seafoam1

What does the left want to make of this country?

Many prominent Republicans have now publicly condemned Tucker Carlson’s false presentation, including Mitch McConnell, Thom Tillis, even Lindsey Graham- of course Kevin McCarthy as usual claims he hasn’t seen the edited video. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Many prominent Republicans have now publicly condemned Tucker Carlson’s false presentation, including Mitch McConnell, Thom Tillis, even Lindsey Graham- of course Kevin McCarthy as usual claims he hasn’t seen the edited video. 

This additional video really bothers you. You just don't want the public to see the truth. 

So liberal...:doh:

4 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

This additional video really bothers you. You just don't want the public to see the truth. 

So liberal...:doh:

People emotionally invested in the MSM narrative don't like having their bubble burst.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

People emotionally invested in the MSM narrative don't like having their bubble burst.

Your time spent attempting to analyze me would be better spent questioning your own confirmation bias. I have made the point many times that I believe Democrats oversold January 6- that it was a violent riot but NOT an insurrection, that our democracy was never truly threatened, and that Trump’s complicity is unclear and would be impossible to prove in a court of law. None of this matches your perception of the “MSM narrative”. And none of it means that I or any other reasonable person should regard Carlson’s garbage as worth considering. 

2 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

Your time spent attempting to analyze me would be better spent questioning your own confirmation bias. I have made the point many times that I believe Democrats oversold January 6- that it was a violent riot but NOT an insurrection, that our democracy was never truly threatened, and that Trump’s complicity is unclear and would be impossible to prove in a court of law. None of this matches your perception of the “MSM narrative”. And none of it means that I or any other reasonable person should regard Carlson’s garbage as worth considering. 

You're right. I did read that and should have known better. Sorry, Tim.

There's an offroad to sanity often present in your posts and I have noticed.

2 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

You're right. I did read that and should have known better. Sorry, Tim.

There's an offroad to sanity often present in your posts and I have noticed.

“Off-road to sanity” lol. No need to apologize. I made the point in another thread that the main problem we face these days is that we’re getting our facts (news) delivered to us from different, opposing sources. I distrust your source and you distrust mine. I have no idea how to resolve this problem but until we do it’s going to destroy any chance of agreement: 

22 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Rachel Maddow syndrome. Literally cry while on air while talking about "kids in cages" because Trump is president, but all is fine and good on the border cagings during obama and biden. Don't mention it though because she doesn't want the public to know about that part of it.

Liberals just keep thinking they are fooling people with this approach. Other than their own that is. Their own are brainless trash receptacles when it comes to liberals spewing lies.

43 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You like rinos. We don’t. Were you a Paul Ryan fan too? Bet you called McCain a racist. 

Liberals Trotting out Rinos to bolster their position would be like conservatives trotting out the squad.  It’s not to be taken seriously. Libtards like Tim don’t realize there is a civil war in the Republican Party, and while the America first faction hasn’t rooted out all the rinos, they have gotten rid of more than a few. The work continues. Mitch McConnell and his kind leading the party days are numbered. Can’t happen soon enough. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Liberals Trotting out Rinos to bolster their position would be like conservatives trotting out the squad.  It’s not to be taken seriously. Libtards like Tim don’t realize there is a civil war in the Republican Party, and while the America first faction hasn’t rooted out all the rinos, they have gotten rid of more than a few. The work continues. Mitch McConnell and his kind leading the party days are numbered. Can’t happen soon enough. 

If you made a venn diagram of fascist leaders it would overlap about 90 percent of the Democratic ones and about 20 percent of Republicans ones.  The D and R labels are not all that meaningful.  The divide is really between those who support the elitist cooperative (ie. Fascist or more politely establishment) between government bureaucracies and huge corporations and those who support a constitutional republic where individuals rights and freedoms are protected from such elitist tyrants.  

32 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

“Off-road to sanity” lol. No need to apologize. I made the point in another thread that the main problem we face these days is that we’re getting our facts (news) delivered to us from different, opposing sources. I distrust your source and you distrust mine. I have no idea how to resolve this problem but until we do it’s going to destroy any chance of agreement: 

I use a wide variety of sources, including MSM, but the MSM ones are eyed with way more skepticism than you have, I've seen too much BS over the years. Of course, I've seen them get stories right too. It's been a mixed bag. Frankly, I'm just as likely to believe HubbaBubba5910 on YouTube, who I never heard of, if it seems to me that Hubba knows what he's talking about. But I don't fully trust him either. It's tough to untangle the mess out there.

