Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Turkey/Syria Earthquake

Live updates

• Thousands of buildings collapsed in both countries and aid agencies are particularly worried about northwestern Syria, where more than 4 million people were already relying on humanitarian assistance.
  • Freezing weather conditions are further endangering survivors and complicating rescue efforts, as more than 100 aftershocks have struck the region.

Buildings are just flattened, like something you would see in an apocalyptic movie.  Just awful, beyond comprehension...  :(  

34 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Buildings are just flattened, like something you would see in an apocalyptic movie.  Just awful, beyond comprehension...  :(  

You read somewhere where that number could be like 20,000 dead. Pretty crazy. And that it was creating earthquakes all over the world because of it. 

I work with several Turkish people and they are scared out of their wits. Phones to certain areas are down . The Turkish government, for whatever reason, has also shutdown most money transfers so that my friends can’t wire funds. It’s a chaotic, awful situation. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

That's horrible. C17s have been leaving base here with aid and supplies 24/7. It's a catastrophe 

The scary thing from what I’m hearing is that the supplies we are sending are going straight to grifters who then sell them for profit (at high prices). Turkey is a corrupt country. 

2 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

This is where I support helping countries. Not for war 

Why not both? 

What happened in Turkey was a natural disaster. But the people of Ukraine are suffering even worse from a man made disaster. We need to help out both. 

4 minutes ago, RaiderHaters Revenge said:

This is where I support helping countries. Not for war 

You don't agree with supporting allies when they are invaded by another country?  What's the point in being an ally then?

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, The Real timschochet said:

The scary thing from what I’m hearing is that the supplies we are sending are going straight to grifters who then sell them for profit (at high prices). Turkey is a corrupt country. 

Pretty common scenario for most of our foriegn aid, is it not?  Whether corrupt governments, local warlords, orblack marketeers, this always seems to occur.  Aid workers are often attacked and robbed.  Still, what is one to do? 

4 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

Pretty common scenario for most of our foriegn aid, is it not?  Whether corrupt governments, local warlords, orblack marketeers, this always seems to occur.  Aid workers are often attacked and robbed.  Still, what is one to do? 

Unfortunately you’re right. On both counts. 

8 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

That's very true and sadly very common in most disasters where we send aid. Haiti was the worst. 

Is there still a Red Cresent, the islamic counterpart to the Red Cross?

Looks like there is.  I guess, though times are tight, I have a few bucks for folks on the other side of the ocean.

Wife and daughter want to give through some catholic charities fund which has already contacted us.  I thought the Red Crescent might be more appropriate, but who knows?  Our local parish church is taking up cash and product donations.  I am not a church goer, but my wife and daughter are.  I got them a dozen packs of socks, some clearance sale winter hats, some water treatment drops, and 10 boxes of girl scout cookies to donate along with their cash.  4 Thin Mints, 4 Do Si Dos, and 2 Samoas.  

I wouldn't worry about food and water, that's covered.

They need stuff like flashlights, batteries, baby wipes, hygiene products for the ladies, diapers for the babies, etc. 

I just read that a woman gave birth while under the rubble of a building.  The woman dies but they were able to save the baby.  

21 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I just read that a woman gave birth while under the rubble of a building.  The woman dies but they were able to save the baby.  

Now there's a switch from what the liberals crave in this country. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Just read that story. Seems(currently) the baby is the only known survivor from the entire family. Seems like a miracle and a tragedy all at once.  

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Just read that story. Seems(currently) the baby is the only known survivor from the entire family. Seems like a miracle and a tragedy all at once.  

Just imagine the scenario of giving birth while buried under a building.  It's unbelievable. 

It must be just hellish there.... :(

4 hours ago, craftsman said:

Now there's a switch from what the liberals crave in this country. 

You are something else. The loss of life over there is devastating, but your reaction is to post more of your partisan garbage, Jesus Man, get a focking life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

You are something else. The loss of life over there is devastating, but your reaction is to post more of your partisan garbage, Jesus Man, get a focking life.

You are typical. The loss of lives in this country by the hand of the left doesn't phase you one bit. It's just another day for you. All the babies being slaughtered and thrown into garbage cans because liberals are horny and don't want to use birth control. And you just live with it like it's nothing. 

You are a piece of shlt. Go live in a liberal city and watch what you vote into office and how that results in the deaths of thousands at the hands of crime and other bullshlt the left supports in your existence. 

