Sign in to follow this  
seafoam1

Now that the superbowl is over....Bears!!

Good Bye SB. Later!. Now let's get down to the fun. 

Will be the most talked about team in the offseason. Almost double the #2 most salary cap available team (Atlanta), and #1 pick and they don't need a QB. This will be fun.  

I would argue they do need a QB but hey..... thats just me.

• Thanks 1

I think they need a Qb.  Going to have the same problem that the Ravens now have.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Will be the most talked about team in the offseason. Almost double the #2 most salary cap available team (Atlanta), and #1 pick and they don't need a QB. This will be fun.  

The smart thing for the Bears would be to draft a QB at #1 and trade Fields. Here's why; they'll get an immediate upgrade at QB on a cheaper, longer rookie deal. Take the picks that they get from Fields and flip them into the offensive line. 

There, I just solved all of the Bears problem with one move. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, League Champion said:

Take the picks that they get from Fields and flip them into the offensive line. 

Maybe, but how much can you really shore up an offensive line with a 6th and a 7th round pick?

10 hours ago, League Champion said:

The smart thing for the Bears would be to draft a QB at #1 and trade Fields. Here's why; they'll get an immediate upgrade at QB on a cheaper, longer rookie deal. Take the picks that they get from Fields and flip them into the offensive line. 

or trade fields straight across for an O lineman.

that works too.

15 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Maybe, but how much can you really shore up an offensive line with a 6th and a 7th round pick?

they will get more than that. 

I'm thinking 3rd round pick.   maybe second round if someone really wants him. (doubtful)

18 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Seafoam! Where you been buddy? You still hangin with old crew, you know, Sderk, Utilit, Craftsmen. et.al.? Great to have you back. Looking forward to hearing all about the awesome Bears!

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

they will get more than that. 

I'm thinking 3rd round pick.   maybe second round if someone really wants him. (doubtful)

With so many teams in need of a QB I think they could easily get a 2nd round pick for him, especially since he's on a rookie deal. 

15 hours ago, jrokh said:

Seafoam! Where you been buddy? You still hangin with old crew, you know, Sderk, Utilit, Craftsmen. et.al.? Great to have you back. Looking forward to hearing all about the awesome Bears!

:blink:

Go Bears!

23 hours ago, League Champion said:

Fields will be fine. If I thought he would be a bust I would be all in on trading him. Bears would get a #1 by trading him to Carolina. 

Fields has a brighter future than anyone in this draft. Bryce Young has to be Drew Brees to succeed and that is a tall order.

Stroud? Who the heck knows? He's afraid to leave college. Maybe the dude from Kentucky can show up but no one knows of the bunch.

I'm sticking with Fields. Let's see if Poles feels the same way.

Bears fans need to either embrace the fact that Fields will be their Qb , or not.   I think one is embracing an avg Qb at best.  

4 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

Fields will be fine. If I thought he would be a bust I would be all in on trading him. Bears would get a #1 by trading him to Carolina. 

Fields has a brighter future than anyone in this draft. Bryce Young has to be Drew Brees to succeed and that is a tall order.

Stroud? Who the heck knows? He's afraid to leave college. Maybe the dude from Kentucky can show up but no one knows of the bunch.

I'm sticking with Fields. Let's see if Poles feels the same way.

This kind of reminds me of when foamy was in denial about Mitchy, and defensively assured us that Mitchy was just as good as Mahomes and Watson, who Da Bears passed over. Is Jussie the latest embarrassment for the Bears and Seafoam? Stay tuned...

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

This kind of reminds me of when foamy was in denial about Mitchy, and defensively assured us that Mitchy was just as good as Mahomes and Watson, who Da Bears passed over. Is Jussie the latest embarrassment for the Bears and Seafoam? Stay tuned...

well, part of the problem is the team doesnt seem to do very well at developing their young QB's and putting them in a position to succeed.

to that end they ruin a lot of their top draft picks.

while they do need a QB I honestly dont know if thats the right path for this team.  they do such a terrible job of developing the QB they do draft maybe the right move is to sign the best free agent they can, trade fields for an O lineman or a pick that can be used on the same.   then use the top pick to get a stud defender or trade down for a handful of picks and fill all the holes in the lineup.

This may actually be the best path forward for the bears.

Wr would be useful 

10 hours ago, seafoam1 said:

You've lost your mind. There are at least 3 QBs in this draft with much better pedigrees. You have to do more than run around like a chicken with your head cut off to be a good NFL QB. 

27 minutes ago, League Champion said:

You've lost your mind. There are at least 3 QBs in this draft with much better pedigrees. You have to do more than run around like a chicken with your head cut off to be a good NFL QB. 

What are their pedigrees?

5 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

Unlike Fields all 3 are great at making 2nd and 3rd reads, seeing the field, etc. They are also great at anticipation routes. Fields locks in and if that one guy isn't open he runs for it. 

What I'm saying is that he has absolutely no pocket awareness. 

3 minutes ago, League Champion said:

Unlike Fields all 3 are great at making 2nd and 3rd reads, seeing the field, etc. They are also great at anticipation routes. Fields locks in and if that one guy isn't open he runs for it. 

What I'm saying is that he has absolutely no pocket awareness. 

And which one of those QBs had to deal with the worst o-line in their league? Just curious? 

1 minute ago, seafoam1 said:

And which one of those QBs had to deal with the worst o-line in their league? Just curious? 

These were knocks on Fields out of college. He's a one read QB, always has been. I'm not making this stuff up ya know. 

1 minute ago, League Champion said:

These were knocks on Fields out of college. He's a one read QB, always has been. I'm not making this stuff up ya know. 

"You've lost your mind. There are at least 3 QBs in this draft with much better pedigrees."

Did you make this up? 

29 minutes ago, seafoam1 said:

"You've lost your mind. There are at least 3 QBs in this draft with much better pedigrees."

Did you make this up? 

You don't follow do you?

Stroud, Young and Levis are far superior QUARTERBACKS to Justin Fields. It's that simple. Justin Fields is raw as raw gets, his play proved that. 

26 minutes ago, League Champion said:

You don't follow do you?

Stroud, Young and Levis are far superior QUARTERBACKS to Justin Fields. It's that simple. Justin Fields is raw as raw gets, his play proved that. 

Follow what? What are their pedigrees? I'm just wondering? Can you tell me what their pedigrees are? 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

Just now, seafoam1 said:

Follow what? What are their pedigrees? I'm just wondering? 

All 3 are quarterbacks, Fields is a runner who plays QB. 

We're done here. Study up on the 2023 QB class and get back to me. That's your assignment. 

1 hour ago, League Champion said:

ped·i·gree
the record of descent of an animal, showing it to be purebred.
"they are looking for animals with pedigrees"

Parade was yesterday.  Now the Super Bowl is over and we can start talking about next year.