Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Is It Me ? Pat Mahomes!

Seems like the NFL is grooming him to be the Next Brady and want him to win a lot of championships or to be at least in a lot of Bowls. Maybe why KC is getting favoring calls in the playoffs. Is it me or does anyone else see and think this ?

• Like 1

Nothing against Pat and think he probably is the best QB in the league. I just think the league is going to favor him now as well and into the near future,

Agreed.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Agreed.   

You said in another thread how you never watch games you clown :lol:

As someone who watches a lot of football and every chiefs game, I don't see how you could claim things are fixed in the Chiefs favor.   But I'm a homer and no one will care about my opinion on this thread. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

As someone who watches a lot of football and every chiefs game, I don't see how you could claim things are fixed in the Chiefs favor.   But I'm a homer and no one will care about my opinion on this thread. 

I don’t watch the game, don’t call me clown  

I simply agree with the OP about favoritism towards him, Don’t hate me for agree with the OP. 

One doesn’t have to watch games to read what’s going on.  

God bless. 

41 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I simply agree with the OP about favoritism towards him, Don’t hate me for agree with the OP. 

God bless. 

You can't proclaim you know something you pay no attention to. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Nothing against Pat and think he probably is the best QB in the league. I just think the league is going to favor him now as well and into the near future,

No problems...he is a good guy and not have a huge stick in his arse like Brady.  Just think of the marketing if Brady had a personality.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Mahomes is probably the best qB in the NFL right now.  If not the best in the top 3 for sure.

What is amazing I read that he runs around a 4.8 40, that is not NFL fast yet he never seems to get caught from behind much when scrambling.

38 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

I said I don’t watch the games, I didn’t say that I don’t pay attention to them, I have to i play ff.  

We have had this decision many many times on the big board, I even talked about favoritism towards KC pertaining to the AFC championship game if Buffalo has made it Vs a KC, and the nfl was going have that matchup played at a neutral site, favoritism right there.  Didn’t happen so your of the hook about that one 😘.  

Hey I don’t watch the NBA , but I know that James is going to pass up KAJ has the leagues number point scorer ever.  

I agree with the OP. 

Thanks.  See you soon on the big board for more super bowl chat.  

45 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Interesting theory, but have you read the internet before?

19 hours ago, cmh6476 said:

no one will care about my opinion on this ANY thread. 

Fixed

7 hours ago, weepaws said:

God bless. 

Clown.

The Broncos broke Mahomes.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/12/11/vance-joseph-broncos-broke-patrick-mahomes-chiefs-nfl/

Vance Joseph didn’t just beat the Chiefs. He broke them like plates at a Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Before the Broncos turned Patrick Mahomes upside down in Week 8 and shook him like a snow globe, No. 15 was Showtime.

He’s been Redbox ever since.

Mea culpa, VJ. I was wrong. We were wrong. Broncos Country wanted a scapegoat for that 70-burger in Miami. Your office was the closest to the sacrificial altar.

And if the wonks who vote on NFL Assistant Coach of the Year are paying attention, that baby oughta be your to lose, Vance. You got it right. Sean Payton got it right. George Paton got it right. Greg Penner got it right.

Instead of shedding blood, the Broncos shed disgruntled veterans. Instead of blowing up the bathroom, they retiled the shower. Every little tweak hit like a sledgehammer.

They identified a new boundary corner (Fabian Moreau) who could handle the traffic from QBs avoiding Pat Surtain II. They found a star in nickelback Ja’Quan McMillian, a college free agent out of East Carolina whose quiet case for a Pro Bowl nod — seven TFLs, two interceptions and two fumbles forced over his last eight games — gets louder by the week.

They handed the keys to Baron Browning, Jonathon Cooper and Nik Bonitto, then watched them drive tackles batty. No team in the NFL has more sacks over the past three weeks than the Broncos’ 18.

Explosion plays vanished. Missed tackles felt like unhappy accidents. In his 13 games as defensive coordinator, Joseph’s defense somehow transformed from a rusty, flaming dumpster into Optimus Prime. Welcome to The Vance Vance Revolution.

If the buddy-cop tandem of Payton & Paton are half as smart as they think they are, they’ll get in Penner’s ear, rip up whatever’s left of VJ’s contract and let Joseph name his price.

It’s been so long — too long — since Broncos Country found something they could trust falling in love with again. You don’t let that feeling walk away easy.

Now that you mention it, the last seven weeks have been so much fun, the only thing missing for Joseph’s cadre is a clever nickname, right? Some proper shorthand, along the lines of “Orange Crush” and “No-Fly Zone”, for one of the most remarkable defensive units in the history of a franchise that’s been defined by them.

Open to suggestions, of course. “Team Takeaway?” “The Turnover Train?”

Here’s another stab, take it or leave it: The Mahomes-Wreckers.

The NFL is an unabashed cut-and-paste, copycat league. Other great defensive minds have proffered theories toward an antidote for the logic-bending, gravity-defying, generational genius of Mahomes, the Chiefs’ QB1.

