Sign in to follow this  
Engorgeous George

What makes poor performing schools perform poorly?

Are their classrooms built to tighter dimensions?

Are their text books, to the extent they use text books incomplete or inferior.

Are their maps drawn by hand and from memory, their globes from the 1300"s?

Are their teachers unlicensed?

What causes some schools to perform well andf others poorly, as if schools perform and not the students who attend.  Still, as we constantly hear that phrase perhaps someone can explain it to me.  Oh, and explaining it does not mean you agree with the explanation, unless, of course, you say that you do. 

3 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

What causes some schools to perform well andf others poorly, as if schools perform and not the students who attend.  Still, as we constantly hear that phrase perhaps someone can explain it to me.  Oh, and explaining it does not mean you agree with the explanation, unless, of course, you say that you do. 

I’d say poor parenting and overwhelmed teachers. It’s hard for a teacher to overcome what they are handed by shitty parents. And there are a lot of them in some areas. Add into it a lack of discipline in schools and pushing kids on to the next grade regardless if they learn the required material.  That’s a start.  

• Like 1

Mostly the parents and the community the school serves. But it becomes self perpetuating.

The good parents send their kids to private if they can afford it. The best teachers don’t want to teach in schools that are dangerous and/or underperforming . Good students who want to learn are in classrooms with subpar teachers who spend most of their time on the most disruptive kids. 

• Thanks 1

Liberal run cities. Check out the collective IQ of liberals on this site. 8 of them add up to maybe 46 tops. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Liberal run cities. Check out the collective IQ of liberals on this site. 8 of them add up to maybe 46 tops. 

There are lots of poor performing schools in rural areas too

Parents without a doubt.  It's the only way to explain how some kids from poor neighborhoods succeed despite their environment, and some kids from good/affluent neighborhoods fail despite all their advantages. 

Parents...mainly.

However, I will also add the idea of social promotion in lower grades really does not help in any way because it creates deficiencies the higher kids go up in school. Plus schools are pushed more and more to graduate kids because school districts don't want to deal with parents, law suits, cut funding, etc....I mean if a kid knows they don't have to really do anything in 3rd grade and still pass- why would they bother?

teachers who spend the work day posting on low rent message boards

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Mostly the parents and the community the school serves. But it becomes self perpetuating.

The good parents send their kids to private if they can afford it. The best teachers don’t want to teach in schools that are dangerous and/or underperforming . Good students who want to learn are in classrooms with subpar teachers who spend most of their time on the most disruptive kids. 

but yes, this. :thumbsup:

Working conditions.  

30 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Parents...mainly.

However, I will also add the idea of social promotion in lower grades really does not help in any way because it creates deficiencies the higher kids go up in school. Plus schools are pushed more and more to graduate kids because school districts don't want to deal with parents, law suits, cut funding, etc....I mean if a kid knows they don't have to really do anything in 3rd grade and still pass- why would they bother?

I said essentially the same thing earlier. Except better.  

54 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I said essentially the same thing earlier. Except better.  

Cypher bullying at its finest, you also like to drive slow in the left lane just to hold people up and piss  them off. 

Your a true puzzy.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Cypher bullying at its finest, you also like to drive slow in the left lane just to hold people up and piss  them off. 

Your a true puzzy.  

That’s not true. I said I would slow down if you tailgate me. That’s a far cry from intentionally angering someone. I would appreciate a correction. Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s not true. I said I would slow down if you tailgate me. That’s a far cry from intentionally angering someone. I would appreciate a correction. Thanks 

Thats the literal definition of intentionally angering someone.

2 hours ago, Engorgeous George said:

There's no 1 answer- crappy teachers, underfunded schools, bad environments to learn, disengaged families, etc.  

7 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Wrong. His scenario claimed I did it without provocation.  Butt out. 

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Your a true puzzy.  

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace , good will toward men.

34 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Your a true puzzy.  

No one should bully cyphers.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Jeff Probst said:

Slowing down when being tailgated is prudent. Braking distance and all.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

Parents without a doubt.  It's the only way to explain how some kids from poor neighborhoods succeed despite their environment, and some kids from good/affluent neighborhoods fail despite all their advantages. 

I think the bolded is the key.   It could work both ways too.  I am sure if you transplanted all our kids into a crappy school, a good number would start to struggle and underperform too.  

5 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

Go fock yourself, it's stupid and just further escalates the situation. Smart move is maintain th speed limit or pull over and let them pass.

9 minutes ago, jonnyutah said:

Yeah, this only works if the car behind you cared about that.   Mostly what you are doing is being a , and making the other person pissed and a less safe driver.   

And yes, I have done it from time to time, but it's a complete doosh move, especially if you are in the left lane.   Move your ass over. 

52 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Your a true puzzy.  

HT isn't worth your time. He is a do nothing, no value loser whose only "win" in life is playing Internet Tough Guy on here. 

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

HT isn't worth your time. He is a do nothing, no value loser whose only "win" in life is playing Internet Tough Guy on here. 

Lol he’s does a crappy job of it.  

56 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And a correction is indeed what you need, I’m here to give that correction to you.  Just name that place and time tough guy.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

So you won’t waste any of your time anymore? Cool. 

39 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace , good will toward men.

You don’t know much about ff, and even less about the life.  

Proverbs 18:6.  Learn it, Love it ,Live it.  

25 minutes ago, BuckSwope said:

I think the bolded is the key.   It could work both ways too.  I am sure if you transplanted all our kids into a crappy school, a good number would start to struggle and underperform too.  

I would agree.  

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

And a correction is indeed what you need, I’m here to give that correction to you.  Just name that place and time tough guy.  

I thought you were a turn the other  cheek guy? You’re probably one of those former druggies that bottomed out and then found god. Kinda phony you ask me. You getting high again? Crack is whack. 

18 minutes ago, weepaws said:

You don’t know much about ff, and even less about the life.  

Proverbs 18:6.  Learn it, Love it ,Live it.  

🤣

1 hour ago, Jeff Probst said:

Good. It's both safe to do and it pisses off ignorant drivers like yourself. :thumbsup:

24 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Name the place and time, I will be there.  After I’m done, I’ll forgive you.  

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

When you’re done having a sexual fantasy, let’s talk, how about here in Reno Nevada, zip is 89512.  Can you get here, I’ll help pay?

then it’s correction time for you puzzy boy.  

Let me check my schedule. I’ll get back to you. But don’t you have enough souls to save in Nevada? Or do you just preach on line? You should man up and get out there. Lots a sinnin in Reno. 

8 minutes ago, weepaws said:

People slowing down in left lane is far from safe, and here in Nevada against the law.  

Move on you Binden supporter.  

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Let me check my schedule. I’ll get back to you. But don’t you have enough souls to save in Nevada? Or do you just preach on line? You should man up and get out there. Lots a sinnin in Reno. 

Poor guy barely knows English and is one of the worst posters on the main bored. 
Sounds like he’s been hitting the bottle today

2 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Poor guy barely knows English and is one of the worst posters on the main bored. 
Sounds like he’s been hitting the bottle today

I always felt he was a dry drunk/druggie. Those guys are the worst with the preaching.