have to read over a few conventions.  Sending balloons she had put her mouth to, maybe leaving viral and bacterial residue could be considered biologivcal warfare by some.  If a few of those balloons landed in a wet market and were licked by pangolins who knows the ramifications?

16 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

End of the day, I don't think they got very much. The Air Force just released photos of the two guys piloting the balloon and they're both looking down at the ground and squinting.  👲🥢

What is there were a crew of little Chinamen on board?

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The point is we have the capability to take it down. You’re just parroting what you’re told by shills providing cover. I’ll even go as far to say there may be a strategic reason they don’t want to take it down. But it’s not because we can’t. You’re the embodiment of the useful idiot.  

Rusty lost this thread. 

5 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Rusty lost this thread. 

You lost your heart in San Francisco, creamy legs.

They treated it like a herpes outbreak. Didn’t pop anything, let it run it’s course, and if people pointed and stated they just acted like it was no big deal 

• Haha 1

I feel so much safer now than I did two hours ago. I was really worried about that falling debris. Good job Biden!

20 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

YaHoooooooooo!

When they eventually take it out with the first shot once it's over the Atlantic I'm sure you'll be back in here apologizing for how stupid you are.  

Yep. 

Interesting how flightradar24.com showed a balloon over South Carolina at 61,500 altitude.  It was the only balloon in the sky over entire United States last night and it went off the coast above the Atlantic Ocean when I went to bed.  It was at 61,500 altitude and registered to the United States but flightradar24 put out a twitter post saying this is not the Chinese balloon but that this is a U.S balloon and we have others in the sky.  Now that balloon is gone from their tracking website and there are ZERO other balloons it's tracking now.

3 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Up. 

Small world. At the grocery store I just bumped into Scott Lieberman, the dude that took at iconic Columbia explosion photo, and asked him if he geeked out on the balloon. 

"They used a flippin' F22 to shoot it down!!!" he said with an :rolleyes:.

He speculated that it was just a wayward weather balloon and questioned why it wasn't shot down over sparsely populated areas of Alaska and Montana.

Overall, he found the whole thing rather amusing.

18 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Small world. At the grocery store I just bumped into Scott Lieberman, the dude that took at iconic Columbia explosion photo, and asked him if he geeked out on the balloon. 

"They used a flippin' F22 to shoot it down!!!" he said with an :rolleyes:.

He speculated that it was just a wayward weather balloon and questioned why it wasn't shot down over sparsely populated areas of Alaska and Montana.

Overall, he found the whole thing rather amusing.

His speculation was off the mark. DOD confirmed it was spying. 

17 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

We caught them yellow handed!

By the way, let's say you're a kidney doctor in china. How do you tell if somebody has jaundice? 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Why would they use a clearly obviously, gigantic, easily trackable object in the sky to spy on things when they could just use those expensive satellites to do a better spying job?

I suppose we could slice up the definition of spying, but if I'm spying on something, I'd probably attempt some stealth so it's not so obvious that I'm spying.

Biden can still get it up even though it took a while. Trump had 3 tries and couldn’t.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Why would they use a clearly obviously, gigantic, easily trackable object in the sky to spy on things when they could just use those expensive satellites to do a better spying job?

I suppose we could slice up the definition of spying, but if I'm spying on something, I'd probably attempt some stealth so it's not so obvious that I'm spying.

Since they did it 3 times during Trump’s term in office with no consequences, maybe they thought America was cool with it?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

Biden can still get it up even though it took a while. Trump had 3 tries and couldn’t.

Whoa, what?

1 minute ago, dogcows said:

Since they did it 3 times during Trump’s term in office with no consequences, maybe they thought America was cool with it?

I would like to see more on this. Spying is just what everyone does. I think this ex-balloon today is funny. 

China's response is nuts.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/04/china-claims-right-to-respond-after-us-shoots-down-balloon/

"The Chinese government said Saturday that President Biden’s decision to shoot down the spy balloon that crossed America was an “excessive reaction” and that it “retains the right to respond further.”"

If it was homegrown, one of us launched that, FAA rules concerning unregistered, unmanned craft capable of that altitude would require it gets neutralized immediately.

Then you'd be fined, at the least. Probably billed for the mission and cleanup.

1 hour ago, dogcows said:

Seriously? You had to know that Trump would empathize. There's no way in hell he's going to shoot at an unstable  giant white gas bag. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we imagine this had been happening in the UK instead of the US, we would absolutely understand them taking it down.

And if they had done it much earlier on, that would have been respected, too.

If it was ours over China, regardless of us saying "Oops! It's harmless though," Americans would respect that they treated it otherwise. It's their airspace. (Putting aside all the more covert stuff).

China has to know calling the US response "excessive" is whack. So I wonder why they are.

And then, "retains the right to respond further." :blink:

1 minute ago, naomi said:

China has to know calling it excessive is whack. So I wonder why they are.

Because it was shot down after it's mission was complete. The Chinese already had all of the data that they wanted. It made no sense to shoot it down over the ocean, it was no longer a threat.

The idiot should of shot it down before it entered America airspace or over rural Wyoming. He basically let the Chinese get what they needed before he shot it down.

This President is useless. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Because it was shot down after it's mission was complete. The Chinese already had all of the data that they wanted. It made no sense to shoot it down over the ocean, it was no longer a threat.

The idiot should of shot it down before it entered America airspace or over rural Wyoming. He basically let the Chinese get what they needed before he shot it down.

yeah, I don't think you understand for example, how effective our EA 6B prowler is. We fried every circuit before the media even knew there was a balloon out there. I'll guarantee you that. Not to mention, Pentagon said as much as well. 

If you want to try to be smart? Then your question is, why did the Chinese do it? And I'm guessing it has something to do with response times.

End of the day? It's just a big General Tso what?

I'm curious why China is making it a point to say they "retain the right to respond further." Given the overall context, that response is what seems excessive.

So were and are they intentionally being provocative?

Or are they just saying that to sound tough and in control (but would anyone be questioning that internally?)

If the latter, then would that mean they don't understand that they don't even need to look tough here, because we just let their craft fly thousands of miles through our airspace..

8 hours ago, League Champion said:

So Trump, who allowed 3 balloons to fly over without even telling the public, was 3x more useless.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dogcows said:

So Trump, who allowed 3 balloons to fly over without even telling the public, was 3x more useless.

Yes, doesn't make either episode right. Deflecting is weakness, a Liberal tactic if you will. Don't do that 

4 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Yes, doesn't make either episode right. Deflecting is weakness, a Liberal tactic if you will. Don't do that 

Why is that deflecting? At least Biden actually did something. The last guy just covered this stuff up. And he publicly criticized Biden on this event… despite doing nothing when he was in power. Pointing out that hypocrisy from the former President who made “tough on China” a big part of his campaign is definitely within the scope of this discussion. He opened himself up to this when he went after Biden for his handling of the situation.

• Thanks 1