Joseph might’ve just written the definitive book on the subject.

Before Kansas City visited Empower Field on Oct. 29, the Chiefs were 6-1. The Broncos were roadkill.

On a cold day in Hades, VJ’s defense forced five turnovers, picking off The Grim Reaper twice and sacking him three times.

“Well, you know, Mahomes was sick”, they sniffed.

“Yeah, it was the snow,” they scoffed.

Was it?

In Kansas City’s six games that followed, the Chiefs are 2-4. The defending Super Bowl champs have scored a Shurmuresque 19 points per game during that stretch, while surrendering 1.83 sacks per tussle.

Context: In the seven games before Broncos 24, Mahomes 9, Andy Reid’s finest averaged 25.4 points per game and allowed just one sack per tilt.

During that 6-1 start, Mahomes threw for at least 280 yards four different times. During the 2-4 run since, one that includes the Chiefs’ first loss to the Broncos in forever, No. 15’s only managed to hit that mark once.

So much for sick.

So much for snow.

“Vance and these guys have done a really good job of bringing combinations, if you will, which makes it a little harder,” Payton reflected Monday.

“I think it’s a little bit contagious. I think there (are) certain plans you have for certain styles and certain quarterbacks. Some of these guys are too good to sit in the pocket and they’re too talented. Somehow, you have to disrupt the passing game. And it’s either at the line of scrimmage and re-routing receivers, or it’s with the quarterback. (VJ’s defense has) done a good job.”

When the recovery becomes even more impressive than the failure, it’s not just good, coach. It’s historic.

And when the stuff this league is cutting and pasting is yours, it’s not just flattery. It’s gospel. The AFC West is a race again, and Hallelujah.

13 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Mahomes is very unlikeable outside of the KC bumpkins. He's a mouthy little weasely whiney Libtard. 

with a poodle on his head. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Wonder what this guy is going to write next year when the Chiefs have NFL caliber receivers on their team?  Honestly, outside of Rice's potential, I don't think anyone on that roster (WR's), belong in the NFL... and they still have an 8-5 record.  Mayfield has Evans and Godwin and they're 6-7.  Put Mahomes in Tampa, they're sitting in the #1 spot right now... put Mayfield in KC, and they're in the other #1 spot, as in draft order.

Great QB but he’s definitely special needs. That kid’s got more ticks than a grandfather clock. 

On 2/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, Mike Hunt said:

Mahomes is probably the best qB in the NFL right now.  If not the best in the top 3 for sure.

What is amazing I read that he runs around a 4.8 40, that is not NFL fast yet he never seems to get caught from behind much when scrambling.

Probably runs faster when chased by a behemoth.  I know I would.  Like when I was a kid.  I never ran faster than when being chased by the cops*.

*Naturally it was always over a simple misunderstanding on their part.  Youthful exuberance misinterpreted.

3 hours ago, League Champion said:

Mahomes is very unlikeable outside of the KC bumpkins. He's a mouthy little weasely whiney Libtard. 

His wife is overtaking him....

On 2/5/2023 at 8:41 PM, craftsman said:

Clown.

👆🏿Yes you are.  

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Are you insinuating Brittney is low maintenance?

No. I don't know who Brittney is honestly.

In fact I had to look up who Duddy is.

On 2/5/2023 at 1:11 PM, BeenHereBefore said:

Seems like the NFL is grooming him to be the Next Brady and want him to win a lot of championships or to be at least in a lot of Bowls. Maybe why KC is getting favoring calls in the playoffs. Is it me or does anyone else see and think this ?

When most teams that complain about the officiating, it's because the officials made a horrible and egregious call in which everyone watching the replay can see clearly it was total bullsh*t.  When the Chiefs complain about the officiating, it can be the right call, it doesn't matter, it just has to be inconveniently timed. 

"Upon further review, there was no penalty on the play. Since we thought the play was cool, we don't care anymore that the receiver had lined up offsides. The result of the play: Touchdown Kansas City. Buffalo will be charged three timeouts."

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

What does a short clip of Taylor Swift arriving at Lambeau Field have to do with opinions shared by Brittney Mahomes about Jackson Mahomes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Will Levis blows. He's a bigger version of Baker Mayfield 

Levis might be decent but Mahomes is top 10 all time and moving up.

1 hour ago, thegeneral said:

Levis might be decent but Mahomes is top 10 all time and moving up.

Yes, you can't compare the 2. Mahomes is a freak, he's top 5 all time IMO. Or at least he will be. 

It’s hard to believe that bad calls just started happening in the chiefs game last week.  

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s hard to believe that bad calls just started happening in the chiefs game last week.  

What the hell happened to Chiefs fans. They used to be some of the best fans in football. Now they're just a bunch of whiney spineless Swifties. 

30 minutes ago, League Champion said:

What the hell happened to Chiefs fans. They used to be some of the best fans in football. Now they're just a bunch of whiney spineless Swifties. 

That's painting a pretty broad brush.   Every fan base has annoying fans.   We're just reaching the pats level of bandwagon fans because they are consistently the best team in this era.