St. Louis is a focking shlthole and you vote for it.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, paulinstl said:

10000 people dead in earthquake, but but but LIBERALS. You are a piece of sh1t.

How many children were killed last year by liberals in this country?

OK Utilityman, here is my final post for you or to you. I actually hope that you can get to a point in your life where you find something more worthwhile than posting "news" articles from Fox on a Fantasy Football message board all day, every day. It has to be pretty lonely to have only two friends. I imagine it must get somewhat boring having your only interaction with people be those times when you have "special play time" with your life-sized blow-up Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson dolls. 

I can see it now, the three of you in a twisted tangle of warm plastic, frayed duct tape patches from the repairs you have made on your buddies from the countless hours of use, listening to the sweet sounds of Rush Limbaugh emanating from the cassette tapes you recorded of his radio show, and the soul killing stench of despair, old Vaseline and regret.

But if not, maybe you can trick yourself into believing that you have educated even one person here through your tireless crusade to spread the word on the evils of liberalism and the baby killers, and groomers that philosophy creates.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I guess I’ll make a donation at church this Sunday. But I will do so begrudgingly knowing the treatment of Christians in that part of the world. And homos. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, paulinstl said:

OK Utilityman, here is my final post for you or to you. I actually hope that you can get to a point in your life where you find something more worthwhile than posting "news" articles from Fox on a Fantasy Football message board all day, every day. It has to be pretty lonely to have only two friends. I imagine it must get somewhat boring having your only interaction with people be those times when you have "special play time" with your life-sized blow-up Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson dolls. 

I can see it now, the three of you in a twisted tangle of warm plastic, frayed duct tape patches from the repairs you have made on your buddies from the countless hours of use, listening to the sweet sounds of Rush Limbaugh emanating from the cassette tapes you recorded of his radio show, and the soul killing stench of despair, old Vaseline and regret.

But if not, maybe you can trick yourself into believing that you have educated even one person here through your tireless crusade to spread the word on the evils of liberalism and the baby killers, and groomers that philosophy creates.

"OK Utilityman, here is my final post for you or to you." 

Wow. I'm your dream utilityman or something. That's creepy. I wonder if rusty would be creeped out by that?

"I actually hope that you can get to a point in your life where you find something more worthwhile than posting "news" articles from Fox on a Fantasy Football message board."

This response of yours is a great fantasy football message board response. Show me some more. Or would you like me to respond to all of your FANTASY FOOTBALL MESSAGES on this board?

I imagine it must get somewhat boring having your only interaction with people be those times when you have "special play time" with your life-sized blow-up Sean Hannity and Tucker Carlson dolls. 

Do some kind of proof of this on this fantasy football forum of yours. I'm sure you have nothing. On this fantasy football message board that you strictly adhere to in how you post. Plus, Hannity and Carlson make more sense when they verbal pause than when you rant for 30 minutes. Go figure.

Ok, nothing there on this wonderful fantasy football message board and even less on whatever it is you are trying to point out. 

You sound like a focking idiot.

Let me guess, you live in the shltiest holes of shltholes known as St. Louis, and you continue to vote for the deaths of all your locals. 

Do everyone a favor, go practice your abortion love and kill all the liberal kids that are to be because of you living in their space. 

Leave all the others alone. 

15 hours ago, paulinstl said:

People get dumb over politics. 

12 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

People get dumb over politics. 

Very dumb and some people can't help but interject politics into every conversation.  It's like a sickness.

16 hours ago, craftsman said:

How many children were killed last year by liberals in this country?

Wow. In my short time in this forum I’ve read more than a few disgusting posts by you but this one is probably your worst effort. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Wow. In my short time in this forum I’ve read more than a few disgusting posts by you but this one is probably your worst effort. 

So, you don't know how many kids the liberals have killed?

1 hour ago, The Real timschochet said:

Look who else doesn't give a shlt.

Biden’s SOTU ignores earthquake in Turkey, Syria that killed thousands

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bidens-sotu-ignores-earthquake-turkey-syria-killed-thousands

Glad to see them finding success, working extra hard overtime, to rescue people still trapped. As fast as you can, reach as many as you can, while they're still alive.

• Like 1

Rink

Jesus, 21k dead....even the freaks over in the Kurds are stopping their actions....wow...

19 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Not even on FP at usaToday....sad..our media compassion is fleeting

The media reports according to their bias, they are about advocacy....not journalism.

31 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Not even on FP at usaToday....sad..our media compassion is fleeting

Can’t take attention away from the globalists campaign in Ukraine.