The Real timschochet

Grammy awards feature transgender performers, diversity

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Go through this thread and read the really ugly posts here that are anti-trans and anti-gay bigotry. That’s why they do it. Because we need to make certain attitudes unacceptable. That’s what woke is about. 

Nobody is anti gay you flaming teller of lies. We all know gobblers. We just don’t want your freak kink mentally unstable godless psychological tyranny foisted upon our children. Loser.

• Thanks 1

I blame Bowie for all of this.

Its a joke people, remember when folks could not take everything like a life or death matter. 

39 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

“Our side” didn’t decide it; doctors and mental health experts decided it, most of them a long time ago. As a society we’re just starting to accept the truth about it, very reluctantly. Look how long it took us to accept homosexuality. Look at the fight conservatives put up over that. They lost that fight; most conservatives are now accepting of gay people. It took a long time but it happened. Someday they will accept transgenders as well. 

No, not a long time ago.  Only up until a few years ago when they decided to get all virtuous instead of being, y'know, scientific.

48 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Typical lefty. Your side is the one shoving this down's people's throat and when they say something you suddenly get all incredulous and say, "Oh my god, i can't believe you're so focused on this!".

GTFO with that disingenuous b*******.

No one is persecuting them. In fact they are being overrepresented. I understand that you always have to say they're being persecuted because that's how you get more virtues, but that's not the reality.

All they have to do is leave our kids out of it but they can’t because they are authoritarian.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DonS said:

It's a bit scary how well this Dream Theater / Rick Astley mashup works. :shocking:

I really like the instrumentals in that.  Very good stuff.

12 minutes ago, DonS said:

It's a bit scary how well this Dream Theater / Rick Astley mashup works. :shocking:

That’s amazing. Also Mangini smokes Portnoy. 

44 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

“Our side” didn’t decide it; doctors and mental health experts decided it, most of them a long time ago. As a society we’re just starting to accept the truth about it, very reluctantly. Look how long it took us to accept homosexuality. Look at the fight conservatives put up over that. They lost that fight; most conservatives are now accepting of gay people. It took a long time but it happened. Someday they will accept transgenders as well. 

I like how you single out conservatives. Shall I link videos of Biden and Obama speaking out against gay marriage? Part of the “fight” was that it was a slippery slope, which was dismissed immediately and anyone who said otherwise was labeled a bigot. Well, look at us now. Do you think it would stop here? I don’t even know what could be next in your mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They’re not even in the same ballpark.  Gays are starting to express that their movement has been hijacked by the “T”s.  Most people would give zero fuks about “T”s if they didn’t try to market the ideology to kids to have surgery or meds.

31 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Let me see if I got this right...

• Mental illness (mass shootings):
    • Liberals = We need more gun restrictions!!
  • Mental illness (trans community):
    • Liberals = We need to embrace them!!

No, you didn't get this right IMO.

Most liberals don't think trans folks are mentally ill (although many have gender dysphoria).

Also, liberals aren't saying all mass shooters are mentally ill either and a study FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit backs that up:

https://mwhealth.org/stories/policy-watch-mass-shootings-mental-illness-what-the-research-tells-us

Yes, someone who commits mass murder is clearly emotionally unstable, but a study by the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit of 63 active shooters found that only a quarter of those had a diagnosis of mental illness.

28 minutes ago, Dizkneelande said:

That’s amazing. Also Mangini smokes Portnoy. 

Mangini is an amazing drummer no doubt.  I do miss what Portnoy brought to DT with his song writing and occasional backing vocals though. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fireballer said:

They’re not even in the same ballpark.  Gays are starting to express that their movement has been hijacked by the “T”s.  Most people would give zero fuks about “T”s if they didn’t try to market the ideology to kids to have surgery or meds.

I have also found this to be true among the homosexuals I know IRL. 

I can't tell you how many conversations I've had about medications being given to children, pronouns, etc. 

There is no gay movement anymore, IMO. It's LGBTQ-XYZ. You literally can't even single out gay people for inclusion, because trans and others are saying, "What about US?!" 

55 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

They will not work themselves out. 

You start telling trans-females that they cannot win awards for being on a women's sports team and you're back to the "they hate trans" garbage. 

There are actual examples out there telling trans-females that they can't compete; that's not acceptable to the trans community - they want INCLUSION in ALL OF IT. 

So, no. It's not going to "work itself out" and you're kind of foolish for suggesting that. 

It will work itself out. 

The whole compete in girls sports thing is a very tiny problem. Still I don’t think they should be allowed to do it. Will some of them call me a bigot for thinking this? Probably. There are always extremists out there. I’m sure some blacks people would think I am a racist for opposing reparations and most kinds of affirmative action. But I do oppose them. One can be woke, and progressive, yet still be reasonable. Society will reach reasonable conclusions on all of these matters- we always do. Sometimes it may take a while. 

9 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I have also found this to be true among the homosexuals I know IRL. 

I can't tell you how many conversations I've had about medications being given to children, pronouns, etc. 