1 minute ago, Voltaire said:

I use a wide variety of sources, including MSM, but the MSM ones are eyed with way more skepticism than you have, I've seen too much BS over the years. Of course, I've seen them get stories right too. It's been a mixed bag. Frankly, I'm just as likely to believe HubbaBubba5910 on YouTube, who I probably never heard of, if it seems to me that Hubba knows what he's talking about. It's tough to untangle the mess out there.

Once you understand and apply the filter to the MSM of being a government mouth piece, you can appropriately use the information knowing key information and viewpoints are completely missing or misrepresented. 

3 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Once you understand and apply the filter to the MSM of being a government mouth piece, you can appropriately use the information knowing key information and viewpoints are completely missing or misrepresented. 

I think that's the ticket. They seldom manufacture facts. The deception comes through the spin, framing, and suppression of information that doesn't fit the narrative.

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I think that's the ticket. They seldom manufacture facts. The deception comes through the spin, framing, and suppression of information that doesn't fit the narrative.

You know who really has it down is NPR. They simply calmly frame their stories with some music in the background saying completely ludicrous things as if they are simply facts and feelings. They act so above everyone without a hint aggression in their messages. My girlfriend is duped by that station. A lot of times when I drive her car that station is on and they are spewing world wide liberal propaganda so soothingly and righteously. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, The Real timschochet said:

You should watch all sides. But you don’t. What Carlson presented about Viking hat guy and officer Sicknick was never broadcast before. You weren’t interested. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should watch all sides. But you don’t. What Carlson presented about Viking hat guy and officer Sicknick was never broadcast before. You weren’t interested. 

That is the difference. Those who worship at the alter of the MSM can't comprehend that they are not being told the complete story told through unbiased eyes.  They completely dismiss facts which are not reported by their sources.   I take in all facts.  I don't dismiss facts that come from MSM source, I am just skeptical that that is the complete story.  I find the answer to questions I have.  Sure the MSM plays 5 minutes of footage on a loop of what happened on Jan. 6th for years.  But that is less than 0.0001 percent of the story.  How can you trust anyone who refuses to disclose 99.9999 percent of the evidence? 

16 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

You know who really has it down is NPR. They simply calmly frame their stories with some music in the background saying completely ludicrous things as if they are simply facts and feelings. They act so above everyone without a hint aggression in their messages. My girlfriend is duped by that station. A lot of times when I drive her car that station is on and they are spewing world wide liberal propaganda so soothingly and righteously. 

God Bless not having that problem. I don't even know what my wife listens to, it's all in Chinese. I do know this much: discussing current events with her is like talking to iam90sbaby or CDub100. She is significantly to my right and does not suffer the left anything at all. Being married to an arch conservative dedicated to family values pays off in ways big and small. I highly recommend finding one.

11 minutes ago, jonmx said:

That is the difference. Those who worship at the alter of the MSM can't comprehend that they are not being told the complete story told through unbiased eyes.  They completely dismiss facts which are not reported by their sources.   I take in all facts.  I don't dismiss facts that come from MSM source, I am just skeptical that that is the complete story.  I find the answer to questions I have.  Sure the MSM plays 5 minutes of footage on a loop of what happened on Jan. 6th for years.  But that is less than 0.0001 percent of the story.  How can you trust anyone who refuses to disclose 99.9999 percent of the evidence? 

The committee had full access to those tapes for over a year. The sum amount of video presented by the committee totaled 11 minutes. Liberals got the whole story based on 11 minutes, and they are the ones screeching about selective editing. It’s a joke. Also, they used a portion of those tapes to show Josh Hawley running. in order to poke fun at him. Of course they didn’t show everyone else running, at the request of the police to evacuate quickly. 

42 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The committee had full access to those tapes for over a year. The sum amount of video presented by the committee totaled 11 minutes. Liberals got the whole story based on 11 minutes, and they are the ones screeching about selective editing. It’s a joke. Also, they used a portion of those tapes to show Josh Hawley running. in order to poke fun at him. Of course they didn’t show everyone else running, at the request of the police to evacuate quickly. 

The committee did not even even spend 30 seconds looking at other video.  The FBI packaged up the 11 minutes of video that best suited their Dem puppets that could be used to manipulate their mass of useful idiot supporters.  

2 minutes ago, jonmx said:

The committee did not even even spend 30 seconds looking at other video.  The FBI packaged up the 11 minutes of video that best suited their Dem puppets that could be used to manipulate their mass of useful idiot supporters.  

I believe it was the producer they brought in from ABC television that put together the montage of what, at the time, the public was allowed to see. And the defendants. Tucker bad, leftist ABC producer good. Got it. 

