Sign in to follow this  
Vince44

Outside of live sports, Do you still watch ESPN?

MNF and nothing else. 

Back in the day while on business travel I'd have the hotel TV on Sportscenter all the time. 

Sometimes.

I listen to Fox Sports radio a lot during the week, with Dan Patrick, Colin Cowherd and Doug Gottlieb. 

Nope. Can’t change the channel fast enough when the game is over. Maybe Disney will get rid of it and it can go back to sports and not being woke. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

Only live sports. But I don’t watch any other channels for sports talk either. 

My buddy turned me on to "Locked On <insert NFL team>" podcasts. 

Nope.  If you would have told me that 25 years ago, I would have said you were full of sh!t.

Don’t watch any sports.  

Here and there, sure. But not religiously, nor am I committed to any one show. 

38 minutes ago, Patented Phil said:

Fock no. ESPN died several years ago. Their NFL “experts” consist of a miserable, 20-something Asian-American chick and an effeminate 2nd string NFL quarterback who cut his teeth at UConn.  They’re  polluted by Leftist pukes.

Same

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Don’t watch any sports.  

And yet will claim profusely Mahomes will never win another super bowl :lol:

In general I watch little TV.  Always chiefs and Jayhawks, usually other nfl games, the royals occasionally (moreso when games matter) and then otherwise the office or a Netflix movie or something.   So i guess no, never really have. 

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

And yet will claim profusely Mahomes will never win another super bowl :lol:

In general I watch little TV.  Always chiefs and Jayhawks, usually other nfl games, the royals occasionally (moreso when games matter) and then otherwise the office or a Netflix movie or something.   So i guess no, never really have. 

And I’m right at this time.  Don’t need to watch the game to know the game.  But hey maybe he proves me wrong Vs the Eagles.  

No. I do like some Sirius XM channels for sports though: mad dog, NFL, and fantasy sports.

The problem is ESPN only covers a few stories and is more concerned with being entertaining than informing. Same problem news channels have as well.

Never

No, never. 

Which is kind of a bummer. When I was a teenager, I'd watch the same SportsCenter multiple times, I'd rarely change the channel. Watched all the silly exotic sports, loved it.

Unwatchable now.

I'll watch a 30 for 30 but nothing other than live sports.  I suppose I might watch a pregame show but none of the talk shows.

No, except the occasional 30 for 30. The hosts and hot takes are unbearable.

nope, never. I went to a bar to get lunch yesterday and it was on. Was all about Brady. His retirement is really starting to hit me.

February 2nd, 2002 is one of the greatest sports days of my life. :wub:  thank you Tommy!

DVR PTI and watch it a day late when I'm on the treadmill in the morning. Still enjoy that show---mostly cause I find TK & MW likable. 

11 hours ago, Vince44 said:

PTI? 

30 for 30?

SportsCenter?

First Take? 

NFL Live? 

Not really.  Maybe for 5-10 minutes here and there.   Shows all seem the same now...boring.

I used to stay up late on Saturday nights to watch the NFL show with Jaworski and Sal Paliantonio. Is that still on? 

12 hours ago, Vince44 said:

PTI? 

30 for 30?

SportsCenter?

First Take? 

NFL Live? 

I stopped watching & listening to ESPN & ESPN Radio many years ago.

I watch the ESPN2 fantasy football show Sundays during the season.  Not "glued to the TV" watch, but on in the background to overhear if one of my players raped someone or got an owie during a contract dispute.

Am I the only person on a fantasy football chat board that watches it?  :unsure: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

I watch the ESPN2 fantasy football show Sundays during the season.  Not "glued to the TV" watch, but on in the background to overhear if one of my players raped someone or got an owie during a contract dispute.

Am I the only person on a fantasy football chat board that watches it?  :unsure: 

I have stopped watching all fantasy content. That show on the NFL network is an abomination. Schedule and an injury report. I’ll take it from there. 

1 hour ago, edjr said:

February 2nd, 2002 is one of the greatest sports days of my life. :wub:  thank you Tommy!

The day before the Pats won their first SB? :unsure:

Early 90s when I was out of high school, shared an apartment with a friend. Rent was 480 for a 2 bedroom (240 each)

I had A LOT of free time on my hands. I would watch ESPN every monring for about 2 hours and then switch over to Days of Our Lives

2 minutes ago, Thornton Melon said:

The day before the Pats won their first SB? :unsure:

I knew they would win. me and 3 other friends put $25 each on the money line. 

We called St Louis sports bars and were talking smack to them during the half time.

Not really.  If it is on in a bar or in an airport I'll watch but other than that no.