There is no gay movement anymore, IMO. It's LGBTQ-XYZ. You literally can't even single out gay people for inclusion, because trans and others are saying, "What about US?!" 

You know this whole “gays are just as intolerant as the rest of us!” or “black people from rural areas hate the woke as much as I do” aren’t exactly compelling arguments. 

2 hours ago, Patented Phil said:

I love how they frame everything like they just broke through the glass ceiling, conquering all the injustices that had been holding down gays, trannies, and fat people.  It’s the same crap I’ve been hearing for years.  Newsflash - gays, trannies and fat people have been accepted by the music industry for a long, long time.  But hey, gotta have a struggle.  Not sure Liberals could live without it.

:lol:

Pretending there weren't any gays at band camp and all afro women singers were skinny until recently.  🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Ted Cruz calls the Grammys evil! Lolololol

He prolly saw Madonna.  THAT IS truly evil !

46 minutes ago, squistion said:

Most liberals don't think trans folks are mentally ill (although many have gender dysphoria).

Also, liberals aren't saying all mass shooters are mentally ill either and a study FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit backs that up:

https://mwhealth.org/stories/policy-watch-mass-shootings-mental-illness-what-the-research-tells-us

Yes, someone who commits mass murder is clearly emotionally unstable, but a study by the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit of 63 active shooters found that only a quarter of those had a diagnosis of mental illness.

Yeah, that's the point.  Both are mentally ill (to an extent), the Liberals just categorize them both to fit their narratives.  Conservatives treat them the same.  Mentally ill mass shooter... have the medical professionals deal with them.  Gender dysphoria, have the medical professionals deal with them.  Not the liberals though.  Because they're anti-gun, it's "let's restrict [or remove], guns/access".  Because they're pro-victim, it's "we must accept them the way they are and you're a bigot if you don't".

43 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Hey I’m not the Rick Astley fan. 

I "think" he's referring to the topic at hand, not our offshoot music discussion.

6 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Freak dressing as the devil while performing a satanic ritual. Nothing evil about that. 

37 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

It will work itself out. 

The whole compete in girls sports thing is a very tiny problem. Still I don’t think they should be allowed to do it. Will some of them call me a bigot for thinking this? Probably. There are always extremists out there. I’m sure some blacks people would think I am a racist for opposing reparations and most kinds of affirmative action. But I do oppose them. One can be woke, and progressive, yet still be reasonable. Society will reach reasonable conclusions on all of these matters- we always do. Sometimes it may take a while. 

For a country that relies on sports for entertainment, I doubt that it's the "tiny" problem you're playing it off to be. 

We will see when there is a trans NFL player. 

56 minutes ago, squistion said:

Uhm, yeah...trans are unstable as well.  There 8s a war between the mind and body but somehow you think that's stable.  :lol:

Thought it was really freaking cool that Bonnie raitt won three grammys. She looked genuinely shocked. Again, that's just great for her.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, that's the point.  Both are mentally ill (to an extent), the Liberals just categorize them both to fit their narratives.  Conservatives treat them the same.  Mentally ill mass shooter... have the medical professionals deal with them.  Gender dysphoria, have the medical professionals deal with them.  Not the liberals though.  Because they're anti-gun, it's "let's restrict [or remove], guns/access".  Because they're pro-victim, it's "we must accept them the way they are and you're a bigot if you don't".

I don't believe that and that wasn't the point I was making. Liberals don't think all trans people are mentally ill and most reputable mental health experts I've seen weigh in on this issue would seem to agree.

23 minutes ago, squistion said:

I don't believe that and that wasn't the point I was making. Liberals don't think all trans people are mentally ill and most reputable mental health experts I've seen weigh in on this issue would seem to agree.

Oh, I know they don't think trans people are mentally ill.  It wasn't until the SJW's forced science (go figure), to change that perspective.  Pretty sick if you ask me.

He enunciates poorly.  He said all Grandmas are evil after watching a trailer for 80 for Brady.

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

For the record, I'm a fan of Elton John, Billy Joel, Peter Cetera, Rick Astley, Phil Collins, and Barry Manilow.  

I want to party with this dude! :headbanger:

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

Would you make love to a Trans? Be honest 

If I was single and she was hot…maybe? 
I would hope I could overcome my emotional biases, but who knows? I’m as flawed as anyone else, and a victim of my generation’s training. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You’ll have to explain how this is possible. I don’t think it is. 

Gender dysphoria was a medical (mental), condition just a few years ago.  NOTHING with the science changed, just the way the "scientists" view it.  Transgenderism is now more of a social construct than medical condition.

1 hour ago, kozmiq said:

He prolly saw Madonna.  THAT IS truly evil !

Madonna used to be somewhat attractive in her own way and was aging gracefully, she destroyed her face with plastic surgery. YIKES!

3 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

I would hope I could overcome my emotional biases, but who knows? I’m as flawed as anyone else, and a victim of my generation’s training. 

Lol.  The best response! These people do exist!

10 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Ewwwww