The left believes they can make this country into a risk free, bubble wrapped society, where everyone is equally poor, except for the ruling class.

2 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

You spelled "mostly peaceful" wrong.

hth

32 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

sean mooney.

Quite possibly the first pregnant trans female.   

23 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Quite possibly the first pregnant trans female.   

Definitely a great Mooney achievement. Put's him in a perfect position to fock up his kids at home like he does at school with other people's kids.

With matching mask.

8 hours ago, The Real timschochet said:

Lol...confirmation bias?  You are the one looking for confirmation of your opinion through others.   I never give a crap who supports or opposes an idea.   I make up my mind based on facts.  If 400 intelligence agents say it has the markings of a Russian conspiracy, it does not move my needle.  What facts and logic are they using to make that assessment.  That is all I care about. 

There is nothing false about what Tucker presented.  He presented actual video showing actual happenings.  In what universe is that wrong?  If McConnell, Tillis, and Graham condemn Tucker for that, they just expose themselves as establishment clowns who will rollover and say any BS to defend the government narrative.   There is really no defense of the attacks being hurled towards Tucker.  He did the job a journalist should and informed the public of facts which counter the official narrative. 

19 hours ago, Voltaire said:

God Bless not having that problem. I don't even know what my wife listens to, it's all in Chinese. I do know this much: discussing current events with her is like talking to iam90sbaby or CDub100. She is significantly to my right and does not suffer the left anything at all. Being married to an arch conservative dedicated to family values pays off in ways big and small. I highly recommend finding one.

Well, my girlfriend doesn't talk politics in the least. She's not a person who likes to debate because her dad's personality is really aggressive and in your face and she hates it that way. But she is really family orientated. Social conscience activity wise the only thing she does is recycle religiously and she even thinks that they are just throwing it all in a landfill but says, "At least I'm doing MY part even if they aren't doing theirs." All she really does in a total liberal sense is vote that way. Whatever. She knows the left is crazy but she's a bleeding heart as she has a sister who is 100% of time in need of care which her dad takes care of. She's 36 years old and makes about $150k a year and has had zero debt since she was back in her mid 20's and has a boatload in retirement already. It's taken her a long time to realize that her salary is pretty darn good as her brother pulls in about $500k a year and a few of her college classmates went on to jobs with snooty companies that she for a while didn't even realize that she would never have wanted in the first place. I have to remind her that she did her time at Ernst & Young and Accenture and how much she hated all the pretense in the people who work there. That's why she left them both. People who think they are God's gift to man. I deal with a lot of it in my job, as we do similar work, so we are on the same page and she is able to laugh at it now even though it made her feel bad that she didn't naturally fit in with those types of personalities before. 

Life is so easy for us in that neither of us have any financial problems in the least and we both have good jobs and savings and our politics don't get in the way of anything. That makes for a great relationship in the end, at least for us.

19 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He is not only not interested, he declares actual video as being false when presented by the other side.  You really can't even have a discussion with someone with their head that far up their own butt.  And on the spectrum of leftists, Tim is actually more open-minded than most. 

12 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Well, my girlfriend doesn't talk politics in the least. She's not a person who likes to debate because her dad's personality is really aggressive and in your face and she hates it that way. But she is really family orientated. Social conscience activity wise the only thing she does is recycle religiously and she even thinks that they are just throwing it all in a landfill but says, "At least I'm doing MY part even if they aren't doing theirs." All she really does in a total liberal sense is vote that way. Whatever. She knows the left is crazy but she's a bleeding heart as she has a sister who is 100% of time in need of care which her dad takes care of. She's 36 years old and makes about $150k a year and has had zero debt since she was back in her mid 20's and has a boatload in retirement already. It's taken her a long time to realize that her salary is pretty darn good as her brother pulls in about $500k a year and a few of her college classmates went on to jobs with snooty companies that she for a while didn't even realize that she would never have wanted in the first place. I have to remind her that she did her time at Ernst & Young and Accenture and how much she hated all the pretense in the people who work there. That's why she left them both. People who think they are God's gift to man. I deal with a lot of it in my job, as we do similar work, so we are on the same page and she is able to laugh at it now even though it made her feel bad that she didn't naturally fit in with those types of personalities before. 

Life is so easy for us in that neither of us have any financial problems in the least and we both have good jobs and savings and our politics don't get in the way of anything. That makes for a great relationship in the end, at least for us.

I suppose there are ways to make it work and you found one.

There are extreme cases of leftoid women that have no business becoming mothers. But every woman is different in her own way. That Texas dad, Jeff Younger, stuck his d*ck in woke and since his ex-wife wanted a transgender fashion accessory to show off to her progressive friends, absconded to California to change their son into a girl. It's a warning to everyone. We're better off letting the Gutterboys of the world to deal them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I suppose there are ways to make it work and you found one.

There are extreme cases of leftoid women that have no business becoming mothers. That Texas dad, Jeff Younger, stuck his d*ck in woke and since his ex-wife wanted a transgender fashion accessory to show off to her progressive friends, absconded to California to change their son into a girl. 

Yeah, that's sad. What a shlt life that would be. One of my brothers did similar to that. Oof. That never goes away.

My GF has never even wanted kids. I support that whole heartedly. Two adults shouldn't have kids if they don't want to put them first and foremost for the next 20 years of life. And they shouldn't want them most of all for social image. Go figure, we have always known how to not have kids we don't want without needing to resort to abortion and still having an active life in that sense. I can't figure out how so many others can't figure it out. It's not high level thinking that's needed. 

She'll visit her brother who has 2 young kids and even though she loves seeing them, she always comes back home and says, "No way. I could never imagine having to deal with that 24x7". We are so on the same page there.  

• Like 1

When you argue with a leftist, you must understand how they view the US.  To them, most (if not all) of the people not lock-step with the democratic party are nazis.  They are still fighting WW2, but at the ballot box and the courts.  They are perfectly willing to pull every underhanded trick in the book and defend it like its the Underground Railroad.  They will lie, cheat, bend and break the rules, and democrat elected officials and the liberal MSM will defend it all because they are fighting against Hitler reborn in the form of non-democrats. They will not debate fairly.  They will not rule in the courtroom fairly.  It is an INSULT to treat nazis fairly.  Those cartoons of the lady with the scales of justice and shes peeking out from under her blindfold?  Thats a source of pride for democrats because they do not believe in giving nazis fair treatment.

Republicans by and large do not recognize this.  They think they will win by being honorable and fair in debate.  That's not going to work. 

Ironically, this mindset by the left is EXACTLY how dictators like Stalin and Hitler rose to power.  They feel the current state is the enemy and must be crushed.  They are willing to go to authoritarian measures like injustice in the courts, taking away guns, reparations, etc. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I think this SVB situation and pending financial turmoil is exactly what liberals want. Destroy the country from the inside out. 

Not really ruin the country, just take away the last remaining freedoms of average American citizens.   They have moved on from traditional visions of communistic utopia and have adapted a new fascist elitism which includes:

- a strong-armed intelligence branch which can operate above the law and trample the rights of individuals without consequence under the guise of classification of everything as national security concerns.

- a secret alliance between elite government bureaucracies and large corporations which can effectively control public opinion, education, access to information, and provide profits to the elitist class by-passing all constitutional checks and balances.

- a two-party system that divides the people down the middle on purposely emotional issues, but in the center overlaps on issues which advances the interest of the elitist, which are commonly referred to as 'the establishment' or more generously 'moderates'.  This is what have been traditionally called useful idiots, who are clueless as to the consequences of policies they support.

The elitist love America for the enormous power and endless wealth it provides to them as they continuously erode the rights of ordinary citizens away.  This has been going on for decades since the end of WWII and even has roots going back over a century with the creation of the federal reserve. 

Most of the major events in recent history are contrived or manipulated by the elites to maximize their profits and to gain additional power whether it be COVID or January 6th.  Even if you don't think those events were purposefully instigated by the powerful elite, it is undeniable that they have used them to expand their grasp of power and wealth.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, avoiding injuries said:

I think this SVB situation and pending financial turmoil is exactly what liberals want. Destroy the country from the inside out. 

I think you're a brain washed idiot

The Democratic Party is about the murder of ambition, work ethic, rugged individualism, self-reliance, personal responsibility, opportunity, and hope—

• Like 1

it feels like its just a question of when can the left arrest and jail elected republicans without fear of reprisal.  watching elected republicans turn on fox and tucker over J6 and saddle up to CNN makes it feel like they are pretty close.  if the left can do that, they will quickly move on to jailing rank and file republican voters and officially revoking the Constitution.

Remember, in the 1917 Soviet revolution, the rank and file leftists were not spared.  They went after them as well, lined them up against the wall and shot them outside their homes, all the while the lefties were in stunned disbelief that it was happening.  they didnt understand that it was time to consolidate power and all the leftist allies who had money or were intelligent got shot because now they were threats.   people like rusty, tim, mooney, will not be spared.  lenin and stalin kept you around as long as you had not shown you were any kind of leader.  they wanted leftist sheep that obeyed.  rusty would be first against the wall by the leftist revolutionaries for showing comedic wit.